User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: PC Buying Help !!!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Thakurgaon
    Posts
    54

    Default PC Buying Help !!!

    My friend wants to buy a new cpu with 1TB hdd and a good processor and gfx card for playing latest games in his budget.His budget is 35,000tk.

  2. #2
    Member
    • VANGUARD's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 8700K 5.2Ghz @Corsair H115i
      • RAM:
      • Gskill Ripjaws V 3466MHz 2x8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Zotac SSD 480GB Premium + Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp! Extreme
      • Display:
      • ASUS VX24AH, 1440p
      • Sound Card:
      • ROG SupremeFX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-910/Logitech UE 200vm
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair STRAFE-CherryRED
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G602 @Tt Pyrrhus
      • Controller:
      • Xbox One Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec EDGE 650w
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-224FB
      • USB Devices:
      • Everything
      • UPS:
      • Micro UVL-1500 Long Backup
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • The workhorse
      • ISP:
      • The Net Heads
    VANGUARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    10,096

  3. #3
    Member
    • shafi's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z170 gaming 7, apple macbook pro late 2013 retina/ apple ipad air/iPad pro 9.7 iPhone 7+
      • CPU:
      • CORE i7 6700K WITH coolermaster hyper 212 evo/intel haswell i7 2.3 ghz
      • RAM:
      • GSkill RipJaws v 3000 32gb ddr4/16 gb ddr3 1600 mhz on mac
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 850 evo 250gb+1tb+wd ezex 1tb, trancend 35t3 3 tb, Wd black 5tb, 950 pro, muskin 1tb
      • Graphics Card:
      • gigabyte gtx 1080 xtreme sli/ intel iris pro+ nvidia gt 750m 2gb gddr5
      • Display:
      • samsung ku 6290 4k uhd tv, Dell S2716DG
      • Sound Card:
      • Sound blaster zx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Akg k7xx,Samson sr 850, audio technica ath m50x, ,dt 990 pro, hd 598
      • Keyboard:
      • corsair vengeance k95 rgb
      • Mouse:
      • logitech g500s, g700s,g502,g402, deathadder chorma on razer goliathus speed edition
      • Controller:
      • ps4, xbox one controller
      • Power Supply:
      • corsair rm i 1000w
      • Optical Drive:
      • None
      • USB Devices:
      • 32 gb trancend, 64gb sandisk, 16gb kingston
      • UPS:
      • None
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 education, mac osx maverick 10.9.1
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • wei- cpu and ram-7.6 on stock, gfx-7.9
      • Comment:
      • thanks a lot to omnipotent creator(as a muslim allah) for my awesome rig, xbox one and ps4
      • ISP:
      • Teksavvy 60mbps unlimited
      • Download Speed:
      • 9.2MB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • Don't upload
      • Console:
      • 128
    shafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    hDD ER Price to skyhigh/

  4. #4
    Member
    • Cpt.Mactavish's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DG31PR
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2D
      • RAM:
      • 2GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 250GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Samsung syncmaster S19A300B 18.5"inch LED
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD
      • Power Supply:
      • Generic Tiner Box
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DVD RW
      • UPS:
      • Prolink
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Cpu:5.4,Gpu:7.1,HDD:5.9
      • Comment:
      • Happy with it!
    Cpt.Mactavish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    992

    Default

    for the flood in thiland

  5. #5
    Member
    • Trave160's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B350M Mortar AM4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 3TB Western Digital red
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Strix GTX 960 4G
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H 22 Inch monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • None
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • TtEsports Knucker
      • Controller:
      • PS4 Dualshock 4 controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 24X DVD-RW Drive(Defunct)
      • USB Devices:
      • Pendrive 4GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Toaster rig arisen to Ultra toaster with chisel abs.
      • ISP:
      • NunuCom Ltd, Penus group
      • Download Speed:
      • Super San 200kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 105*2
      • Console:
      • 130
    Trave160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Secure Area
    Posts
    7,742

    Default

    Buy a Phenom X4 955 BE with a 9K mobo, what about RAM?

