• Smile 256
      • Download Speed:
      • 20-25
      • Upload Speed:
      • 10-15
      • Console:

Cool Backpack| Experience The Best In Overseas Shopping

Backpack connects travelers and shoppers in a modern and secured way

#Backpack is founded with a vision to provide every citizen of the world with a choice; the choice of buying organic, authentic, and cost effective products with minimum friction. Whether the product is state-of-the-art consumer electronics, exotic pashmina from the south-east, or even medication that are rare in some parts of the world and not so rare in others - we promise ourselves to get those products to your doorsteps. We would like to reject the counterfeits, we would like to reject the almost-originals, most importantly, we would like to not pay the heavy expense incurred, most of which we deem to be superfluous. Help us make a better, more original globalized world.

Backpack connects users with travelers who can bring desired products back at discounted prices.

#Backpack provides handy extra income for travelers who "rent out" their luggage space and can be less costly and more convenient for shoppers who want to get foreign products.

Use my Referral link to get free promotional BDT 500 and shop from Backpack with the credit .You can also froward your own referral link and get extra BDT 500 in your backpack credit .Amazon and eBay will be your best bet for anything.You can read About Backpack and enjoy their cool service .

Facebook page : BackpackFB

Last edited by Diego Maradona; September 11th, 2015 at 13:20.

One word - don't even go there. My friend had a very bad experience. At the end of the day, cost is not much less than the other import groups. And once u enter a deal by making full payment (yes, full in advance) - u cannot back out even when things turn sour, or new terms and variables come up.

Thought this was a really great service in BD, but after what @REVx said, and really comparing the prices, my thoughts have changed. Anyone else with an opinion ?

• 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5KPL-AM
      • CPU:
      • Dual Core E5400
      • RAM:
      • Transcend + Kingston = 4 GB DDR2
      • Hard Drive:
      • 250 GB Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 + Samsung F3 500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Built-In
      • Display:
      • AOC F22 22"
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Live 4.1/Logitech G35
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech
      • Mouse:
      • Delux
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Lite Power 400 Watts
      • Optical Drive:
      • BUSTED !
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 16GB
      • UPS:
      • DigitalX 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • Gave up on PC......at least for now
      • ISP:
      • IS PROS
      • Download Speed:
      • Average: 24 Kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • Average: 24 Kbps
      • Console:

Its an actual start up company here in BD. And some really skilled people are working their. The idea is also very nice. But its not their yet IMO. It has potential that is why they got much money in funding. Founded by 2 uni friends from BD.
    01000010011000010111101001101001011011100110011101100001001000010010000100100001 001000000011101001010000

• Ehsas's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97-G45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
      • RAM:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 3TB/Samsung Evo Pro (1TB SSD)
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA Superclocked ACX GTX 980 dual SLI
      • Display:
      • LG 34UM95
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Razer Kraken Pro (green)
      • Keyboard:
      • Rosewill STRIKER RK-6000
      • Mouse:
      • perrix mx(old one) not sure the model
      • Controller:
      • xbox 360's controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Snow Silent Seasonic 750w
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda BD
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

^^Not a lasting business plan at all though, since it depends on BD's government not allowing Amazon to operate here and also forcing banks to make intl credit not easily available to everyone. So basically if we have competent leaders then businesses like these go away.

Furthermore, the business structure is very similar to what importers do, here instead of the importer getting it himself, another potential customer will do it for him in a way both parties benefit and also the company for bringing them together. Here is an interesting thought from their official website's terms of service : http://prntscr.com/8f29o6 (marked with red) so they will not be held accountable if things go wrong. So basically they're just a middleman bringing people to a platform not anything else, if you get a bad product or get mistreated by someone you're getting a product from, it's not of any liability to them.

In terms of security, they listed an user conduct guide and at the end posted this : http://prntscr.com/8f2bdx where it states that even without prior proof of you doing something wrong, if they suspect it they can infringe on your privacy.

Also another disclaimer directly from them > http://prntscr.com/8f2cbi there are no background checks or anything for someone that's posting something and there won't be any liability if the product you get is broken or have no warranty, potentially anyone could possibly go and meet you through this and neither you nor them would know what his actual plan is, so a very strong safety concern there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsas View Post
    BD's government not allowing Amazon to operate here and also forcing banks to make intl credit not easily available to everyone.

Can anyone tell me why BD government is not allowing Amazon to operate here ? And why not allow people to use intl. Credit cards, how do they then expect people to get paid, or pay people outside the country. Shouldn't this also affect the economy, as some might not be able to get paid internationally ?

