1. Get a steam copy of the game (download it your way).
2. Download Steam.
3. Download GreenLuma http://www.mediafire...20tfs0waubvdo2h
4. Install deadisland (this is the folder name) into your steam folder/steamapps/common folder.
5. Create a FAKE
steam account but don't log in yet.
6. Download Update 2 - http://www.wupload.c...adisland-u2.rar
THEN, download Update 3 - http://www.mediafire...eaaa3c8bwbypm8g
7. Install the update 2 and after 2, 3 in a way that will replace all,BUT DO NOT REPLACE THE EXE WHEN REPLACING GAME WITH UPDATE 3! the game files.
8. Install GreenLuma into your steam folder and launch greenluma.exe.
9. Login with your fake steam account.
10. Join a tunngle dead island room.
11. Using tunngle, Set the game's launching directory to be steamapps/common/deadisland/deadislandgame.exe
12. Make sure there is a file named steam_appid.txt in your game folder and make sure it is read only. The text file should only say this:
13.MAKE SURE to Enable steam cloud in steam by going into options - downloads + cloud and ticking the enable steam cloud option.
After launching the game correctly, press shift+TAB.
If you get the steam overlay, you got things done right.
If you did not, you have done something wrong. Read this all over again.
To play co-op mode;
1. Go to options whle in-game.
And find where you can see game type.
It should be;
Game Type: Cooperative
Game Visibility: LAN
Public Slots: whatever you want.
That should be enough. Feel free to change anything else.
Now, when you start the game, go to act 1 and then press escape. You'll be able to join other people's games by going into game lobby while in the escape menu.