User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: How's DOT Internet now ? Is there any better ISP in Dhanmondi with similar prices ?

  1. #1

    Default How's DOT Internet now ? Is there any better ISP in Dhanmondi with similar prices ?

    Hey BG people, please help me out. I've been wanting to move to a new ISP and I live in Dhanmondi, and DOT seems to be the most popular here and among the better ISPs here. But in the DOT Internet thread there has been a lot of criticism of them, and now I want to know if they've changed.

    If there is someone from Dhanmondi (specially around Dhanmondi 4/5/6/7 or nearby) who uses DOT here please tell me about how's their service. Here's some questions I'd really appreciate if you answered for me :

    1. How's the stability of their connection ? (VERY Important)
    2. How's the stability of their speed ? (Important)
    3. (around) What speeds do you usually get in downloads ? (in KBps, or MBps. Also please mention what bandwidth you're paying for)
    4. How their speed over WiFi (to people who just use WiFI and not LAN, albeit almost all use WiFi nowadays)
    5. How's their FTP server ? (in terms of content) (not that important)
    6. How's the customer support ?

    Other users are also welcomed tell about their experience



    Also if anyone knows of any other ISP which might be better then please let me know, but it has to be around similar pricing (so no mention of Link3). I don't care about ping as I'm not going to game on the network.

    Also According to @Ehsas , Mazeda is unstable so I don't want to get that either. Please make sure about stability as that is super important for me.



    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Member
    • Ehsas's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97-G45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
      • RAM:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 3TB/Samsung Evo Pro (1TB SSD)
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA Superclocked ACX GTX 980 dual SLI
      • Display:
      • LG 34UM95
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Razer Kraken Pro (green)
      • Keyboard:
      • Rosewill STRIKER RK-6000
      • Mouse:
      • perrix mx(old one) not sure the model
      • Controller:
      • xbox 360's controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Snow Silent Seasonic 750w
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda BD
      • Download Speed:
      • 38096
      • Upload Speed:
      • 9096
    Ehsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    I'd like to know aswell, someone please let us know! and btw OP, Mazeda has very good prices, and their FTP server is huge, and also great customer support(they arrive in an hour when i call them) but i really don't recommend it if you're playing MMO's like dota2, league of legends etc as almost everyday the connection randomly goes out for 5-10 minutes. sometimes even longer

  3. #3

    Default

    i live in dhanmondi so speed may be different in other areas. I pay 1000 bdt n get 320KB to 400KB at day time and at night after 2 am I get 2000KB to 3000KB download speed. They are quick to fix any problem that occurs in this area ..could be bcz many users pay 2K to 4k around here perhaps? using wifi device I get 270 on mac and night 2K -2.5K ( probably bcz mac dont have idm ) n on pc 320KB and if you use direct cable you will probably get stable speed at 320KB to 350KB.Not good for online gaming as ping rate is high. Sometime city corp cut all the lines here n dot net is the first to get it fixed n after 3days link3 line was fixed .I dont really call their office at all but if you buy anything other then tp link router they would have a hard time setting it up for you. I use dlink n they remotely adjusted my router settings from there which was cool...they know wht they are doing. The guy who is in charge when you complain can be very rude but honestly i never had anything like dot internet before ..experience 9/10. FTP not that big but who cares you can probably download 20GB every night via torrent or direct download. which means if its 24/7 download machine you can fill up your tb hd pretty quick . Good luck

    Do let me know if you live in dhanmondi ..i have the guys number who will get you line next day n very helpful if you call at office it might take 3 days .

  4. #4
    Member
    • Franklin's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte z97P D3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 - 4590 processor
      • RAM:
      • GSkill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB 1600mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba 2TB 5400 rpm And Transcend 370 128GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI TF V GTX 960 Gaming 2 GB
      • Display:
      • LG Flatron M227WA LCD TV Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • NIA Wireless Headset
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech Bloody V3M
      • Controller:
      • PS3 Wireless Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master v750W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DVD RW 24x
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend Jetflash v70 8 GB
      • UPS:
      • Apollo 800VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit (Ingeniune)
      • Comment:
      • Finally A Rig Off Of My Own Money. :)
      • ISP:
      • DOT
      • Download Speed:
      • 512 kBps with a B
      • Upload Speed:
      • 512 kBps with a B
      • Console:
      • 16
    Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    1,958

    Default

    Same as it used to be. Nothing changed. Talking with the guy at customer service is pretty much similar to talking with a wall.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsas View Post
    I'd like to know aswell, someone please let us know! and btw OP, Mazeda has very good prices, and their FTP server is huge, and also great customer support(they arrive in an hour when i call them) but i really don't recommend it if you're playing MMO's like dota2, league of legends etc as almost everyday the connection randomly goes out for 5-10 minutes. sometimes even longer

    I don't game online, but stability is still very important to me. Also how's their speed normally (Mazeda) ?


    Also about the stability issue, don't users complain a lot to them, given that you say their customer support is good then how come they haven't got their services stable by now. Also how randomly do they get disconnected, like in a day how many times ?


    Also I wish to hear from other Mazeda users as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lotorpotor View Post
    i live in dhanmondi so speed may be different in other areas. I pay 1000 bdt n get 320KB to 400KB at day time and at night after 2 am I get 2000KB to 3000KB download speed. They are quick to fix any problem that occurs in this area ..could be bcz many users pay 2K to 4k around here perhaps? using wifi device I get 270 on mac and night 2K -2.5K ( probably bcz mac dont have idm ) n on pc 320KB and if you use direct cable you will probably get stable speed at 320KB to 350KB.Not good for online gaming as ping rate is high. Sometime city corp cut all the lines here n dot net is the first to get it fixed n after 3days link3 line was fixed .I dont really call their office at all but if you buy anything other then tp link router they would have a hard time setting it up for you. I use dlink n they remotely adjusted my router settings from there which was cool...they know wht they are doing. The guy who is in charge when you complain can be very rude but honestly i never had anything like dot internet before ..experience 9/10. FTP not that big but who cares you can probably download 20GB every night via torrent or direct download. which means if its 24/7 download machine you can fill up your tb hd pretty quick . Good luck

    Do let me know if you live in dhanmondi ..i have the guys number who will get you line next day n very helpful if you call at office it might take 3 days .

    Thanks for the info. And as I've mentioned I do live in Dhanmondi. I'll PM you when I eventually get to getting the line, but for now I'll be taking some more suggestions. Thanks again btw.

  6. #6

    Default

    i dont get dc ever unless they are updating or fixing a line somewhere or booting their server..been using it for a year . In a year except the wire cut by city corp ..i dont get dc at all...sometimes my crappy dlink router snaps so i just replug it .last 6 months on avg 20-30 mins line cut on avg permonth ..to be precise you wont have more any downtime in a month or two at all but third month they will go down for and hour or two ..if you call..they will say they are fixing line .im quite pleased with their service as last few months like 7-8 they are quite stable . Hope this helps.

  7. #7
    Member
    • Ehsas's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97-G45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
      • RAM:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 3TB/Samsung Evo Pro (1TB SSD)
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA Superclocked ACX GTX 980 dual SLI
      • Display:
      • LG 34UM95
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Razer Kraken Pro (green)
      • Keyboard:
      • Rosewill STRIKER RK-6000
      • Mouse:
      • perrix mx(old one) not sure the model
      • Controller:
      • xbox 360's controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Snow Silent Seasonic 750w
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda BD
      • Download Speed:
      • 38096
      • Upload Speed:
      • 9096
    Ehsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by z.a.s View Post
    I don't game online, but stability is still very important to me. Also how's their speed normally (Mazeda) ?


