User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Report pegs iPhone 4S manufacturing cost at $203

  1. #1
    Member
    • salmanshah's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K - Cooled by Corsair V8 GTS
      • RAM:
      • G.SKILL Trident X Series 2400MHz 16GB (2 x 8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2TB + 3TB HDD)
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
      • Display:
      • Sony KDL-32W654 & ASUS MS228H 22
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek ALC1150
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD555
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake MEKA G-Unit
      • Mouse:
      • Steelseries Sensei
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair TX650w V2
      • Optical Drive:
      • LITEON DVDRW
      • UPS:
      • Power Saver 1200va
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 PRO Genuine
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Winrar bench - 11085 KB/s @ OC CPU
      • Comment:
      • Casing: NZXT Phantom 001W
      • ISP:
      • Radiant
      • Download Speed:
      • 10-20 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 10-20 Mbps
    salmanshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lalbagh
    Posts
    2,363

    Default Report pegs iPhone 4S manufacturing cost at $203

    Apple is reportedly paying around $203 for each 32GB iPhone 4S that rolls off the assembly line, a phone that retails for $749 before carrier subsidy. At this price, Apple will achieve the same profit margin that they have experienced in previous iPhone launches, says Canadian research firm UBM TechInsights.

    UBM came to this conclusion by analyzing the iPhone 4S announcement and factoring in the current market prices for each known component. For example, the A5 processor is valued at $26 and the retina display is $31.


    Of interest in the estimated cost analysis is the mention of only 512MB of RAM. Apple typically doesn't reveal RAM capacity and many have speculated that the 4S would include 1GB, up from the 512MB that was found in the iPhone 4.

    “Technology-wise, you aren’t seeing anything revolutionary or unexpected from the iPhone 4S”, says Jeffrey Brown, Vice-President of Business Intelligence. “As we predicted in July, the iPhone 4S is a moderate improvement over the iPhone 4 – featuring an A5 processor that has been in use for approximately nine months, an image sensor that puts the handset on par with its competitors, and improved battery life.”


    Source

  2. #2
    Member
    • SinisterFahim's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-945GCMX-S2
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E4500
      • RAM:
      • Twinmos 1GB + 2GB = 3GB DDR2 (800 Mhz)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATi Radeon X1050
      • Display:
      • Asus MS228H
      • Sound Card:
      • On-Board......
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire M4500. (Going To Get A Microlab SOLO 7C ASAP)
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech Basic Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Genius 120 NetScroll
      • Controller:
      • Don't Have One For PC Gaming..........
      • Power Supply:
      • Generic 440W.....
      • Optical Drive:
      • Lite-On 16X Combo & ASUS 24X Dual Layer DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 25M2 500GB External HardDrive ll Apacer 8GB AH324 ll Apacer 8GB AH332 ll Transcend V30 8GB
      • UPS:
      • Mercury 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 (62-Bit)
      • Comment:
      • Sucks, I Know........!!!!
      • ISP:
      • Banglalion WiMax
      • Download Speed:
      • 512kbps OR 64KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 128kbps Or 16KB/s
      • Console:
      • 2
    SinisterFahim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home........
    Posts
    1,972

    Default Re: Report pegs iPhone 4S manufacturing cost at $203

    Emnei to ora borolok hoi...amra gorib hoiya jai.... :/

  3. #3
    Member
    • redprince's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • GiGABYTE INTEL G31M-ES2C
      • CPU:
      • Intel core 2 duo E7400 @ 2.80 ~OC 3.00
      • RAM:
      • 2 GB DDR2
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB western digital
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphare ATI RADEON HD 6570 DDR3 2GB
      • Display:
      • 19inch Samsung LCD(2ms response time)
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab A-300
      • Keyboard:
      • LEXMA
      • Mouse:
      • A4TECH Wireless mouse
      • Controller:
      • X-box 360
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte 460W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 x64 pro
      • Comment:
      • 5 Years old
      • ISP:
      • Metaphor digital media
      • Download Speed:
      • 2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 3 mbps
    redprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    319

    Default Re: Report pegs iPhone 4S manufacturing cost at $203

    F**k Apple....they think they are unique....But andoid way better than IOS!
    A Relation is like a ring,always holding ür finger.
    büt as ü get careless,it slips oüt of ür hand.
    So dont ever let ür relation ...slip oüt of ür life.