    In case you're curious

    Left 4 Dead


    Crysis Warhead




    These Benchmarks don't lie.Its worth about 10K in BD
    Last edited by Trave160; December 8th, 2011 at 16:44.

  6. #6
    Member
    • VANGUARD's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 8700K 5.2Ghz @Corsair H115i
      • RAM:
      • Gskill Ripjaws V 3466MHz 2x8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Zotac SSD 480GB Premium + Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp! Extreme
      • Display:
      • ASUS VX24AH, 1440p
      • Sound Card:
      • ROG SupremeFX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-910/Logitech UE 200vm
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair STRAFE-CherryRED
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G602 @Tt Pyrrhus
      • Controller:
      • Xbox One Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec EDGE 650w
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-224FB
      • USB Devices:
      • Everything
      • UPS:
      • Micro UVL-1500 Long Backup
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • The workhorse
      • ISP:
      • The Net Heads
    VANGUARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    10,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trave160 View Post
    Buy a Phenom X4 955 BE with a 9K mobo, what about RAM?

    In case you're curious

    Left 4 Dead


    Crysis Warhead




    These Benchmarks don't lie.Its worth about 10K in BD
    lol mannnn.........even i3 2100 is waaaaaaaaaay better in gaming performence vs phenomII x4 955BE

    http://www.primatelabs.ca/geekbench/pc-benchmarks/

  7. #7
    Member
    • Trave160's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B350M Mortar AM4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 3TB Western Digital red
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Strix GTX 960 4G
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H 22 Inch monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • None
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • TtEsports Knucker
      • Controller:
      • PS4 Dualshock 4 controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 24X DVD-RW Drive(Defunct)
      • USB Devices:
      • Pendrive 4GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Toaster rig arisen to Ultra toaster with chisel abs.
      • ISP:
      • NunuCom Ltd, Penus group
      • Download Speed:
      • Super San 200kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 105*2
      • Console:
      • 130
    Trave160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Secure Area
    Posts
    7,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infracted View Post
    lol mannnn.........even i3 2100 is waaaaaaaaaay better in gaming performence vs phenomII x4 955BE

    http://www.primatelabs.ca/geekbench/pc-benchmarks/
    But when overclocked it meets its match, also i3 is Dual core, There are more things to do than just gaming like converting videos and of course you need to extract files.If you play DiRT 3, its all maxed out


    ---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

    Also playing it on DDR 3 works better than DDR 2

  8. #8
    Member
    • VANGUARD's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 8700K 5.2Ghz @Corsair H115i
      • RAM:
      • Gskill Ripjaws V 3466MHz 2x8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Zotac SSD 480GB Premium + Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp! Extreme
      • Display:
      • ASUS VX24AH, 1440p
      • Sound Card:
      • ROG SupremeFX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-910/Logitech UE 200vm
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair STRAFE-CherryRED
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G602 @Tt Pyrrhus
      • Controller:
      • Xbox One Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec EDGE 650w
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-224FB
      • USB Devices:
      • Everything
      • UPS:
      • Micro UVL-1500 Long Backup
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • The workhorse
      • ISP:
      • The Net Heads
    VANGUARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    10,096

    Default

    A simple equation, E8600 (my previous processor)< 1 fps difference X4 955BE. And we all know that i3 2100 is better than E8600. And keep in mind that 955BE itself consumes raw 125watt, with 3.8Ghz OC, it reaches to more than 150watt where as any Sandy bridge consumes only 65watt.

    "Math is Free. Transistors are Free. Power is expensive. Performance Per Watt = Performance."-- Jen-Hsung Huang, CEO, nVidia
    Last edited by VANGUARD; December 9th, 2011 at 00:53.

