I've seen and heard many BGs buying TV cards, chinese speakers and looking for wireless expensive headphones dedicated for their PS3/Xbox 360s
So, a little heads up on How to connect PS3/XBOX 360 to any LCD/LED Monitors (has to be HDCP Compliant)
and How u can get audio from ur existing Headsets/Headphones or normal speakers and switch between them easily
1. HDCP compliant monitor
2. RCA Adapter
3. DVI-HDMI Converter or DVI-HDMI Cable
1. Connect DVI-HDMI Converter or DVI-HDMI Cable in their respective ends
2. Connect PS3's TV/AV cable to PS3 and Red and White cables to the RCA Adapter
3. Connect RCA Adapter's 3.5mm end to your sound card's Line-In (Blue in color with a Mic sign)
4. Turn on PS3 and should say it detected HDMI and would the user like to output with it or not. Click Yes.
5. Go to Sound settings of PS3 and it should have the output through HDMI. Change it to TV/AV and u should have sound through ur default playback device.
6. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Recording Select Line-In followed by Properties and then Listen tab. Check 'Listen to Device' and Select 'Default Playback Device'.
7. To switch between ur speakers and headphone(s), go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound.
8. Right click on ur choice of device and click 'Set As Default Device'.
Now, I can get sound from my Logitech G35 with surround sound enabled when I'm playing alone and switch to speakers when I've company.
I didn't need to buy additional RCA Input-wala Chinese speakers also.
Same process goes for Xbox 360 with a tweak in the Xbox TV/AV cable.