Windows 7 themes: art and photography from the community!

by Jennifer Shepherd

On a totally different subject, I thought I’d share with you an odd little themepack-related issue, and the workaround to it.
Have you ever noticed that sometimes you might save a themepack, but be unable to use it? Although you created it like usual, double-clicking on the themepack file does nothing. This may occur if the name you gave your theme has a space in the 9th character.Here’s an example:
B
I
R
D
S
O
F
P
R
E
Y

Because the space between the words “of” and “prey” falls in the 9th
position of the name, a themepack created using this name would not work. For this reason I had to name the
Birds of Prey
theme something else, so I chose “Predatory Birds.”
P
R
E
D
A
T
O
R
Y
B
I
R
D
S

Because the space falls in the 10th position instead of the 9th, the themepack works.
So, if after you installed the Birds of Prey theme you were wondering why it appears in your Personalization control panel as “Predatory Birds” instead, that is the reason. And if you ever created a themepack that doesn’t seem to work at all, that might be why. Just try saving it under a different name (one that doesn’t have a space as the 9th character) and it may fix the problem.
Happy theming!

................................................................................. ......................
Read Full News...