User Tag List

Thread: Locked out of my Android phone

Default Locked out of my Android phone

I'm wondering if you guys can help me in this issue.

I have a Sony Xperia M C1905. It's not from BD it is from Malaysia. But it's working here perfectly. Until today.

Around 1 PM today the only thing I was doing on my phone was messaging on Hangouts when all of a sudden I get messages saying "Unfortunately, com.google.process.gapps has stopped" "Unfortunately, Hangouts has stopped" and many other messages like this. They kept coming repeatedly. So I tried to reboot the phone.

After I rebooted it, it said "Type password to decrypt storage". What???? Since when did I ever encrypt my phone?? I put a PIN Lock but I didn't encrypt it.

Since I don't know the password and I don't even know how it managed to encrypt itself (it wasn't even plugged in) and since Xperia phones don't have a recovery mode I used the PC companion to reset the phone. I have used it before and it worked, but when I tried it this time I get "Sony Update Engine Failure"

So now I'm completely stuck. I have gone through different forums and YouTube and many people are having the same problem as me. People are calling this particular problem "Ebola". I have read it's a motherboard failure, but it's most likely a memory failure as the reset was unable to write to the memory making it really "read only".

So is there any way to fix it? My official Sony warranty finished as I got it October 2013 so I have no idea what to do!

Thanks for reading

• cloaked's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Vortex Series Clevo P375SM-A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4810MQ (2.80GHz) 6MB
      • RAM:
      • 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X IMPACT 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Kingston Hyper X 3k 240GB SSD (OS), 750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK 7200rpm, 1TB HGST Travelster 7200rpm
      • Graphics Card:
      • 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M - 6.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX 11
      • Display:
      • 17.3 inch Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
      • Sound Card:
      • FiiO E10K Headphone Amplifier and DAC , Realtek High Definition Audio
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Superlux HD668B Headphones
      • Keyboard:
      • INTEGRATED BACKLIT KEYBOARD (UK) WITH NUMBER PAD, Newmen E370 Backlit Keyboard (US)
      • Mouse:
      • CoolerMaster CM Storm Inferno 4000 DPI
      • Controller:
      • Xbox 360 Wired Controller, Xbox One Titanfall Limited Edition Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 330W AC Adaptor
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung Portable USB DVD RW Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Corsair UFD3 COR Voyager GO 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive, Trancsend 32GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 600VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit)
      • Comment:
      • I love my rig, does all the gaming....;)
      • ISP:
      • Link3 Fiber optic
      • Download Speed:
      • 130~
      • Upload Speed:
      • 80~

I would take it to a service center since you have tried everything you can. One question though, after you reset the phone, does it boot up? If it does, does it ask you the password again?

Quote Originally Posted by cloaked View Post
    I would take it to a service center since you have tried everything you can. One question though, after you reset the phone, does it boot up? If it does, does it ask you the password again?
    It doesn't reset, it FAILS to reset. I can't do it from Android as I am stuck on the password screen. If I try to reset it using the PC Companion it fails. I have looked up this issue on the internet and people tried using several flash tools and stuff and they all seemed to fail.

Seems like a broken memory component.

Take a look: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperi...ge/td-p/470091