User Tag List

Thread: ISP Suggestion Help - Lalmatia (How's Mazeda?)

Angry ISP Suggestion Help - Lalmatia (How's Mazeda?)

Hi,

I am currently living in Lalmatia (near Lalmatia Mohila College). I need an ISP that would serve the following purposes:

1. Rich FTP server (1080p and 3D English Movies, up to date Hindi movies)
    2. Youtube (720p / 1080p seamless streaming)
    3. Popcorn Times (720p / 1080p streaming on popular movies)
    4. Local torrent download with High Speed (Dhaka torrent, TorrentBD, CrazyHD, Ontohin etc.)
    5. Online gaming server to play through LAN
    6. Not more than BDT. 1500 per month
    7. (OBVIOUSLY) No limit on gigabytes

Please suggest a suitable ISP.

I have browsed 2 ISPs available in the area - 1) U-turnBD, and 2) Mazeda.

Mazeda promises a lot. For example: for 1500 bucks Mazeda says they provide 3Mbps regular download and 15Mbps youtube. Does it live up to its promises? Google says I need 4MB/s speed to stream 1080p youtube videos. I don't know about 720p though. Now 4MB/s means (4*8)=32Mbps, right? Will I be able to stream 1080p youtube videos with Mazeda's 15Mbps (youtube) connection?

Have anyone used Mazeda? How's it?

What about U-turnBD?

I am totally fed up with Link3. I would sue them if I could. So, please suggest ISPs except Link3.

Thanks in advance, people..

Quote Originally Posted by GenduMia View Post

Mazeda promises a lot. For example: for 1500 bucks Mazeda says they provide 3Mbps regular download and 15Mbps youtube. Does it live up to its promises? Google says I need 4MB/s speed to stream 1080p youtube videos. I don't know about 720p though. Now 4MB/s means (4*8)=32Mbps, right? Will I be able to stream 1080p youtube videos with Mazeda's 15Mbps (youtube) connection?

Have anyone used Mazeda? How's it?

What about U-turnBD?

I am totally fed up with Link3. I would sue them if I could. So, please suggest ISPs except Link3.

Thanks in advance, people..

I'm not using Mazeda, but I'm using DOT and if I'm not wrong I'm also getting 15Mbps YouTube Bandwidth, and I can stream 1080p flawlessly so I don't think it should be a problem with streaming 1080p. I can even stream 1440p with I guess 1-2 sec lag just after switching to 1440p. (I don't have a 1440p monitor though)

Also about Mazeda, @Ehsas should know about it. Last time he spoke about Mazeda he wasn't very satisfied.

I don't know about U-turnBD.

Sorry I couldn't really suggest you any ISP but I just wanted to clarify the YOuTube part.

• Ehsas's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97-G45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
      • RAM:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 3TB/Samsung Evo Pro (1TB SSD)
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA Superclocked ACX GTX 980 dual SLI
      • Display:
      • LG 34UM95
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Razer Kraken Pro (green)
      • Keyboard:
      • Rosewill STRIKER RK-6000
      • Mouse:
      • perrix mx(old one) not sure the model
      • Controller:
      • xbox 360's controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Snow Silent Seasonic 750w
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda BD
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Go for DOT. at the same price (2000tk) In Mazeda you get 4mbps and in dot you get 5mbps. The only thing good about mazeda really is their customer service, they are almost too polite and come to fix things very fast but their connection is just awful. almost every week i need to call them to fix it and at random times it just dc's for a few minutes not stable at all. if you play mmo's or mobas would not recommend this unless you enjoy low priority for some reason but for normal usage i guess it's not AS bad. maybe it's because their wires keep getting cut here might be better in other places (im at road 32 dhanmondi). Im looking to change to dot myself in the new year since i have mazeda's payments cleared till Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsas View Post
    Go for DOT. at the same price (2000tk) In Mazeda you get 4mbps and in dot you get 5mbps. The only thing good about mazeda really is their customer service, they are almost too polite and come to fix things very fast but their connection is just awful. almost every week i need to call them to fix it and at random times it just dc's for a few minutes not stable at all. if you play mmo's or mobas would not recommend this unless you enjoy low priority for some reason but for normal usage i guess it's not AS bad. maybe it's because their wires keep getting cut here might be better in other places (im at road 32 dhanmondi). Im looking to change to dot myself in the new year since i have mazeda's payments cleared till Jan

Hey @Ehsas , you know that I use DOT, and so far from my experience their CS is also not nearly as bad as people say.