  4. #4
    Member
    • [email protected]'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97x-UD3H-BK
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690k OC to 4.5Ghz
      • RAM:
      • G Skill 16 GB DDR3 2200MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD + 2 TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Geforce 970 4GB
      • Display:
      • Asus 21.5 inch IPS monitor
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Audioengine A2 plus Dayton 8 inch subwoofer
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500s
      • Controller:
      • Original Microsoft Xbox One wired controller
      • Power Supply:
      • EVGA G2 750W 80 plus Gold
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Tom@L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, USA
    Posts
    6,495

    Default Re: Report pegs iPhone 4S manufacturing cost at $203

    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterFahim View Post
    Emnei to ora borolok hoi...amra gorib hoiya jai.... :/
    It costs $200 with contract. They are making a loss of $3 with every phone.

  5. #5
    Forum Staff
    • aayman's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Gaming Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 1700 @3.7GHz (H100i v2)
      • RAM:
      • 2x8GB Trident Z 3600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 960 EVO 250GB + SanDisk SSDX 960GB + 1TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 1070 FTW
      • Display:
      • ASUS PG279Q + Dell U2312HM
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Zx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser PC350SE + Phillips SPH9500
      • Keyboard:
      • CM QuickFire Stealth
      • Mouse:
      • FinalMouse Scream One | Logitech G403
      • Controller:
      • Steam Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 1703
      • ISP:
      • AmberIT
    aayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,792

    Default Re: Report pegs iPhone 4S manufacturing cost at $203

    Na Apple to full takai pacche providers theke. Providers rao loss kortese na this is 32GB for 203$, they sell it for 300$ with contract.

  6. #6
    Member
    • [email protected]'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97x-UD3H-BK
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690k OC to 4.5Ghz
      • RAM:
      • G Skill 16 GB DDR3 2200MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD + 2 TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Geforce 970 4GB
      • Display:
      • Asus 21.5 inch IPS monitor
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Audioengine A2 plus Dayton 8 inch subwoofer
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500s
      • Controller:
      • Original Microsoft Xbox One wired controller
      • Power Supply:
      • EVGA G2 750W 80 plus Gold
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Tom@L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, USA
    Posts
    6,495

    Default Re: Report pegs iPhone 4S manufacturing cost at $203

    Quote Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post
    Na Apple to full takai pacche providers theke. Providers rao loss kortese na this is 32GB for 203$, they sell it for 300$ with contract.
    nah apple and providers share the cost over the 2 years. And maximum sales is on $199 one. So they recoup the loss by charging higher monthly fees, which is minimum $65 per month.

    ---------- Post added at 04:33 ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 ----------

    check this

    http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/07/s...-galaxy-nexus/

    Color us a disappointed shade of blue, but it appears that Samsung and Google have decided not to launch the Galaxy Nexus (or Nexus Prime, or whatever it's called) and Ice Cream Sandwich at their October 11th Unpacked event. The two companies sent out a joint announcement reading:
    Samsung and Google decide to postpone the new product announcement at CTIA Fall. We agree that it is just not the right time to announce a new product. New date and venue will be shortly announced.
    The press event on the 11th was expected to be not only the debut for the successor to the Nexus S, but our first good look at the next version of Android. For whatever reason the companies have decided to delay that launch. But, if Eric Schmidt is true to his word, we shouldn't have to wait too much longer... he did promise us that it would launch by November. We'll let you know as soon as we get a new date to expect "something big."

    Update: A Samsung spokesperson issued a follow up statement to CNET, confirming speculation that the reveal was postponed out of respect, following the passing of Steve Jobs. "We believe this is not the right time to announce a new product as the world expresses tribute to Steve Jobs's passing," the spokesperson explained.

  7. #7
    Member
    • Hemlock's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P7P55D
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 750 @ 3.81 GHz + Prolimatech Megahalems (Nidec Beta V Intake + Rosewill RFX120BL Exhaust)
      • RAM:
      • 2X2 GB A-DATA XPG DDR3 @ 1520 MHz, 8-8-8-20 @ 1.55V
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500GB Samsung F3 + 250GB Hitachi Deskstar
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte HD5970 @ 850/1150 + XFX 9800GT for PHYSX
      • Display:
      • Samsung 22" 2233SW
      • Sound Card:
      • VIA VT1828S
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Gigaworks G500, HS-1000 X-fi Fatality USB Headset
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech Generic
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech XL747-H
      • Power Supply:
      • ASUS 750W U-75HA || TT Spedo Advance Package || 4 X 12" Logisys Blue CCT
      • Optical Drive:
      • ASUS 22X DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • A4Tech XL-747H
      • UPS:
      • Micro 2000VA - Failed
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit Build 7600, 4GB Unlocked
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 28363 3d Mark Vantage Score with cat 10.5, 31K possible with cat 10.6
      • Comment:
      • ANUBIS 970 - "The Beast Unleashed"
    Hemlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Muhammadpur,Dhaka
    Posts
    1,068

