Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 gets first official trailer
Leaves ruffle and bullets kiss
The first trailer for City Interactive's Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 has made its way online. We're going to be honest, there's not a lot going on for much of this trailer but that's the life of a sniper right? Hours of build up for a sweet, satisfying moment of deadly combat.
Fortunately, when the triggers are eventually pulled we're treated to some slow-motion sniper versus sniper action.
Some old news-
First Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 screenshot fires in
City Interactive confirm game's being made with CryEngine
The first in-game image of FPS sequel Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 has been released - as publisher City Interactive confirms that the title is being built with Crytek's CryEngine 3. The shooter is the follow-up to last year's mega-selling Sniper: Ghost Warrior, which shifted over a million copies across the globe - having started life as an Xbox 360 exclusive. The PS3 version was released earlier this month.
CryEngine 3 was most recently used for Crytek's own rather special Crysis 2. It will also power the studio's mysterious Xbox 360 exclusive, Codename: Kingdoms - which we expect to hear more about at E3 next month.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is due for a 2012 release on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Battlefield 3, MW3 get unlikely rival - Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 shots looking good
CryEngine has obviously done City Interactive game a service
We've just received a basketful of new Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 shots - and it appears that being powered by CryEngine 3 has done the game the power of good.
The title is the follow-up to last year's million-selling FPS title. Although applauded for its decent look, that game received mixed reviews, not least for its flat multiplayer.
Ghost Warrior 2, which will release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC early next year, is the first third-party game to be powered by Crytek's CryEngine 3, which fueled the gorgeous Crysis 2.
City has sent over a fact sheet on the game, which you can read below:
* Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 takes all the breathless anticipation, precise controls and skillful fun of sniping and mixes it with stealth and silent elimination play, action scenes, a co-operative move playbook
* Night vision and thermo vision goggles to use in limited visibility situations
* Vehicle sections are a new addition to the Sniper series
* Multiple and varied locations including urban, jungle, mountain and tundra environments
THE Authentic, Modern Sniper Experience
* Realistic ballistics take into account the player's location, wind speed and direction, breathing rate and distance from the target
* Snipers do not fight alone in the real world and nor do they in Sniper 2. Working with your spotter is key
* All environments are based on real-world locations
* An array of faithfully recreated weapons are at your disposal, including six sniper rifles, three assault rifles, heavy machine guns, and more
More Skill, More Rewards
* Silent kills allow for quiet enemy elimination and successful execution sees the player rewarded with a brutal kill animation
* Bullet cam shows particularly successful hits
* Limb dismemberment from large calibre guns and explosions
Innovation & Technology
* Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is built on CryEngine3, the most advanced multi-platform development tool for current-generation consoles and for PC
* New equipment for stealth gameplay
* Multiplayer modes designed especially for sniper duels.
* Epic story crafted by acclaimed writers
MAIN CHARACTER BIO
Full Name: Captain Cody Anderson
Occupation: Private Security Consultant (ex-Delta Force Sniper)
Background: Anderson grew up in the cold wilderness of Alaska, where he learned the skills of hunting, marksmanship, and tracking from an early age. After his father was killed in action while serving with the Marines in Vietnam, Anderson was raised by his Native American mother. From the time he was ten years old, Anderson hunted wild game to put food on his family's dinner table. Anderson joined the Marine Corp after high-school and trained as a scout-sniper, attached to the elite Marines' elite "Force Recon" unit. Anderson is descended from a long line of American soldiers. He was raised in the tradition of patriotism and service to his country.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - E3 2011: IGN Live Commentary
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Gamescom 2011 gameplay