  9. #9
    Member
    • Rakin7's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • Watercooled Intel Sandy Bridge Core i5 2500k
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x4GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung F4 2TB and Crucial M4 128GB SSD
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X 3GB GHz Edition flashed to R9 280X
      • Display:
      • Asus MS228H 21.5 LED Full HD 1080p and Sony Bravia CX520 32
      • Sound Card:
      • ASUS Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohms
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Meka G1 Mechnical Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Deathadder 2013
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart M850
      • UPS:
      • Powerpac 1200VA backed up by Generator
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 x64 with Media Center
      • ISP:
      • Link3 2.5 Mbps
      • Download Speed:
      • 325 KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 325 KB/s
    Rakin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    3,840

    Default

    Accha manush Watt niye ato chilla chilli kore ken?Performance Consumes power. Even SB-E are 130W CPUs.
    When a Phenom 955BE is OCed it will beat the crap out of 2100. While 2100 CANNOT Be OCed. Moreover Sandy Bridge Low-end mobos are not so good compared to AMD mobo which a top of the line amd mobo costs 15k whereas a top of the line SB mobo costs over 17k.
    If the GPU bottlenecks the CPU the FPS will be same, moreover the games u tested I'm pretty sure they are CPU dependand. If i3 2100 is better than E8600 so is the X4. Moreover the i3 is a dual core in the long run it will run out of juice handling quad optimised games while the X4 will still give playable results.

    ---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

    Keno Intel 965 Extreme eo to 1 FPS diffrence so does that mean that 965 Extreme is worse than E8600?
    Last edited by Rakin7; December 9th, 2011 at 01:02.

  10. #10
    Member
    • 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE B75M-D3H rev1.1
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3470 Ivy bridge//Core i5-4200U
      • RAM:
      • Silicon Power 4GB DDR3 @1600 mhz(8-8-8-24-1T) // TwinMOS 4GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD green 500gb// Hitachi 500GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus GTX 960 strix// GT 750M
      • Display:
      • AOC e2043Fsk 20&quot; LED(1600 X 900) DCR 50,000,000:1
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech KRS-86
      • Mouse:
      • Thermaltake azureus
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec VP450P
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD RW+Asus CD RW
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8.1 pro x64
    @nonymous™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EviL AnGeL View Post
    Accha manush Watt niye ato chilla chilli kore ken?Performance Consumes power. Even SB-E are 130W CPUs.
    When a Phenom 955BE is OCed it will beat the crap out of 2100. While 2100 CANNOT Be OCed. Moreover Sandy Bridge Low-end mobos are not so good compared to AMD mobo which a top of the line amd mobo costs 15k whereas a top of the line SB mobo costs over 17k.
    If the GPU bottlenecks the CPU the FPS will be same, moreover the games u tested I'm pretty sure they are CPU dependand. If i3 2100 is better than E8600 so is the X4. Moreover the i3 is a dual core in the long run it will run out of juice handling quad optimised games while the X4 will still give playable results.

    ---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

    Keno Intel 965 Extreme eo to 1 FPS diffrence so does that mean that 965 Extreme is worse than E8600?
    to get closer/match with 2100's gaming performence 955 will need to be clocked @ atleast ~4ghz(still no surety to be faster....)...so add another 5/6k for a aftermarket cooler....
    and about 2100's quad core optimization....you will see still SB i3's beating iiX6 1100t(even newer BD's too) in most of the cpu intensive/multi-core optimized games...aita notun kore explain korar kichui nai.....
    @Trave160 post some newer bench......
    Last edited by @nonymous™; December 9th, 2011 at 02:38.

  11. #11
    Member
    • VANGUARD's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 8700K 5.2Ghz @Corsair H115i
      • RAM:
      • Gskill Ripjaws V 3466MHz 2x8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Zotac SSD 480GB Premium + Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp! Extreme
      • Display:
      • ASUS VX24AH, 1440p
      • Sound Card:
      • ROG SupremeFX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-910/Logitech UE 200vm
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair STRAFE-CherryRED
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G602 @Tt Pyrrhus
      • Controller:
      • Xbox One Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec EDGE 650w
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-224FB
      • USB Devices:
      • Everything
      • UPS:
      • Micro UVL-1500 Long Backup
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • The workhorse
      • ISP:
      • The Net Heads
    VANGUARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    10,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by @nonymous View Post
    to get closer/match with 2100's gaming performence 955 will need to be clocked @ atleast ~4ghz(still no surety to be faster....)...so add another 5/6k for a aftermarket cooler....
    and about 2100's quad core optimization....you will see still SB i3's beating iiX6 1100t(even newer BD's too) in most of the cpu intensive/multi-core optimized games...aita notun kore explain korar kichui nai.....
    @Trave160 post some newer bench......
    well said bro.