I have very less knowledge on these stuff, could someone explain to me please ?

• Ehsas's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97-G45
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • LG 34UM95
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • xbox 360's controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda BD
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by z.a.s View Post
    Can anyone tell me why BD government is not allowing Amazon to operate here ? And why not allow people to use intl. Credit cards, how do they then expect people to get paid, or pay people outside the country. Shouldn't this also affect the economy, as some might not be able to get paid internationally ?

I have very less knowledge on these stuff, could someone explain to me please ?
    Well you can get an international card, it's just that the requirements to get one are MUCH higher than in any other country. As for amazon, they don't want an outflow of our currency going into foreign hands. since well as i said if Amazon was fully operating here, MANY businesses based off on importing and selling here would have to get extremely competitive or just close down. and no for most recognizable jobs, and the people working in one they can get paid internationally. it's just the normal average income person won't be able to get a intl card easily. the amazon thing has a real live example nearby too in India, when Amazon started operations in June 2013, from then on India has seen a sharp decline in sales for their local retailers. im guessing our government does not want the same thing here as well.

Well you can get an international card, it's just that the requirements to get one are MUCH higher than in any other country. As for amazon, they don't want an outflow of our currency going into foreign hands. since well as i said if Amazon was fully operating here, MANY businesses based off on importing and selling here would have to get extremely competitive or just close down. and no for most recognizable jobs, and the people working in one they can get paid internationally. it's just the normal average income person won't be able to get a intl card easily. the amazon thing has a real live example nearby too in India, when Amazon started operations in June 2013, from then on India has seen a sharp decline in sales for their local retailers. im guessing our government does not want the same thing here as well.

Okay I get it now. But it's still a shame that over 160 million people are not being able to experience so many well reputed intl. services.

• Ehsas's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97-G45
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • LG 34UM95
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • xbox 360's controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda BD
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by z.a.s View Post
    Okay I get it now. But it's still a shame that over 160 million people are not being able to experience so many well reputed intl. services.
    See the problem is, out of 156million people, only about a million or even less would be buying from them so it's not worth it for Amazon to invest that much here. However it will happen since our economy is growing at around 6% each year, as average income rises it'll slowly be worthwhile for them to be investing here. but not anytime soon sadly :/

since our economy is growing at around 6% each year,
    Does it now? :-)

- - - Updated - - -

^^Not a lasting business plan at all though, since it depends on BD's government not allowing Amazon to operate here and also forcing banks to make intl credit not easily available to everyone. So basically if we have competent leaders then businesses like these go away.

Furthermore, the business structure is very similar to what importers do, here instead of the importer getting it himself, another potential customer will do it for him in a way both parties benefit and also the company for bringing them together. Here is an interesting thought from their official website's terms of service : http://prntscr.com/8f29o6 (marked with red) so they will not be held accountable if things go wrong. So basically they're just a middleman bringing people to a platform not anything else, if you get a bad product or get mistreated by someone you're getting a product from, it's not of any liability to them.

In terms of security, they listed an user conduct guide and at the end posted this : http://prntscr.com/8f2bdx where it states that even without prior proof of you doing something wrong, if they suspect it they can infringe on your privacy.

Also another disclaimer directly from them > http://prntscr.com/8f2cbi there are no background checks or anything for someone that's posting something and there won't be any liability if the product you get is broken or have no warranty, potentially anyone could possibly go and meet you through this and neither you nor them would know what his actual plan is, so a very strong safety concern there as well.
    Some in-depth work there. U can feel their general direction right from the FAQ, its kinda vague avoiding the 2-the-point queries. There ordering system also has some design flaws or may not be flaws but deliberate.

And we wonder why we choose ppl like Fuad.

Made 2 deals with them. I am satisfied with their service. I heard that 1/2 months ago, one traveler cancelled his flight due to personal problem, so they sent the products in traditional way and some of the products were stolen by our customs. They contacted with all the customers and explained the situation to give them some time. I am sorry to hear @REVx 's friends experience. May be his product was on that particular lot.

Quote Originally Posted by rummoi View Post
    Made 2 deals with them. I am satisfied with their service. I heard that 1/2 months ago, one traveler cancelled his flight due to personal problem, so they sent the products in traditional way and some of the products were stolen by our customs. They contacted with all the customers and explained the situation to give them some time. I am sorry to hear @REVx 's friends experience. May be his product was on that particular lot.
    Can you please answer these questions :

1. How long did it take ?
    2. How did you receive the products ?
    3. Would you recommend them over other services like Shopr ?
    4. Was the condition of the product and it's packaging good ?

