Recently I satrted getting this error message while trying to connect to the internet via smile dialup - "Error 711: The operation could not finish because it could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service in time. Please try the operation again."

The system would become very slow and it took almost 3-4 mins for the desktop to reappear once refreshed. Everything would take a very long time to process and often this would return to normal after I restarted the pc. I followed some online forum suggestions like deleting some error log files from the sys32 folder but they only worked as a temp solution as the prob kept reoccurring.

I finally reinstalled my windows 7 last night and again started to face this problem . I deleted the smile wan miniport (pppoe) from the ''network and adapter settings'' and set up a new connection for the dialup and the prob was solved up until my next restart when it came back. I did the same process and its working fine now but i know its only a temp imrov.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?