  12. #12
    Forum Staff
    • dipanzan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z87 HD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Dominator 16GB 1600
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 128GB, Western Digital 1TB Blue, My Passport 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • HIS HD5850
      • Display:
      • Dell P2212H
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar DGx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD598
      • Keyboard:
      • Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Ninja Reds
      • Mouse:
      • Mionix Avior 7000, Steelseries XAI
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair HX650 v2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 :: Linksys WRT54GL w/ DD-WRT
      • Download Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s
    dipanzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kalabagan, Dhaka
    Posts
    7,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infracted View Post
    A simple equation, E8600 (my previous processor)< 1 fps difference X4 955BE. And we all know that i3 2100 is better than E8600. And keep in mind that 955BE itself consumes raw 125watt, with 3.8Ghz OC, it reaches to more than 150watt where as any Sandy bridge consumes only 65watt.

    "Math is Free. Transistors are Free. Power is expensive. Performance Per Watt = Performance."-- Jen-Hsung Huang, CEO, nVidia
    Oh please, like you guys care about saving power ? Moreover a 955BE does not consume raw 125, only stressing all the cores to 100% will get you that amount. I repeat 100% & this is a quad core we are speaking. The numbers gain when it's overclocked & that's true for all processors. Only the newer SB processors are more efficient.

    Tell me this one thing, how come people are using Q9xxx/i7 9xx without having to worry about power ? Or say a i7/i5 8xx/7xx overclocked ? & ROFL at the quote! Hint: "Fermi"

    Quote Originally Posted by @nonymous View Post
    to get closer/match with 2100's gaming performence 955 will need to be clocked @ atleast ~4ghz(still no surety to be faster....)...so add another 5/6k for a aftermarket cooler....
    and about 2100's quad core optimization....you will see still SB i3's beating iiX6 1100t(even newer BD's too) in most of the cpu intensive/multi-core optimized games...aita notun kore explain korar kichui nai.....
    @Trave160 post some newer bench......
    Please show me a where a 955BE has to get to 4GHz to beat a 2100, yes I know the 2100 will beat it at games which uses no more than 1-2threads, but tell me this, what will happen when games start taking advantage of 4cores or maybe even more ? Like for e.g GTA4/BF3 ? The newer DX11 titles are all supposedly multi threaded.

    About the overclocking ability of the 955BE, I'll leave that aside, not everyone can overclock. Getting the 955BE to 3.6GHz is just a child's play with the multiplier.

    Now why I won't recommend Phenom-II is because, we don't know anything about AMD's newer processors. The SB has an advantage of a better upgrade path, which would be a 2500K or even an Ivy Bridge.

    @OP, tell your friend to go for this:

    CPU: i3 2100, 10K
    BOARD: H61/67, 5K
    GPU: Asus/Gigabyte/MSI GTX560, 18K

    Get the HDD later, as the prices are sky high right now. You might as well go for a second hand 320GB which might fit in with your budget & then buy a 1TB later on.

  13. #13
    Member
    • Trave160's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B350M Mortar AM4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 3TB Western Digital red
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Strix GTX 960 4G
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H 22 Inch monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • None
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • TtEsports Knucker
      • Controller:
      • PS4 Dualshock 4 controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 24X DVD-RW Drive(Defunct)
      • USB Devices:
      • Pendrive 4GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Toaster rig arisen to Ultra toaster with chisel abs.
      • ISP:
      • NunuCom Ltd, Penus group
      • Download Speed:
      • Super San 200kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 105*2
      • Console:
      • 130
    Trave160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Secure Area
    Posts
    7,742

    Default

    Or you could tell him to wait till new year, I still vouch you choose the Phenom II X4 955 BE.

