User Tag List

Thread: How do you cope with this?

Angry How do you cope with this?

Hi!
    How do you cope with it when you fail on the exam yet it wasn't your fault?
    I just had an exam today,I was supposed to build an amplifier using a BJT and show a proper output.
    The problem was I knew the circuit,I even made it with my own hands for other members(can't blame them not everyone is
    good at everything)of the group and yet my own circuit despite being properly set and correct didn't work and I was marked 26 out of 60!!!

I made the circuit work on other members' boards but when it came to my board my circuit didn't work as expected.
    I suspected that there was some kind of internal short in my board which was causing the resistors to be shorted out.
    I informed the teacher but he thought that either I didn't know the proper circuit or I didn't know the proper method to set it
    and when he asked me to check the output,as usual it wasn't as expected. The other members protested that my circuit wasn't
    behaving properly but the teacher again thought they might be trying to help me out of my irresponsibility and warned them
    that they will get mark deduction.

It seems that the teacher was a bit rude,but I can't blame him,it was the equipment fault in my opinion,I can't forgive myself
    for this and this is the worst mark I received in this semester and hence my GPA will go down. I can't just get this thought
    out of my head and the consequence is haunting me ever since I walked out of the exam. I am feeling so angry with myself,
    and yet I believe this anger might interfere with my other exams. The thought of getting 26 out of 60(and only 40 marks remaining for
    this unit) is really frightening,and I also believe that I earned a bad reputation as well,from now on the teacher will be thinking I am a real
    loser case. He used to like me a lot though,I am fast with the circuits when it comes to lab classes yet t'day I failed both myself and his
    belief. Damn I don't know what to do,I feel like giving up my studies and runaway somewhere and rot till my death.

Anyone got any suggestions or advice for me?

Thanks

Sola Boot Muri™
    • Deep -xCross-'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ECS G41T-R3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Pentium D E5400 (@2.7Ghz)
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 2GB DDR3 (@1066MHz)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Western Digital Caviar BLACK 1TB & Seagate GoFlex Desk External 3TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire ATi Radeon 5550
      • Display:
      • DELL P2211H 21.5" LED LCD (@1080p)
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Audigy Value 7.1
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative GIGAWORKS T3 / Bose IE2
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
      • Mouse:
      • Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Lightpower 430W
      • Optical Drive:
      • UPS:
      • GreenPower 600VA powered by a 85AH IPS Battery which gives me 3.5hours of backup
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit (Pirated)
      • Comment:
      • Not so bad for normal usage. I don't have any time to play games right now.
      • ISP:
      • Link3 1532kbps Night Doubler
      • Download Speed:
      • 180-360
      • Upload Speed:
      • 180*360
      • Console:

Default Re: How do you cope with this?

Even I have been under the exact same situation in my Physics lab once.
    But I don't give a damn about my result or marks. I know what I am and I'm happy with that.
    seeing is believing..

Default Re: How do you cope with this?

Umm,if it was school,it would be fine with me,I could probably talk with the principal and arrange a re-exam but in the university,I must as always give a damn because one bad mark means either I'll have to live with a poor CGPA(hence zero chance of a proper job and respect) or I will have to spend a bag-load of money and valuable time to retake that course and get a improvement remark in my final certificate,so in either way I am basically screwed. I also am responsible for all my grades and answer to my parents directly and the aren't the most kind hearted or understanding type...so basically a philosophical or '3 IDIOTS' type idea won't suffice here,but I really appreciate your idea and understand what you are trying to say but its not that simple for me....
    Thanks!