I was thinking of trying them out, but there's just so many options here that I don't know which one's the most reliable and cost effective.

• Sybaris Caesar's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DH61WW B3 Rev.
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 3.10 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 RPM
      • Graphics Card:
      • Leadtek Winfast GTX 560 ti 1GB GDDR5 822/1644/4008
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • Original Xbox 360 Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH222 22x DVD Writer
      • UPS:
      • Orlando 800va(packet e lekha apollo)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Upload Speed:
      • ∞

Quote Originally Posted by REVx View Post
    Yeah? I thought big economy's like Canada's should be increasing in a very slow rate or something

- - - Updated - - -

The one and only problem is trust issues. The only one to "win all or lose all" is the person lazily sitting on his ¤¤¤ here in BD. And a quick question. Who'll buy the product in the first place? The 'rucksack' or the 'transporter'?
    My probable next build: Qisan MagicForce 68 (Outemu switch) / Teamwolf Zhuque+ 87 TKL (Outemu) / Monoprice Select series full size (Outemu/Gateron) / Drevo Gramr 84 TKL (Outemu) • Logitech G102 Prodigy • Deepcool Dukase V3 / Thermaltake Versa U21 • Superlux HD 681 • Creative Sound Blaster E1 • LG 22MP68VQ • SteelSeries QcK • Generic executive chair • others TBA

djrock please don't bother me. You are in my ignore list so I don't have to see literal poop.

• Ehsas's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97-G45
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • LG 34UM95
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • xbox 360's controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda BD
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

- - - Updated - - -

Some in-depth work there. U can feel their general direction right from the FAQ, its kinda vague avoiding the 2-the-point queries. There ordering system also has some design flaws or may not be flaws but deliberate.

And we wonder why we choose ppl like Fuad.
    yes, yes it does, the results for 2015 aren't out yet, but at 2014 bangladesh experienced a GDP growth of 6.1% (Source : World Bank) this is actually very high, for example India and China are both growing at 7% and meanwhile countries in the EU (other than germany) have less than 1%, Canada almost having negative growth and the USA at 2%. Could be a LOT better if corruption issues were solved and we had better management but oh well still not bad at all.

and yeah i just did what most people ignore that is read the terms of service lol, and it is very vague they are not taking liability for preety much anything. If something bad happens, it's not your fault and you won't be able to do anything to them and they keep repeating it all the time there and also very high security&privacy issues as stated in previous post.

- - - Updated - - -

See that is the problem with paying first for anything, the money had been paid but the product not received and the company did not have to give full refund. Exactly how is that not robbery? just because they were nice?

No, my friend's things were not on the stolen order.

1) He ordered using their browsing page and the items showed quite a low quote in BD taka, from amazon.
    2) My friend - elated - selected 3 items and went for payment.
    3) Now, their system specifically showed the amount to be be paid. Mind it. Their system showed the amount, as 'pls deposit tk.****.
    4) Their FAQ page said this amount is an estimate. Fine. He cud see the basket total = the figure as quoted by the payment page. Happy, happy.
    5) He sends the money as the FAQ mentions all payments in advance.
    6) While they are verifying payment - a timer runs - my friend finds next day that the amount in the basket has gone up by a 1000! Yes, a 1000.
    7) He queries and the admin answers after some good 15 hrs that the xtra is the shipping charged by seller to traveller.
    8) Furious, my friend asks why was this not done the day he browsed the items. If it had been so, he'd have compared and not ordered at all. Moreover, the final quote is only 300-400 lower than conventional groups.
    9) To which admin replied yet another 10 hrs later that the shipping is added manually afterwards.
    10) My friend also noted that their vaunted 78.5 rate is a bit dubious as items converted are showing 100tk over their converted amount. He found, they or their system, does not take reduced listed price. If the item were 11$ but now 8$, the quote wud b for 11.
    11) By now furious - he claims deal off and a refund.
    12) The admin some 10 hrs later gave him some policy statements -- 'We completely understand... Pls know that your yadda yadda is valuable for us ... But no talk of a refund.
    13) How it ends - still remains to be seen.
    14) My friend is furious enough to forget his money and never go with them.
    15) As this is an estimate prices may go up further - there is tht possibility.

I personally have experience with Fuad and some other groups, they refund money, take the LISTED price hi or lo and adjust later. So, yeah, i am not sold. Many rich ppl had great experiences. My another techie friend ordered for 2500tk and b4 payment a notification popped up quoting 4850/-. He cancelled entire order b4 payment. Lucky.

