• SadIkMahdI's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte B85M-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.30 GHz
      • RAM:
      • 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 Bus Desktop Memory
      • Hard Drive:
      • Western Digital WD10EZEX 1 TB | SanDisk 2.5" 128GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW Edition with ACX Cooling
      • Display:
      • Samsung SB19B300B 18.5 LED
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtech HD
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing VS2621 2:1 Channel Speakers
      • Keyboard:
      • Newmen E370 Illuminated Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody V3
      • Controller:
      • Original Microsoft Xbox360 Controller for Windows (Wired Black)
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Litepower 500W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung S-ATA TrueDirect Super WriteMaster
      • USB Devices:
      • SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32 GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 5.3 @ Windows 7 Benchmark
      • Comment:
      • long way 2 go..
      • ISP:
      • B.Net
      • Download Speed:
      • 2.5 Mbps

Default Resident Evil director talks Retribution

Resident Evil director talks Retribution

Paul Anderson on casting Leon Kennedy for film franchise, taking plot points from Resident Evil 4 and 5, and motorcycle-riding, machine-gun-toting zombies.

While recently promoting his second 3D movie, Summit Entertainment's October 21 release The Three Musketeers, director Paul Anderson opened up about the next Resident Evil movie for Sony Pictures. Resident Evil: Retribution will be the second straight 3D film in the franchise and the fifth film in the franchise, but Anderson is aiming to make something new with more than a few familiar elements.
    Retribution is intended to be an epic, globe-trotting affair that features a cast of characters from all of the previous films, including some characters who were killed off early on in the franchise. The September 14, 2012, release has begun filming, and Anderson spilled some of the beans about the film in the interview below, including the introduction of Leon S. Kennedy and the direct tie-in to the Resident Evil 4 and 5 games.

GameSpot:
    Did you go back and play any of the Resident Evil games for the new movie?
    Paul Anderson: In my office I've got Resident Evil 4 and 5 because we're leaning quite heavily on those in terms of some of the action sequences and the story strands and the creatures as well. But that doesn't count as video game playing because it's work. It may look like I'm in my office playing on the PS3, but I'm not really. I'm working.

GS:
    What are the challenges of taking someone who is so well known by gamers like Leon S. Kennedy and putting him up on the big screen for Resident Evil: Retribution?
    PA: Well, it's obviously a lot of pressure because of that and especially Leon because he has such an extreme look. Firstly, he's a major action hero. But also he has the floppy hair, and you have no idea how hard it is to find someone who looks like that. They're usually mutually exclusive. It's like the guys with floppy hair are all kind of doing British period movies, like Brideshead Revisited, and the guys who are top action heroes usually have buzz cuts. But I think after a long and very exhaustive search, we've finally found the right guy in Johann Urb (2012, The Hottie & The Nottie).

GS:
    With Resident Evil: Retribution coming out September 14, 2012, will there be any potential crossover going on with Capcom on the gaming side?
    PA: We do cross-promotion when we can, but it's very difficult because with movies you set a date and you hit that date. That rarely happens with video games. So Capcom can say they're releasing on certain dates, but before you know it, that day gets pushed back or they abandon the game completely and start again. That's just the process of making a really good video game. They don't release it until they're ready. A good video game takes years and years to make, whereas you can make a good movie in 12 months. So it's hard to plan converging and cross-promoting, but the fact is the movies and the video games, just in a broader sense, do have a synergy and a symbiotic relationship because they are all pushing the same title and the same brand and the same name.

Anderson said it's tough to find hair like this on an action hero actor.

GS: Has DLC content and mobile and tablet growth opened up the ability to create smaller game experiences that can tie in to a film?

PA: It's starting to happen, but the kind of logistics of mounting film promotion and video game promotion at the same time is complicated. Even within a company like Sony, where you would think that there would be close cooperation between different parts of the big corporation like that, it's still really difficult. Let me give you a perfect example of that. There's a scene in the new Resident Evil where we need a whole bunch of plasma screens in the background, and you would think they'd be Sony players on the screen, but guess what, they're not. So go figure.

GS: Being a gamer yourself, what do you think gamers should be most excited about when it comes to Retribution and how you're putting this together?
    PA:
    We're using the Las Plagas parasite, which was introduced in Resident Evil 4. I love this because it gives me the opportunity to have undead star creatures who can basically do cool new things. And we also looked at how that was followed up with Resident Evil 5. It gives me the opportunity to use undead creatures that can ride motorbikes and shoot machine guns at the same time, which is definitely a first. In the world of the undead there ain't nobody doing that, just me.

Paul Anderson, at the <i>Three Musketeers</i> premiere.