    Default Re: Report pegs iPhone 4S manufacturing cost at $203

    Quote Originally Posted by redprince View Post
    F**k Apple....they think they are unique....But andoid way better than IOS!
    This is the case with every motherboard, processor, phone, ram, cooler, headphone etcc......That 's how the cost in inventing something is taken care of. It may be is taking $200 to manufacture it today, but it has taken years of research and trillions of dollars in coming up with the process to manufacturing the final retail unit. So, hold your tongue before jumping into such illogical conclusions.

    If Apple should be ¤¤¤¤ed for this, Samsung should be buttfxxxed for the price they set for their products, everything they use in implementing their 's is much much cheaper. Apple at least is the company which invests the most in their products, in order to achieve a top-notch finishing, one that is above all else.

    And most of those parts' individual costs seem to be incorrect. They are prolly taking Chinese counterfeits into the assumption. For example, that battery wouldn 't cost $5 even on doomsday and no way that the 32GBMemory+512MBRAM can be found for $38, that kind of display for $31? You kidding me? Go ahead and buy one if you can.

    Last of all, if it really takes only $203 to find the retail parts why don 't they go ahead and make an iphone 4s themselves? Or how come the Chinese who don 't care about copyrights and stuff, can 't deliver a copy similar to the iphone 4/s at even $400, but instead make stupid replicas for 3000 BDT?
    Core i5 750 @ 3.81GHz | Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B + Nidec Beta V + Rosewill RFX-120BL
    ASUS P7P55D |
    Gigabyte HD5970 @ 850MHz/1150MHz + XFX 9800GT for PHYSX
    2X2GB A-DATA DDR3 XPG @ 1520MHz, 8-8-8-20 | Samsung F3 500GB + Hitachi Deskstar 250GB
    Samsung 2233SW | Gigaworks G500 | Creative HS-1000 X-Fi Fatality USB Headset
    TT Spedo Advanced Package + 4X12" Logisys Blue CCT + Delta XTREME Airflow
    | ASUS 750W


  8. #8
    Member
    • avas911's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-EG41MF-US2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Pentium Dual Core E6500 2.9 GHz 2MB L2 1066MHz FSB
      • RAM:
      • 2x2GB 800 MHz Apecer at 5-5-5-15
      • Hard Drive:
      • OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Sata III & Samsung 103SJ 1 TB F3
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire ATI RADEON HD6850 1GB GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Philips 107S7 17" at [email protected]
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In Realtek ALC883
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative SBS A200 / Cosonic Generic / Logitech Ultimate Ears 200vi/SoundMAGIC E10M IEM
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech X7 XL-747H 3600 DPI
      • Controller:
      • None
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta GPS-500AB A 500W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus 16x IDE DVD R
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 500 8GB & Corsair Survivor USB 3.0 16GB & Samsung Class 10 16GB mSDHC
      • UPS:
      • Rahimafrooz 600VA Premium
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Comment:
      • Slow in gaming
      • ISP:
      • Link3 512
      • Download Speed:
      • 70
      • Upload Speed:
      • 70
    avas911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mohammadpur
    Posts
    4,251

    Default Re: Report pegs iPhone 4S manufacturing cost at $203

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    Apple is reportedly paying around $203 for each 32GB iPhone 4S that rolls off the assembly line, a phone that retails for $749 before carrier subsidy. At this price, Apple will achieve the same profit margin that they have experienced in previous iPhone launches, says Canadian research firm UBM TechInsights.

    UBM came to this conclusion by analyzing the iPhone 4S announcement and factoring in the current market prices for each known component. For example, the A5 processor is valued at $26 and the retina display is $31.


    Of interest in the estimated cost analysis is the mention of only 512MB of RAM. Apple typically doesn't reveal RAM capacity and many have speculated that the 4S would include 1GB, up from the 512MB that was found in the iPhone 4.