Experiences will be on both sides - so form your own.

I am not going to them.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, yes it does, the results for 2015 aren't out yet, but at 2014 bangladesh experienced a GDP growth of 6.1% (Source : World Bank) this is actually very high, for example India and China are both growing at 7% and meanwhile countries in the EU (other than germany) have less than 1%, Canada almost having negative growth and the USA at 2%. Could be a LOT better if corruption issues were solved and we had better management but oh well still not bad at all.
    U really believe that? Think. Dekhawey pe maat jao, apni akal lagao.
    Last edited by REVx; September 12th, 2015 at 01:06.

• Motherboard:
      • Intel DH61WW B3 Rev.
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M
      • Optical Drive:
      • UPS:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Upload Speed:
      • ∞

Your friend was experiencing what doctors call a PMS I think
    My probable next build: Qisan MagicForce 68 (Outemu switch) / Teamwolf Zhuque+ 87 TKL (Outemu) / Monoprice Select series full size (Outemu/Gateron) / Drevo Gramr 84 TKL (Outemu) • Logitech G102 Prodigy • Deepcool Dukase V3 / Thermaltake Versa U21 • Superlux HD 681 • Creative Sound Blaster E1 • LG 22MP68VQ • SteelSeries QcK • Generic executive chair • others TBA

djrock please don't bother me. You are in my ignore list so I don't have to see literal poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybaris Caesar View Post
    Yeah? I thought big economy's like Canada's should be increasing in a very slow rate or something
    Canada now having recession. Bangladesh er ta ki apni boley den jaura bai.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sybaris Caesar View Post
    Your friend was experiencing what doctors call a PMS I think
    I'll let him know - u can share Midols.

• Ehsas's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97-G45
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • LG 34UM95
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • xbox 360's controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda BD
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

No, my friend's things were not on the stolen order.

U really believe that? Think. Dekhawey pe maat jao, apni akal lagao.
    There's nothing to not believe, it's a fact taken from the World bank and CIA factbook a country can't make up an inflated gdp. the overall value of all this country's goods and services did increase by 6.1% in 2014. now it's true that most people aren't seeing that wealth trickle down but that dosen't mean it isn't happening. and maybe it dosen't look like that to you but it sure does to me since i don't live here much, i remember when like 7-8 years ago how dhaka was and there definitely is some noticeable infrastructure changes.

• Motherboard:
      • Intel DH61WW B3 Rev.
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M
      • Optical Drive:
      • UPS:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Upload Speed:
      • ∞

- - - Updated - - -

I'll let him know - u can share Midols.
    Hey blame it on the doctors. I don't know ¤¤¤¤! Anyway Bangladesh might face some serious decline in export if we don't diversify our export goods. Cause Myanmar's looking more and more as the next garment destination.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing to not believe, it's a fact taken from the World bank and CIA factbook a country can't make up an inflated gdp. the overall value of all this country's goods and services did increase by 6.1% in 2014. now it's true that most people aren't seeing that wealth trickle down but that dosen't mean it isn't happening. and maybe it dosen't look like that to you but it sure does to me since i don't live here much, i remember when like 7-8 years ago how dhaka was and there definitely is some noticeable infrastructure changes.
    Taking into account the inflation. . . . . . :/

• Ehsas's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97-G45
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • LG 34UM95
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • xbox 360's controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda BD
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

yup! and inflation's happening preety much everywhere other than the EU, and it isn't really a bad thing, we don't have hyperinflation or anything like that and mild inflation is needed for a booming economy. and yessss compared to 7-8 years ago electricity used to go out like 5 times a day during the summer, whereas now it almost does not go out at all. our profits from RMG has also significantly increased. i see a lot more high rise buildings, many more bridges/flyovers, a LOTTT more cars and traffic jam and relative to inflation, income has also risen and there's an actual HDI improvement as well. Bangladesh ranks higher than MANY indian states now in terms of HDI and human rights, and we're already far ahead over other south asian countries like sri lanka and pakistan who were in the same league as us 10 years ago. and don't worry myanmar isn't getting rich anytime soon it's a military dictatorship there lol but yeah we do need to diversify.

- - - Updated - - -

Canada's in recession because the price of Oil more than halved, that's all there's to it, and Canada's the 5th largest oil producer, contrary to what most people think that arabs have all the oil, Canada actually produces more petroleum than countries like Qatar, Kuwait, Iran, UAE(the one with dubai) etc etc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast