User Tag List

Thread: Windows 10 will sniff out and block pirate games and unauthorised hardware

• Shawon191's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H-61
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570s 3.1 GHz
      • RAM:
      • Corsair XMS3 4 GB DDR3 1600
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 660
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229H
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M223
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt eSPORTS Knucker
      • Mouse:
      • SteelSeries Rival
      • Controller:
      • Logitech F310
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake TR2 500W
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • ISP:
      • Aamra Technologies
      • Download Speed:
      • 4 mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 3 mbps

Default Windows 10 will sniff out and block pirate games and unauthorised hardware

Microsoft has changed the terms of its EULA (End User License Agreement) for Windows 10 to allow it to sniff around and disable illegally obtained software and indeed hardware.
    That means if you have pirated games or applications on your PC, or you've hooked up what Microsoft describes as "unauthorised hardware peripheral devices", the firm can block you from using those on your Windows 10 computer.
    As spotted by PC Authority, the new clause 7b for Europe, under ‘Updates to the Services or Software, and Changes to These Terms’, reads: “Sometimes you’ll need software updates to keep using the Services. We may automatically check your version of the software and download software updates or configuration changes, including those that prevent you from accessing the Services, playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices. You may also be required to update the software to continue using the Services.”
    Okay, so this is an antipiracy measure which many folks won’t like of course – particularly for the snooping aspect if nothing else – but you’ve nothing to fear if you’re on the straight and narrow anyway, right? Well not quite, as the wording around the hardware side is worryingly vague.
    What exactly is an “unauthorised” piece of hardware – how does Microsoft decide what is on the blacklist? And if it’s an expensive peripheral that Redmond decides is dodgy, that will certainly make for a disgruntled Windows 10 user, and doubtless we’ll see complaints start to pop up on the net.
    That’s if Microsoft actually exercises the power, of course. Just because it’s in the EULA doesn’t necessarily mean it will be enforced (yet).
    In general, though, this move is a worrying drift towards further surveillance of Windows users.
    Source : http://www.t3.com/news/windows-10-wi...rised-hardware

• GHoST444's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • I hate to waste my money on pc
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • Why should i tell you that?
      • UPS:
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • I am happy that i don't have to waste my money every 3 months
      • Download Speed:
      • 150KBPS
      • Upload Speed:
      • 70KBPS
      • Console:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghost444 View Post
    yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ??????????? Why ?????

• GHoST444's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • I am happy that i don't have to waste my money every 3 months
      • Download Speed:
      • 150KBPS
      • Upload Speed:
      • 70KBPS
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by z.a.s View Post
    ??????????? Why ?????
    DUHHH......
    Cause i am part of the Legal Master Race!

• mithun12ka4's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte B75M-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i3-3220
      • RAM:
      • Transend 4x2 Gb 1600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB, Samsung Spinpoint F3 500 GB and Seagate Barracuda 3TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 OC Dual-X
      • Display:
      • LG 22" Class Widescreen LCD (W2243T)
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • FND 2.1
      • Keyboard:
      • A4-Tech ComfortKey KR-85
      • Mouse:
      • A4-Tech OP-620D USB
      • Controller:
      • Havit HV-G83
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair VS450
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda

I don't think so that is going to happen. How the hell will microsoft know the game we are running is pirated or not. Unless the developers of the games themselves gives some sort of code for microsoft to look for their specific games. There are hundreds and thousands of games out there. Microsoft might be able to some pirated software such as MS OFFICE, but not all games. May be EA will collaborate with MS to prevent their pirates games from running on windows but I dont see it being implemented on a large scale. Even if they pull this mammoth task off, I am sure some hacker will crack this. And we can use some pirated version of Windows 10 to play pirated games.

• Trave160's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B350M Mortar AM4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 3TB Western Digital red
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Strix GTX 960 4G
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H 22 Inch monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • None
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • TtEsports Knucker
      • Controller:
      • PS4 Dualshock 4 controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 24X DVD-RW Drive(Defunct)
      • USB Devices:
      • Pendrive 4GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Toaster rig arisen to Ultra toaster with chisel abs.
      • ISP:
      • NunuCom Ltd, Penus group
      • Download Speed:
      • Super San 200kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 105*2
      • Console:

^And this again, kids you need to let off some steam on your own, stop picking each others.

Also if this hits Asia big time, goodbye Microsoft cause majority of software users are pirates here. Imagine how their business on Asia gonna flop in mere seconds

Quote Originally Posted by GHoST444 View Post
    DUHHH......
    Cause i am part of the Legal Master Race!
    I don't think it is illegal to pirate (most, not all) games and softwares here in BD, mainly because those are not licensed in this country and there isn't any legal way of buying those in BD, so the license doesn't apply in this country. If they were licensed in this country, or at least had a legal way of getting them I'd believe it'd be illegal but in our case there isn't any. I know you can get them from US (includes online store like Steam, Origin,) but then it'd still not make sense as everybody doesn't have an Intl. Credit Card, and paying to FB Groups or other people to do it still isn't any real "Legal" or "Illegal" thing as it'd be like reselling them instead of buying from the devs. Their stuff isn't even meant to be run here n BD but we can't just sit down and not use cool stuff, so we have to resort to piracy (it's morally wrong but not really illegal). Also this country's economy should be noticed in such a case.

Every company spends most of the time developing the os..spend little time on security and even if they make such system..there is no way to stop running unsigned software and codes .The company needs to develop hardware along with software to stop piracy and it needs to be closed door as well which is impossible .

Quote Originally Posted by lotorpotor View Post
    Every company spends most of the time developing the os..spend little time on security and even if they make such system..there is no way to stop running unsigned software and codes .The company needs to develop hardware along with software to stop piracy and it needs to be closed door as well which is impossible .

Companies will try to stop piracy but Pirates are gonna find out a way to bypass that. It's been like that for years and things aren't gonna change unless everything goes cloud based.

• Sybaris Caesar's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DH61WW B3 Rev.
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 3.10 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 RPM
      • Graphics Card:
      • Leadtek Winfast GTX 560 ti 1GB GDDR5 822/1644/4008
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • Original Xbox 360 Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH222 22x DVD Writer
      • UPS:
      • Orlando 800va(packet e lekha apollo)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Upload Speed:
      • ∞

Quote Originally Posted by Trave160 View Post
    ^And this again, kids you need to let off some steam on your own, stop picking each others.

Also if this hits Asia big time, goodbye Microsoft cause majority of software users are pirates here. Imagine how their business on Asia gonna flop in mere seconds
    Yeah @mithun12ka4 , explain yourself mister. Did you steal the cookie?
    My probable next build: Qisan MagicForce 68 (Outemu switch) / Teamwolf Zhuque+ 87 TKL (Outemu) / Monoprice Select series full size (Outemu/Gateron) / Drevo Gramr 84 TKL (Outemu) • Logitech G102 Prodigy • Deepcool Dukase V3 / Thermaltake Versa U21 • Superlux HD 681 • Creative Sound Blaster E1 • LG 22MP68VQ • SteelSeries QcK • Generic executive chair • others TBA

djrock please don't bother me. You are in my ignore list so I don't have to see literal poop.

• mithun12ka4's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte B75M-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i3-3220
      • RAM:
      • Transend 4x2 Gb 1600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB, Samsung Spinpoint F3 500 GB and Seagate Barracuda 3TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 OC Dual-X
      • Display:
      • LG 22" Class Widescreen LCD (W2243T)
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • FND 2.1
      • Keyboard:
      • A4-Tech ComfortKey KR-85
      • Mouse:
      • A4-Tech OP-620D USB
      • Controller:
      • Havit HV-G83
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair VS450
      • ISP:
      • Mazeda

Quote Originally Posted by Sybaris Caesar View Post
    Yeah @mithun12ka4 , explain yourself mister. Did you steal the cookie?
    I am getting the joke here? Cookies can track your net movement but I am not sure if it can be used to identify all pirated games and block them. So pls explain.

Why not just google about it. Cookies are used for IM purpose to identify what client wants ..without it they cant serve relevant ads. There are ways to exploit cookie, such as using one premium account 10 to 100 or more people can download from all around the world. When you install any software its designed to send some info to company so they could ask for payments and such..hacking group patches those files which ask for payments, activation fee ..there is no way to prevent it ..however if the game is installed in cloud server ..yr just playing from home then it would be super hard to crack it..since you would have to hack the server ..not the game ..anyways google it you will find plenty of answers .

• Shawon191's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H-61
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570s 3.1 GHz
      • RAM:
      • Corsair XMS3 4 GB DDR3 1600
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 660
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229H
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M223
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt eSPORTS Knucker
      • Mouse:
      • SteelSeries Rival
      • Controller:
      • Logitech F310
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake TR2 500W
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • ISP:
      • Aamra Technologies
      • Download Speed:
      • 4 mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 3 mbps

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_5.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	37005
    Proud pirates

• minitt's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 3200mhz White Led
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 (128GB) +1TB HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 780 With Titan HS
      • Display:
      • Samsung KS8000 55"
      • Sound Card:
      • On board
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Yamaha Reference Monitor
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G710+
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec HCG-620M Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Nai
      • UPS:
      • dont need 1
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Shaw Cable
      • Download Speed:
      • 94Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20mbps

I don't think it is illegal to pirate (most, not all) games and softwares here in BD, mainly because those are not licensed in this country and there isn't any legal way of buying those in BD, so the license doesn't apply in this country. If they were licensed in this country, or at least had a legal way of getting them I'd believe it'd be illegal but in our case there isn't any. I know you can get them from US (includes online store like Steam, Origin,) but then it'd still not make sense as everybody doesn't have an Intl. Credit Card, and paying to FB Groups or other people to do it still isn't any real "Legal" or "Illegal" thing as it'd be like reselling them instead of buying from the devs. Their stuff isn't even meant to be run here n BD but we can't just sit down and not use cool stuff, so we have to resort to piracy (it's morally wrong but not really illegal). Also this country's economy should be noticed in such a case.
    What on earth are you talking about???? Who told you BD people cant buy/use original software? and who told you if you dont buy a software directly from the software developer is not original/illegal.

Bangladesh Bank specifically allows purchase of software and hence allows transaction of foreign currency without any particular limits.

You probably never used/bought any original software. Go ahead Give me an example of illegal buying/use of software in BD.

and it is ILLEGAL to pirate any paid software. BD te our govt doesn't enforce it. Tar mane ei na je its ok to pirate.

and btw how old are you? if you dont mind me asking.
    Last edited by minitt; August 23rd, 2015 at 22:54.

Quote Originally Posted by minitt View Post
    What on earth are you talking about???? Who told you BD people cant buy/use original software? and who told you if you dont buy a software directly from the software developer is not original/illegal.

Bangladesh Bank specifically allows purchase of software and hence allows transaction of foreign currency without any particular limits.

You probably never used/bought any original software. Go ahead Give me an example of illegal buying/use of software in BD.

and it is ILLEGAL to pirate any paid software. BD te our govt doesn't enforce it. Tar mane ei na je its ok to pirate.

and btw how old are you? if you dont mind me asking.

I never wanted say that BD people can not buy or use original software, but I wanted to mean that there is no direct way for us to get them. You'll need to pay online using an intl. credit card to get a lot of softwares, but there is no official service in BD to get them. Not everyone can pay online using foreign currency so that's why I said there is no direct way to get those softwares for people in BD. Microsoft has their stores in BD, they even have an online store where you can pay from BD using BDT and that means there is a direct, and legal way to get MS software in BD, but there isn't the same thing available in BD for many other software. Yes, you can still buy those online from their official stores or sites like G2A etc.., but in BD you're not required to, or at least you shouldn't be required to as you don't have any direct options to get it from BD (whether be it from a store, or an online store based in BD).

I did use original software, albeit most of my stuff are pirated. And for the example or PIRATED software, where do I start, Offices using pirated MS Office, lots of people using pirated Adobe programs, people using pirated software like IDM, different video converters, WinRAR, not to mention the tons of pirated Windows copies.

Also if it is illegal to use pirated software in BD then why aren't there any official way to get all those software, if not official then at least authorized re-sellers at least.

It is actually my mistake, I should be more precise in my posts, after reading my earlier post again I found out I couldn't properly explain what I tried to say. BTW what's my age got to do with this

• minitt's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 3200mhz White Led
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 (128GB) +1TB HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 780 With Titan HS
      • Display:
      • Samsung KS8000 55"
      • Sound Card:
      • On board
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Yamaha Reference Monitor
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G710+
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec HCG-620M Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Nai
      • UPS:
      • dont need 1
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Shaw Cable
      • Download Speed:
      • 94Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20mbps

I never wanted say that BD people can not buy or use original software, but I wanted to mean that there is no direct way for us to get them. You'll need to pay online using an intl. credit card to get a lot of softwares, but there is no official service in BD to get them. Not everyone can pay online using foreign currency so that's why I said there is no direct way to get those softwares for people in BD. Microsoft has their stores in BD, they even have an online store where you can pay from BD using BDT and that means there is a direct, and legal way to get MS software in BD, but there isn't the same thing available in BD for many other software. Yes, you can still buy those online from their official stores or sites like G2A etc.., but in BD you're not required to, or at least you shouldn't be required to as you don't have any direct options to get it from BD (whether be it from a store, or an online store based in BD).

I did use original software, albeit most of my stuff are pirated. And for the example or PIRATED software, where do I start, Offices using pirated MS Office, lots of people using pirated Adobe programs, people using pirated software like IDM, different video converters, WinRAR, not to mention the tons of pirated Windows copies.

Also if it is illegal to use pirated software in BD then why aren't there any official way to get all those software, if not official then at least authorized re-sellers at least.

It is actually my mistake, I should be more precise in my posts, after reading my earlier post again I found out I couldn't properly explain what I tried to say. BTW what's my age got to do with this

1. Buying a genuine license from any reseller is 100% legit IF the reseller made the payment to the original developing company in a proper way/method.

2. There is nothing called direct or indirect. You make a payment with your own CC or other's CC its pretty much the same.
    Because user like you will get a License key which gets attached to your account forever.

3. MOST of the usual software that u use everyday can be bought from Bangladesh legally.
    each time i make a payment I always get a system generated invoice that shows applicable vat/tax/gst/hst/card processing fee.

4. If u have doubt just buy a genuine software and then contact software vendor mentioning your license and your location.

5. Ppl at their young age tends to make things up unconsciously and gradually expresses that thought as a fact unless they get corrected. Besides your writings are all over the place.

6. BD te software vendor nai or onek kom BECAUSE they know ppl in BD will still pirate their software like its nobody's business.

"Offices using pirated MS Office, lots of people using pirated Adobe programs, people using pirated software like IDM, different video converters, WinRAR"

If you are interested to buy the above mentioned software, I can sell genuine license for all of them.
    you can directly contact software vendor and check for yourself.
    You money will be refunded if you can prove that license is fake or not for use at your location.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shawon0418 View Post
    its pretty much confirmed that section 7B only applies to Xbox, xbox live,windows phone and Microsoft services and NOT applicable to other software that you have in your PC.

Source: https://www.petri.com/windows-10s-la...acy-fear-games
    Last edited by minitt; August 24th, 2015 at 01:19.