• abir's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte G41M-ES2L | Intel 965 HP
      • CPU:
      • Intel Pentium Dual Core E5400 2.7GHz 800MSB| Intel T5670 Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz 800MHz FSB
      • RAM:
      • (2+2) 4GB DDR II (800MHz) | 1GB RAM
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB SATA Samsung | 160GB SATA
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon 4770 512MB | Intel GMA X3100
      • Display:
      • DELL Inspiron 18.5" LCD |14.1" TFT LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek Builtin Audio
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 2.1
      • Keyboard:
      • Genius Slimstar 355 Gaming Keyboard | A4Tech Anti RSI (USB PS2)
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech 7K Office (USB)| HP
      • Power Supply:
      • Deluxe DLP 388A 450W
      • Optical Drive:
      • ASUS 16X DVD Drive & Liteon DVDW| Asus DVD RAMRW LightScribe
      • USB Devices:
      • 4GB Apacer Pendrive
      • UPS:
      • OVO 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 | Windows XP SP2 & Ubuntu 9.04
      • ISP:
      • Smile Internet (Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by blimp View Post
    Umm,if it was school,it would be fine with me,I could probably talk with the principal and arrange a re-exam but in the university,I must as always give a damn because one bad mark means either I'll have to live with a poor CGPA(hence zero chance of a proper job and respect) or I will have to spend a bag-load of money and valuable time to retake that course and get a improvement remark in my final certificate,so in either way I am basically screwed. I also am responsible for all my grades and answer to my parents directly and the aren't the most kind hearted or understanding type...so basically a philosophical or '3 IDIOTS' type idea won't suffice here,but I really appreciate your idea and understand what you are trying to say but its not that simple for me....
    Thanks!
    If you are a student of CSE, don't worry about CGPA, for a good job they will look for the qualification in you not your CGPA.
    Infact software farms don't wanna take higher cgpa students coz they don't stay long..

"Game after game after game, I realized what is most important of my life - FOOTBALL.."
    I bleed red, Man Utd 4ever..
    ---------------------
    অনেক দূরের একলা পথে, ক্লান্ত আমি ফিরি তোমার কাছে, মুখোশ খুলে বসে রই জানলার ধারে..

Quote Originally Posted by abir View Post
    If you are a student of CSE, don't worry about CGPA, for a good job they will look for the qualification in you not your CGPA.
    Infact software farms don't wanna take higher cgpa students coz they don't stay long..
    Hey! Thanks man, that was nice of you. BTW I am in EEE, CSE would be nice but well I like circuits better...
    Thanks again!

• Hamilton's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4770 3.9Ghz
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR3 1600hz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 256GB Adata SSD + 2TB WD Blue + 1TB Samsung
      • Graphics Card:
      • Nvidia GTX 1070 FE 8GB
      • Display:
      • Asus VS228N 21.5" Full HD.
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go PRO!
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Genius GS 500V/ Steeseries Siberia V2/ Logitech Ultimate Ears 200.
      • Keyboard:
      • Roccat Arvo
      • Mouse:
      • Steelseries Sensei/ Roccat Taito mTw
      • Controller:
      • 2 Gamepads with no Analog Stick/XBOX 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master GX 650W.
      • Optical Drive:
      • 500GB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7/ Linux
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 3DMARK Score, X2151.
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Smile, BD.COM
      • Download Speed:
      • 75KBPS(Variable)
      • Upload Speed:
      • 100+KBPS(Variable)

Quote Originally Posted by blimp View Post
    Hi!
    How do you cope with it when you fail on the exam yet it wasn't your fault?
    I just had an exam today,I was supposed to build an amplifier using a BJT and show a proper output.
    The problem was I knew the circuit,I even made it with my own hands for other members(can't blame them not everyone is
    good at everything)of the group and yet my own circuit despite being properly set and correct didn't work and I was marked 26 out of 60!!!

I made the circuit work on other members' boards but when it came to my board my circuit didn't work as expected.
    I suspected that there was some kind of internal short in my board which was causing the resistors to be shorted out.
    I informed the teacher but he thought that either I didn't know the proper circuit or I didn't know the proper method to set it
    and when he asked me to check the output,as usual it wasn't as expected. The other members protested that my circuit wasn't
    behaving properly but the teacher again thought they might be trying to help me out of my irresponsibility and warned them
    that they will get mark deduction.

It seems that the teacher was a bit rude,but I can't blame him,it was the equipment fault in my opinion,I can't forgive myself
    for this and this is the worst mark I received in this semester and hence my GPA will go down. I can't just get this thought
    out of my head and the consequence is haunting me ever since I walked out of the exam. I am feeling so angry with myself,
    and yet I believe this anger might interfere with my other exams. The thought of getting 26 out of 60(and only 40 marks remaining for
    this unit) is really frightening,and I also believe that I earned a bad reputation as well,from now on the teacher will be thinking I am a real
    loser case. He used to like me a lot though,I am fast with the circuits when it comes to lab classes yet t'day I failed both myself and his
    belief. Damn I don't know what to do,I feel like giving up my studies and runaway somewhere and rot till my death.

Anyone got any suggestions or advice for me?

Thanks
    Your educational institution?

Not gonna tell it! ,besides I got over it. Bad days will come now and then, I was informed that this mark will be reduced to 7.5(mine will be 2.5!!),the rest will be coming from the written test so no worries!!