    You guys didn't mention the performance difference from using DDR2 to DDR3.





    Like i said Quad Core is more preferable for extraction software even with Arc files especially on DDR3, As for those wondering bout Power Consumption, heres your asnwer



    Under full load the Phenom II X4 955 used 5.5% less power than the Core i7 920, and 12% less than the Core 2 Quad Q9650.
    More info can be found here Source

  14. #14
    Member
    • VANGUARD's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 8700K 5.2Ghz @Corsair H115i
      • RAM:
      • Gskill Ripjaws V 3466MHz 2x8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Zotac SSD 480GB Premium + Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp! Extreme
      • Display:
      • ASUS VX24AH, 1440p
      • Sound Card:
      • ROG SupremeFX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-910/Logitech UE 200vm
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair STRAFE-CherryRED
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G602 @Tt Pyrrhus
      • Controller:
      • Xbox One Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec EDGE 650w
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-224FB
      • USB Devices:
      • Everything
      • UPS:
      • Micro UVL-1500 Long Backup
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • The workhorse
      • ISP:
      • The Net Heads
    VANGUARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    10,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dipanzan View Post
    Oh please, like you guys care about saving power ? Moreover a 955BE does not consume raw 125, only stressing all the cores to 100% will get you that amount. I repeat 100% & this is a quad core we are speaking. The numbers gain when it's overclocked & that's true for all processors. Only the newer SB processors are more efficient.

    Tell me this one thing, how come people are using Q9xxx/i7 9xx without having to worry about power ? Or say a i7/i5 8xx/7xx overclocked ? & ROFL at the quote! Hint: "Fermi"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	20 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	16281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	16282

    So, according to you, while using all 4 cores WITHOUT OVERCLOCKING, it will consume 125w, right? It means someone will need clean 10.4Amps in +12v rails just only for the processor. Now suppose someone uses a PSU of combined 25Amps (like my TT430 23A in +12v rails) in +12v rails which provides total 300watts in +12v rails assuming 0% capacitor aging (the reality would be 10-15%). So, in quad core gaming, 300-125= 175w left (processor taking 125w), Motherboard (considering 880G chipset) taking 20-30w, 175-30=145w, 1HDD taking 10w, 145-10=135w, 1dvd rw taking 10w, 135-10=125w, it means only 125watt in +12v for graphics card is left if we dont use any add-in cards. While using an i3 would give you this place at 125+(125-65) = 185watt and i5 will give at 125+(125-95)= 155watt.

    And that quote was made for the Kepler, in which GTX680 will consume around 82watt at full stress unlike Fermi. Lolz.
    Last edited by VANGUARD; December 9th, 2011 at 13:27.

  15. #15
    Member
    • 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE B75M-D3H rev1.1
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3470 Ivy bridge//Core i5-4200U
      • RAM:
      • Silicon Power 4GB DDR3 @1600 mhz(8-8-8-24-1T) // TwinMOS 4GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD green 500gb// Hitachi 500GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus GTX 960 strix// GT 750M
      • Display:
      • AOC e2043Fsk 20&quot; LED(1600 X 900) DCR 50,000,000:1
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech KRS-86
      • Mouse:
      • Thermaltake azureus
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec VP450P
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD RW+Asus CD RW
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8.1 pro x64
    @nonymous™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dipanzan View Post
    Please show me a where a 955BE has to get to 4GHz to beat a 2100, yes I know the 2100 will beat it at games which uses no more than 1-2threads, but tell me this, what will happen when games start taking advantage of 4cores or maybe even more ? Like for e.g GTA4/BF3 ? The newer DX11 titles are all supposedly multi threaded.
    4ghz/5ghz doesn't matter...first show any evidence where the phenom iiX4 beats 2100....dx11 titles have already started taking advantage of 4 cores so nothing like that is waiting for the future..i've posted 2100's performence on dx11 countless times here in bg.....and BF3 is such a game which is supposed to get advantage of more than 4 cores....here is example of SB i3's performence on bf3.....
    Name:  cpu%20scaling.png
Views: 377
Size:  13.0 KB
    Last edited by @nonymous™; December 9th, 2011 at 13:26.