    Also about the stability issue, don't users complain a lot to them, given that you say their customer support is good then how come they haven't got their services stable by now. Also how randomly do they get disconnected, like in a day how many times ?
    The speed depends on the package you're taking. their 1500tk package, they say is 3mbps, and i get around 300-400kbps on it sometimes more, sometimes less. (it does NOT double at night)

    the 4000tk package is used as wifi in the other floor and the speed there is around 1200kbps if no one's using the wifi.

    and by good service i meant, they're very polite and they quickly send someone to come fix your cables/router their connection etc when you call them. The problem lies with their connection boxes or something since it isn't stable at all. speed fluctuates sometimes and the connection outright goes away for 5-15mins then comes back and works perfectly for hours... it's just very random. and i can't say how many times a day since it's different each day.

  8. #8
    Member
    • sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • samsung 18.5inch (1360X768)
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab 2:1 / monk plus , KZ ate HiFi
      • Keyboard:
      • a4tech normal keyboard KR-83
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Who use this nowadays Anyway?
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps
    sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    3,510

    Default

    for download purpose dot is bad the speed is unstable and they dont provide the full speed what they promises in package but for gaming its still good as it was, though i get random 4-7% packet loss in sea server in dota 2 but still better than random dc problems and stucking in low priorities for lifetime :v

  9. #9

    Default

    hmm here is a screen shot Click image for larger version. 

Name:	igetter.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	37363 ..n i will post more at night

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.55 am.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	37364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.23am.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	270.3 KB 
ID:	37365

    at 2.55 am and 3.23 am..gradually it will increase up to 2 mb

    heres the last two Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.09 am.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	283.3 KB 
ID:	37366

    if the seed is good then torrent will give you 2 mb to 3mb speed at night esp at dawn.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speed at dawn.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	430.7 KB 
ID:	37370

    may be i am lucky
    Last edited by lotorpotor; October 7th, 2015 at 06:03. Reason: last one

  10. #10
    Member
    • Franklin's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte z97P D3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 - 4590 processor
      • RAM:
      • GSkill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB 1600mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba 2TB 5400 rpm And Transcend 370 128GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI TF V GTX 960 Gaming 2 GB
      • Display:
      • LG Flatron M227WA LCD TV Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • NIA Wireless Headset
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech Bloody V3M
      • Controller:
      • PS3 Wireless Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master v750W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DVD RW 24x
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend Jetflash v70 8 GB
      • UPS:
      • Apollo 800VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit (Ingeniune)
      • Comment:
      • Finally A Rig Off Of My Own Money. :)
      • ISP:
      • DOT
      • Download Speed:
      • 512 kBps with a B
      • Upload Speed:
      • 512 kBps with a B
      • Console:
      • 16
    Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    1,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    for download purpose dot is bad the speed is unstable and they dont provide the full speed what they promises in package but for gaming its still good as it was, though i get random 4-7% packet loss in sea server in dota 2 but still better than random dc problems and stucking in low priorities for lifetime :v
    Amar thik ulta ta. Download speed valo pai. But online kono khelte je stability dorkar, oita DOT er theke uj porjonto pai nai. Don't think I will ever get it.

  11. #11
    Member
    • sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • samsung 18.5inch (1360X768)
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab 2:1 / monk plus , KZ ate HiFi
      • Keyboard:
      • a4tech normal keyboard KR-83
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Who use this nowadays Anyway?
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps
    sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    3,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Amar thik ulta ta. Download speed valo pai. But online kono khelte je stability dorkar, oita DOT er theke uj porjonto pai nai. Don't think I will ever get it.
    tumi to LOL khelo NA server e somossa now sob isp tei so far jader ask korlam specially dot people arki cs and dota abar thik ase

  12. #12
    Member
    • Trave160's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B350M Mortar AM4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 3TB Western Digital red
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Strix GTX 960 4G
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H 22 Inch monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • None
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • TtEsports Knucker
      • Controller:
      • PS4 Dualshock 4 controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 24X DVD-RW Drive(Defunct)
      • USB Devices:
      • Pendrive 4GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Toaster rig arisen to Ultra toaster with chisel abs.
      • ISP:
      • NunuCom Ltd, Penus group
      • Download Speed:
      • Super San 200kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 105*2
      • Console:
      • 130
    Trave160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Secure Area
    Posts
    7,742

    Default

    Their latency sucks, I know cause my friend who uses them has high latency everywhere.

