User Tag List

Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Japanese Firm Develops ‘Invisible Glass’ — Solves Screen Reflection Problems

  1. #1
    • salmanshah's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K - Cooled by Corsair V8 GTS
      • RAM:
      • G.SKILL Trident X Series 2400MHz 32GB (4 x 8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2TB + 3TB HDD)
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
      • Display:
      • Sony KDL-32W654
      • Sound Card:
      • Sound Blaster Z PCIe Gaming Sound Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD555
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake MEKA G-Unit
      • Mouse:
      • Steelseries Sensei
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair TX650w V2
      • UPS:
      • Power Saver 1200va
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO Retail key
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Winrar bench - 11085 KB/s @ OC CPU
      • Comment:
      • Casing: NZXT Phantom 001W
      • ISP:
      • Radiant Telecommunications
      • Download Speed:
      • 6 - 24 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 6 - 24 Mbps
    salmanshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Japanese Firm Develops ‘Invisible Glass’ — Solves Screen Reflection Problems

    A glass is transparent but our sense of sight tells us every time we come across one. It is because of some of the light passing through it being reflected back to into our eyes. But what if it doesn’t?

    A normal glass substrate (left) and the new substrate (right). Because light is hardly reflected on the new substrate, it can hardly be seen.

    A Japanese firm; Nippon Glass Co. limited has been successful in reducing the amount of reflection the light rays face when passing through a normal glass. The development renders the glass practically invisible. The product was exhibited at FPD international where the visitors were left surprised when their eyes couldn’t make out the presence of glass in front of them.
    Our eyes can see an object only when light from the object is reflected back into it. The lesser the reflected light rays, the blurr the image, and thinner the chances of our brain to comprehend it.
    Working on the same principle, Nippon’s scientist built a non-reflecting film on both sides of the glass. In case of the normal glass, the substrate allows 92% of light rays to pass through while reflecting back the rest 8%. The film thus produced reduces this amount to 99.5%, which means only 0.5% of the light is reflected back.

    A closeup shot of the normal glass substrate (left) and the new substrate (right).
    The company claims the substrate with anti-reflection film on it to have a luminous reflectance of 0.1% or lower. About thirty layers were used for both the anti-reflection films and thickness of each had to be controlled sophisticatedly and vigilantly by the increments in the order of nanometers.

    Read more:
    Last edited by salmanshah; November 2nd, 2011 at 18:17.

Similar Threads

  1. ( for smile/BDcom and links3 users)
    By virus_bd in forum File Sharing and Torrents
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: December 29th, 2014, 01:33
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 19th, 2011, 23:25
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 12th, 2011, 00:38
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 17th, 2011, 13:00
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 29th, 2008, 06:37

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Page generated in 0.15086 seconds with 14 queries.