Their connection is also not as consistent as I first found it but much better than what you said about Mazeda. In the last 2 months, there were 2 or 3 times the connection disconnected, and the first was really short, the second one was about an hour long and they told us that their were having maintenance or something (they said something about "POP" or something.), and for the last one they sent a guy to fix it after we called (albeit after the second call). From my experience they are not like "talking to a wall" like someone said in my thread, they are not extremely polite or anything but I'll say I'm very satisfied.

• Ehsas's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97-G45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
      • RAM:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 3TB/Samsung Evo Pro (1TB SSD)
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA Superclocked ACX GTX 980 dual SLI
      • Display:
      • LG 34UM95
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Razer Kraken Pro (green)
      • Keyboard:
      • Rosewill STRIKER RK-6000
      • Mouse:
      • perrix mx(old one) not sure the model
      • Controller:
      • xbox 360's controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Snow Silent Seasonic 750w
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda BD
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by z.a.s View Post
    Hey @Ehsas , you know that I use DOT, and so far from my experience their CS is also not nearly as bad as people say.

Their connection is also not as consistent as I first found it but much better than what you said about Mazeda. In the last 2 months, there were 2 or 3 times the connection disconnected, and the first was really short, the second one was about an hour long and they told us that their were having maintenance or something (they said something about "POP" or something.), and for the last one they sent a guy to fix it after we called (albeit after the second call). From my experience they are not like "talking to a wall" like someone said in my thread, they are not extremely polite or anything but I'll say I'm very satisfied.
    3 disconnects in a span of 2 months sounds heavenly to me really...i get it on an almost daily basis (although very short durations) but anything over 5mins ruins the game for me. hoping that their connection in this area is good for me as well..since im having a VERY tough time trying to convince my grandpa to change since he's been using it for many years and all our tenants use it too! so im thinking of getting a seperate line maybe for just my part of the floor

3 disconnects in a span of 2 months sounds heavenly to me really...i get it on an almost daily basis (although very short durations) but anything over 5mins ruins the game for me. hoping that their connection in this area is good for me as well..since im having a VERY tough time trying to convince my grandpa to change since he's been using it for many years and all our tenants use it too! so im thinking of getting a seperate line maybe for just my part of the floor

Do note that there might be super short disconnections too, but I only remember those 3 to be major (the first one was short but I remember it because it was the first). I mainly wanted to point out that DOT's CS is not as bad as many say.

I'm not using Mazeda, but I'm using DOT and if I'm not wrong I'm also getting 15Mbps YouTube Bandwidth, and I can stream 1080p flawlessly so I don't think it should be a problem with streaming 1080p. I can even stream 1440p with I guess 1-2 sec lag just after switching to 1440p. (I don't have a 1440p monitor though)

Also about Mazeda, @Ehsas should know about it. Last time he spoke about Mazeda he wasn't very satisfied.

I don't know about U-turnBD.

Sorry I couldn't really suggest you any ISP but I just wanted to clarify the YOuTube part.
    Thanks guys. Especially on the YouTube part.

I have been looking for something within BDT 1500. DOT sounds to be a good option. It would be really helpful if you guys can help me out here.

I have just checked their website and have seen that they have a Diamond Package for home users. It gives around 4 Mbps regular speed and 15 Mbps youtube. Better than Mazeda I think.