  13. #13
    Member
    • Franklin's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte z97P D3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 - 4590 processor
      • RAM:
      • GSkill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB 1600mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba 2TB 5400 rpm And Transcend 370 128GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI TF V GTX 960 Gaming 2 GB
      • Display:
      • LG Flatron M227WA LCD TV Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • NIA Wireless Headset
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech Bloody V3M
      • Controller:
      • PS3 Wireless Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master v750W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DVD RW 24x
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend Jetflash v70 8 GB
      • UPS:
      • Apollo 800VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit (Ingeniune)
      • Comment:
      • Finally A Rig Off Of My Own Money. :)
      • ISP:
      • DOT
      • Download Speed:
      • 512 kBps with a B
      • Upload Speed:
      • 512 kBps with a B
      • Console:
      • 16
    Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    1,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    tumi to LOL khelo NA server e somossa now sob isp tei so far jader ask korlam specially dot people arki cs and dota abar thik ase
    EUW te kheli. DC, packet loss, lag shob e ase. Ak matro 2 am er por line ta online e khelar moto stable hoi.

  14. #14
    Member
    • furiousTaher's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus z170p || Asus p8 P67m pro
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700k || i5 2400
      • RAM:
      • 2 x Ripjaws 8gb 3200C16D 16GVKB || (Transcend 4gb + Adata 4gb) 1333
      • Hard Drive:
      • Evo 850 250gb + Toshiba 2tb || WD 500gb blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac gtx 1060 amp || Sapphire r7 260x 1GB
      • Display:
      • Asus vx229h ||Samsung 21.5" S22A300B
      • Sound Card:
      • Xonar dgx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab 223 || AltecLansing VS2621 + a4tech hs100
      • Mouse:
      • a4tech x7
      • Power Supply:
      • Adata HM 850w || Thermaltek 600 TR2 S
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus dvd writer 24x max
      • USB Devices:
      • Phantom 240 red/black || Vatyn 664b (Tyrannosaurus)
      • UPS:
      • Power guard 1200va
      • Comment:
      • :D
    furiousTaher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    8,151

    Default

    i wrote a review about dot giving him good marks but the thing is i live in uttara, and uttara dot is totally different from dot in the rest of the dhaka.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lotorpotor View Post
    hmm here is a screen shot Click image for larger version. 

Name:	igetter.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	37363 ..n i will post more at night

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.55 am.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	37364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.23am.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	270.3 KB 
ID:	37365

    at 2.55 am and 3.23 am..gradually it will increase up to 2 mb

    heres the last two Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.09 am.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	283.3 KB 
ID:	37366

    if the seed is good then torrent will give you 2 mb to 3mb speed at night esp at dawn.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speed at dawn.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	430.7 KB 
ID:	37370

    may be i am lucky

    Thank You very much, I hope I am that lucky when I eventually get the connection. The reason I wasn't online lately was due to my ISP issue, now it seems it's been fixed, but I am still interested due to DOT's pricing. So I'll stick to my connection for now, but that might change in future.

  16. #16

    Default

    Finally got the connection from DOT. My previous connection got too unstable, and after 2 weeks of suffering with a backup network router (with Robi), finally back to a fast connection. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I got the 3 Mbps line, seems to be quite fast, but I expected their FTP to be faster. Also can someone help me out with this BDIX thing? Never used it before, previous ISP had it connected but I knew nothing about it.

    So far I'm satisfied, I just hope the connection stays stable.

  17. #17

    Default

    with that 3 mb line you can probably download 40 GB /night .If you dont use router n use it direct you would get more speed from out of their ftp. check their fb page n groups for updates n complain . But as i said before..its rarely down stable..not for gaming but after 2 am you can play online games ..im satisfied .

  18. #18

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: September 21st, 2013, 23:19
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: April 10th, 2013, 02:14
  3. Replies: 67
    Last Post: December 18th, 2009, 11:19

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.29729 seconds with 15 queries.