  16. #16
    Member
    • VANGUARD's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 8700K 5.2Ghz @Corsair H115i
      • RAM:
      • Gskill Ripjaws V 3466MHz 2x8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Zotac SSD 480GB Premium + Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp! Extreme
      • Display:
      • ASUS VX24AH, 1440p
      • Sound Card:
      • ROG SupremeFX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-910/Logitech UE 200vm
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair STRAFE-CherryRED
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G602 @Tt Pyrrhus
      • Controller:
      • Xbox One Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec EDGE 650w
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-224FB
      • USB Devices:
      • Everything
      • UPS:
      • Micro UVL-1500 Long Backup
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • The workhorse
      • ISP:
      • The Net Heads
    VANGUARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    10,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trave160 View Post
    Or you could tell him to wait till new year, I still vouch you choose the Phenom II X4 955 BE.

    You guys didn't mention the performance difference from using DDR2 to DDR3.





    Like i said Quad Core is more preferable for extraction software even with Arc files especially on DDR3, As for those wondering bout Power Consumption, heres your asnwer





    More info can be found here Source
    That article was made in 2009 brother

    ---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by @nonymous View Post
    4ghz/5ghz doesn't matter...first show any evidence where the phenom iiX4 beats 2100....dx11 titles already taking advantage of 4 cores so nothing like that are waiting for the future..i've posted 2100's performence on dx11 countless times here.....and BF3 is such a game which is supposed to get advantage of more than 4 cores....here is example of SB i3's performence on bf3 against 8-core BD......
    Name:  cpu%20scaling.png
Views: 377
Size:  13.0 KB
    You hammered it
    Last edited by VANGUARD; December 9th, 2011 at 13:32.

  17. #17
    Member
    • Trave160's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B350M Mortar AM4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 3TB Western Digital red
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Strix GTX 960 4G
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H 22 Inch monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • None
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • TtEsports Knucker
      • Controller:
      • PS4 Dualshock 4 controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 24X DVD-RW Drive(Defunct)
      • USB Devices:
      • Pendrive 4GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Toaster rig arisen to Ultra toaster with chisel abs.
      • ISP:
      • NunuCom Ltd, Penus group
      • Download Speed:
      • Super San 200kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 105*2
      • Console:
      • 130
    Trave160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Secure Area
    Posts
    7,742

    Default

    Alright fine go for the i3 .

    Still don't say i didn't warn you.

  18. #18
    Forum Staff
    • dipanzan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z87 HD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Dominator 16GB 1600
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 128GB, Western Digital 1TB Blue, My Passport 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • HIS HD5850
      • Display:
      • Dell P2212H
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar DGx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD598
      • Keyboard:
      • Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Ninja Reds
      • Mouse:
      • Mionix Avior 7000, Steelseries XAI
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair HX650 v2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 :: Linksys WRT54GL w/ DD-WRT
      • Download Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s
    dipanzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kalabagan, Dhaka
    Posts
    7,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infracted View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	20 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	16281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	16282

    So, according to you, while using all 4 cores WITHOUT OVERCLOCKING, it will consume 125w, right? It means someone will need clean 10.4Amps in +12v rails just only for the processor. Now suppose someone uses a PSU of combined 25Amps (like my TT430 23A in +12v rails) in +12v rails which provides total 300watts in +12v rails assuming 0% capacitor aging (the reality would be 10-15%). So, in quad core gaming, 300-125= 175w left (processor taking 125w), Motherboard (considering 880G chipset) taking 20-30w, 175-30=145w, 1HDD taking 10w, 145-10=135w, 1dvd rw taking 10w, 135-10=125w, it means only 125watt in +12v for graphics card is left. While using an i3 would give you this place at 125+(125-65) = 185watt and i5 will give at 125+(125-95)= 155watt.

    And that quote was made for the Kepler, in which GTX680 will consume 62watt at full stress unlike Fermi. Lolz.
    It's your problem that you are using such a low end PSU to power your system, not mine. And are you sure your TT430 provides 300W in the 12V rails ? Is it not a very under powered PSU ?

    Theoretically your calculation is wrong, when gaming the processor won't be stressed(all cores) to a 100%. Secondly a chipset does not work that way, it depends on the no of components active on the board (integrated sound, Ethernet controller, RAID, etc). Third, the 12V rails has to be a lot more stronger than what's found on these generic PSU to cope with the GPU properly. Just calculating with figures, does not prove that a PSU (with that low of a specs) to run a high end card.

  19. #19
    Member
    • VANGUARD's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 8700K 5.2Ghz @Corsair H115i
      • RAM:
      • Gskill Ripjaws V 3466MHz 2x8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Zotac SSD 480GB Premium + Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp! Extreme
      • Display:
      • ASUS VX24AH, 1440p
      • Sound Card:
      • ROG SupremeFX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-910/Logitech UE 200vm
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair STRAFE-CherryRED
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G602 @Tt Pyrrhus
      • Controller:
      • Xbox One Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec EDGE 650w
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-224FB
      • USB Devices:
      • Everything
      • UPS:
      • Micro UVL-1500 Long Backup
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • The workhorse
      • ISP:
      • The Net Heads
    VANGUARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    10,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dipanzan View Post
    It's your problem that you are using such a low end PSU to power your system, not mine. And are you sure your TT430 provides 300W in the 12V rails ? Is it not a very under powered PSU ?

    Theoretically your calculation is wrong, when gaming the processor won't be stressed(all cores) to a 100%. Secondly a chipset does not work that way, it depends on the no of components active on the board (integrated sound, Ethernet controller, RAID, etc). Third, the 12V rails has to be a lot more stronger than what's found on these generic PSU to cope with the GPU properly. Just calculating with figures, does not prove that a PSU (with that low of a specs) to run a high end card.
    Actually TT430 is 276watt in +12v rails. Fortrex 600, Maxin 700, ValueTop 500 er obostha aro kharap.
    Last edited by VANGUARD; December 9th, 2011 at 13:38. Reason: Fortrex 600

  20. #20
    Forum Staff
    • dipanzan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z87 HD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Dominator 16GB 1600
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 128GB, Western Digital 1TB Blue, My Passport 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • HIS HD5850
      • Display:
      • Dell P2212H
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar DGx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD598
      • Keyboard:
      • Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Ninja Reds
      • Mouse:
      • Mionix Avior 7000, Steelseries XAI
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair HX650 v2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 :: Linksys WRT54GL w/ DD-WRT
      • Download Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s
    dipanzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kalabagan, Dhaka
    Posts
    7,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infracted View Post
    Actually TT430 is 276watt in +12v rails. Fortrex 600, Maxin 700, ValueTop 500 er obostha aro kharap.
    Actually I doubt it provides a 276W which is a 23A in the 12V rails. The Litepower 430W is just a rebranded HEC 300W, which is a mere 300W unit. Using that to power a high end machine (a gaming rig) will probably overrate it's capabilities, expect a lot less in the 12V rails. Now you tell me, why would anyone buy that PSU to power a decent (more likely a powerful mid end) system ?

    Lastly there's a factor of the operating temperature of these low powered PSUs, & I'm sure you haven't taken that into account as well ?
    Last edited by dipanzan; December 9th, 2011 at 14:06.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TV buying help
    By Rorschach in forum Help - PC Buying
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 19th, 2011, 15:19
  2. PC Buying Help!
    By Mohaan in forum Help - PC Buying
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: October 24th, 2011, 09:13
  3. Help with Buying a new pc
    By Md.Rezwanul Haque in forum CPU
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: April 27th, 2011, 00:20
  4. Need Help For Buying A PC
    By SadmanBD in forum Help - PC Buying
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: April 10th, 2011, 12:23
  5. Buying a new pc
    By Marfi in forum Technical Support
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: August 21st, 2010, 21:42

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.35938 seconds with 15 queries.