There is a 20 Mbps BDIX Bandwidth. What is this? What does this BDIX Bandwdith do?

Cheers!
    Last edited by GenduMia; December 23rd, 2015 at 03:22. Reason: additional info

Thanks guys. Especially on the YouTube part.

I have been looking for something within BDT 1500. DOT sounds to be a good option. It would be really helpful if you guys can help me out here.

I have just checked their website and have seen that they have a Diamond Package for home users. It gives around 4 Mbps regular speed and 15 Mbps youtube. Better than Mazeda I think.

There is a 20 Mbps BDIX Bandwidth. What is this? What does this BDIX Bandwdith do?

Cheers!

I'm new to this BDIX thing, but it stands for Bangladesh Internet Exchange. This is a lot of different services or sites which is interconnected among several ISPs in BD. If the ISP has BDIX connected, then the users can access different servers and sites which are also BDIX connected, and they can download stuff, torrent, live stream stuff and things like this. When you are promised 20 Mbps by your ISP, then you can enjoy speeds up to 20 Mbps on BDIX connected sites.

This is my understanding of BDIX, I'm sure others can explain better. I'm new to this thing, and have only tried Moja Loss server (if that counts).

I'm new to this BDIX thing, but it stands for Bangladesh Internet Exchange. This is a lot of different services or sites which is interconnected among several ISPs in BD. If the ISP has BDIX connected, then the users can access different servers and sites which are also BDIX connected, and they can download stuff, torrent, live stream stuff and things like this. When you are promised 20 Mbps by your ISP, then you can enjoy speeds up to 20 Mbps on BDIX connected sites.

This is my understanding of BDIX, I'm sure others can explain better. I'm new to this thing, and have only tried Moja Loss server (if that counts).
    nice!

thanks for interpreting this to me.

i guess the bangladeshi torrent servers like torrentBD, ontohin, crazyHD etc will give higher speed in BDIX connected ISPs than others. Also, the shared FTP thing is awesome. After reading your post I am downloading things from moja losss ftp server. it started with 4 MB/s and then i moves about 1 and 2 MB/s. The final average was 2.72 MB/s. I guess i will have to live with it.

btw, i have taken the DOT connection. BDT. 1200, 3 Mbps (3.5 from 1 January 2016, they've said) and 15Mbps youtube. Some youtube 1080p videos run totally smoothly, but many don't. I don't know how to interpret that.

This is a screenshot of the speed test i took. Please let me know if I am getting my money's worth.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	151227 net speed.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	37767

Pardon my naivety, I am kind of technologically handicapped...
    Last edited by GenduMia; December 27th, 2015 at 21:14. Reason: updated info

nice!

thanks for interpreting this to me.

i guess the bangladeshi torrent servers like torrentBD, ontohin, crazyHD etc will give higher speed in BDIX connected ISPs than others. Also, the shared FTP thing is awesome. After reading your post I am downloading things from moja losss ftp server. it started with 4 MB/s and then i moves about 1 and 2 MB/s. The final average was 2.72 MB/s. I guess i will have to live with it.

btw, i have taken the DOT connection. BDT. 1200, 3 Mbps (3.5 from 1 January 2016, they've said) and 15Mbps youtube. Some youtube 1080p videos run totally smoothly, but many don't. I don't know how to interpret that.

This is a screenshot of the speed test i took. Please let me know if I am getting my money's worth.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	151227 net speed.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	37767

Pardon my naivety, I am kind of technologically handicapped...

The FTP speeds are kinda slow with DOT, and I'm not downloading much nowadays so it doesn't bother me that much. The last time I downloaded from Moja Loss it took 6 mins for 1.5GB, I think I can live with that. That's still much faster than if you didn't have FTP.

Also you are getting what you're paying for, you can't always expect 3Mbps at all times (regardless of ISP) but your speed is still really good. Also, about YouTube, mine is working almost fine although now sometimes I have to wait 4-6 second before 1080p video starts playing smoothly.