GS: How will the new Resident Evil movie differentiate itself from the others?
    PA:
    One of the things we've tried to do with the films is to progress the franchise and make each movie exciting and fresh again. I really feel like these creatures that are taken straight from the game give us the opportunity to do that. In Resident Evil 5 there's an awesome sequence, one of my favorites, where you're driving a Hummer across the desert while engaging in a machine gun battle with a bunch of creatures that are chasing you while they're riding motor bikes and shooting machine guns. That's intrinsically Resident Evil because it's straight out of one of the games, but it's something totally fresh that you've never seen before. I think everyone can get excited about that, whether they're a game player or not.

GS: How has your work on the Three Musketeers movie opened up things for you as you head into this new Resident Evil movie 3D-wise?
    PA:
    Musketeers was primarily a location movie, and again it was a good experience on location, so that involvement will help me push 3D even more with Resident Evil. I've made this movie really a globe-trotting adventure. We go to Moscow. We go to Tokyo. We're going to some snowy wastes in the North of Russia. We're going to Times Square to shoot. It's a globe-crossing film, and it's taking 3D cameras out there into the real world more than ever before.

GS: I saw Rain Ocampo is back in this film.
    PA:
    Yeah. Michelle (Rodriguez) is back.

GS: How does that work, since she died in the first film?
    PA:
    I can't tell you. It's one of the fun things about the movie I think. But she's back. Colin Salmon, who was the leader of the Umbrella team in the first Resident Evil, is back as well. Oded Fehr, who died in the third Resident Evil: Extinction is back. We just had the table reading in Toronto with all the actors, and it was so much fun to have all these familiar faces and voices in the movie. I think it's going to be a real trip, and I think it's going to be really exciting.

Source

• gogeta's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DG31PR/Laptop MB name janina -_-
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E7400/Intel Core I7 2.26 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • 4 Gb DDR2 (Twinmos)/16 GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 1 TB/256 GB SSD
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus GTX 460/GTX 860m
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19&quot;/Lenovo 15.6&quot;
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD+ Realtek Built in 8 Channel Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab/Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 HP
      • Keyboard:
      • Asus Strix Tactic Pro Mechanical KB/CM Devastator Pro
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech/Logitech G402/CM Storm Devastator
      • Controller:
      • Logitech 310/Xbox One Genuine Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 500w ...Brand name ta dekhte hobe :s
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus 24x DvD-Writer/Lenovo Portable DVD WR
      • USB Devices:
      • 16 GB Adata/2 TB WD Portable*2
      • UPS:
      • Dnt Have One
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Win 10 Home
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Lawl...
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Chittagong Online Limited/Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • COL-70 KB (Peak) 180 KB (Off Peak)/Link3-128KB Flat
      • Upload Speed:
      • COL-180 KB (1.4 mbps)/Link3-128KB Flat

Default Re: Resident Evil director talks Retribution

Resident Evil, RE: Apocalypse valo lagsilo, Extinction kono rokome deksi.. R afterlife pathetic mone hoise amr kase.. (Effect gula valo chilo bt nt the movie). Hope next one wont gonna disappoint

• asif105878's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-450M Processor 2.40GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.66 GHz
      • RAM:
      • 4GB DDR3 800MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500GB 7200rpm, 1+1.5+2 TB external
      • Graphics Card:
      • Intel GMA HD
      • Display:
      • ASUS VH238H, 14.0&#8221; diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768)
      • Sound Card:
      • Integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lancing, A4Tech Hs-30
      • Keyboard:
      • CM Storm Trigger, Logitech, 101-key compatible with island-style full-size keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech M125
      • Controller:
      • DualShock 3, XBOX controller, Wii Remote and Nunchuck, Mad Catz X360 CoDBO PrecisionAIM Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 65W
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • Sony Walkman, Portable HDD, USB flash drive
      • UPS:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Home Premium x64
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • stuck with it atm :(
      • ISP:
      • Comocast
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

I heard the next movies are going to reboot the franchise and follow the storyline of the games more closely. I guess not...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Oh yeah this is the great anime.thanks for the sharing

• Rorschach's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B85 GAming
      • CPU:
      • Core i3 4130 3.2Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Corsair vengeance 2*4gb = 8gb Ddr3 1600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 128Gb Crucial M4 SSD + 2TB Hitachi HDD + 2* 2TB Seagate HDD+2TB Seagate HDD+(4TB+3TB) Seagate HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX cooler
      • Display:
      • Sony Bravia W670A 32inch
      • Sound Card:
      • Sound Blaster X fi Titanium
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Panasonic HTF600 + Creative 4:1 Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • Ducky
      • Mouse:
      • V3