    “Technology-wise, you aren’t seeing anything revolutionary or unexpected from the iPhone 4S”, says Jeffrey Brown, Vice-President of Business Intelligence. “As we predicted in July, the iPhone 4S is a moderate improvement over the iPhone 4 – featuring an A5 processor that has been in use for approximately nine months, an image sensor that puts the handset on par with its competitors, and improved battery life.”



    Source
    this also includes R&D, promotion, support, shipping and third party testing.

    this is customary to sell products 3x times the cost of production. this is normal. The main cost here is not production. its R&D and support.

    ---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    This is the case with every motherboard, processor, phone, ram, cooler, headphone etcc......That 's how the cost in inventing something is taken care of. It may be is taking $200 to manufacture it today, but it has taken years of research and trillions of dollars in coming up with the process to manufacturing the final retail unit. So, hold your tongue before jumping into such illogical conclusions.

    If Apple should be ¤¤¤¤ed for this, Samsung should be buttfxxxed for the price they set for their products, everything they use in implementing their 's is much much cheaper. Apple at least is the company which invests the most in their products, in order to achieve a top-notch finishing, one that is above all else.

    And most of those parts' individual costs seem to be incorrect. They are prolly taking Chinese counterfeits into the assumption. For example, that battery wouldn 't cost $5 even on doomsday and no way that the 32GBMemory+512MBRAM can be found for $38, that kind of display for $31? You kidding me? Go ahead and buy one if you can.

    Last of all, if it really takes only $203 to find the retail parts why don 't they go ahead and make an iphone 4s themselves? Or how come the Chinese who don 't care about copyrights and stuff, can 't deliver a copy similar to the iphone 4/s at even $400, but instead make stupid replicas for 3000 BDT?

    About parts price. Yes you can get that price if you buy 10 million units.....
    Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight I’ll ever know

    Live and die on this day
    Live and Die on this day

  9. #9
    Member
    • Hemlock's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P7P55D
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 750 @ 3.81 GHz + Prolimatech Megahalems (Nidec Beta V Intake + Rosewill RFX120BL Exhaust)
      • RAM:
      • 2X2 GB A-DATA XPG DDR3 @ 1520 MHz, 8-8-8-20 @ 1.55V
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500GB Samsung F3 + 250GB Hitachi Deskstar
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte HD5970 @ 850/1150 + XFX 9800GT for PHYSX
      • Display:
      • Samsung 22" 2233SW
      • Sound Card:
      • VIA VT1828S
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Gigaworks G500, HS-1000 X-fi Fatality USB Headset
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech Generic
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech XL747-H
      • Power Supply:
      • ASUS 750W U-75HA || TT Spedo Advance Package || 4 X 12" Logisys Blue CCT
      • Optical Drive:
      • ASUS 22X DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • A4Tech XL-747H
      • UPS:
      • Micro 2000VA - Failed
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit Build 7600, 4GB Unlocked
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 28363 3d Mark Vantage Score with cat 10.5, 31K possible with cat 10.6
      • Comment:
      • ANUBIS 970 - "The Beast Unleashed"
    Hemlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Muhammadpur,Dhaka
    Posts
    1,068

    Default Re: Report pegs iPhone 4S manufacturing cost at $203

    Quote Originally Posted by avas911 View Post
    About parts price. Yes you can get that price if you buy 10 million units.....
    Even then you can 't get that sort of battery for $5 man, not unless you produce one for yourself.
    Core i5 750 @ 3.81GHz | Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B + Nidec Beta V + Rosewill RFX-120BL
    ASUS P7P55D |
    Gigabyte HD5970 @ 850MHz/1150MHz + XFX 9800GT for PHYSX
    2X2GB A-DATA DDR3 XPG @ 1520MHz, 8-8-8-20 | Samsung F3 500GB + Hitachi Deskstar 250GB
    Samsung 2233SW | Gigaworks G500 | Creative HS-1000 X-Fi Fatality USB Headset
    TT Spedo Advanced Package + 4X12" Logisys Blue CCT + Delta XTREME Airflow
    | ASUS 750W


Similar Threads

  1. Report: iPhone 5 to Sport Curved Glass
    By W1C|<3D in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 24th, 2011, 04:23
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: December 27th, 2009, 20:57
  3. PS3 Manufacturing Costs Reduced By 70% !
    By cRush in forum PlayStation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 31st, 2009, 14:55
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 13th, 2009, 09:13
  5. How much does this PC cost??
    By acE.Shanny in forum General PC Gaming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: January 31st, 2009, 17:31

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.23419 seconds with 14 queries.