The Theme Manager allows you using different terrainsets in DotA without using a different map. This works by replacing the textures/models in your MPQs - WC3's Data files - itself. It will not only change DotA's Terrain (where it has no glitches), but also other maps. In other maps, it will look quite bad, so this is more useful for DotA.
While it strongly changes the appearance of the map, it does not change anything of the gameplay - the changes are of PURE visual nature and the process is easily reversible.
The Theme Manager is completely compatible with every platform/hosting program (b.net/GGC/DC/LC/Hamachi/...).
# What does it contain?
-"Pandaren" UI for both parties (thanks to Unwirklich) Hell Theme:
-"Demon" UI for both parties (thanks to Unwirklich) Snow Theme (beta)
-"Frost" UI for both parties (made by myself, based on human UI)
-Will be improved later (bushes are still green)
# How to install the Theme Manager?
1. If you have beachpack installed, restore to original (if you can't, it won't be too bad afaik). You would have exchanged your War3Patch.mpq in this case and should have a backup (with lower filesize). 2. Unpack the file IN your warcraft folder - in most cases C:\Program Files\Warcraft III.
3. DO NOT move or rename any of the files you unpacked.
4. If you want it on your desktop, create a shortcut of the exe file.
5. Go! (after checking step 2 and 3 again)
1. Close your warcraft AND warcraft world editor. Else it does not work!
2. Start the program. If you start it the first time, it will create a backup of your MPQ
3. Select your favourite toolkit. If you select one, it will always be activated unless you change it!
4. Start WC3. Whether you start it out of the program or not is not important.
Other maps might have a (visually) screwed terrain - I suggest you to use "original" when playing something different than DotA
The Hell Theme is disgusting! The snow theme is I guess ok, but the current one owns it. I guess the only theme worth going for is the beach theme. But it's definitely not for me as I have got way too tired of it after by D:V Beta Test days!