Fellow gamers, here's the deal.
I've saved up about 50000Tk and I'm ready to by a computer.
The primary purpose of this PC is gaming, other tasks may include web browsing, some office work etc.
Gaming will get most priority.
I like to play any type of game I get my hands on. FPS, RPG, RTS, Action/Adventure, Racing etc.
I am not looking to overclock my system.
As far as brand preference, I am open to any manufacturer/company.
I just want a good gaming experience (40-50fps) at standard HD (1920x1080) resolution. (See aditional notes)
I will buy the PC next Friday.
On to the details. I have the following items and won't be needing to buy them:
- Hard Drive
- DVD Drive
So, I will be needing the following:
- Power Supply
- My current monitor is a 17" CRT of resolution 1024x768. I will however, upgrade to a higher resolution LCD monitor (1920x1080) by the year's end.
- I have not included an UPS here, but I will buy one with next month's salary.
- I've kept the case as an optional item. I will buy it if I can fit it into the budget. Otherwise I will buy case and UPS together next month. Will keep the system on an open bench till then.
- I am open to upgrading my hardware when the time and price is right.
I've done some research on BG and also went to shops myself. Here's what I've come up with and might serve as a starting point:
- Processor: Core i3 2100
- Motherboard: ASUS P8H67-M LX (CPU+MOBO @ 18500)
- Memory: ADATA 2x2GB 1333MHz (2100TK)
- GPU: ASUS Radeon 6870 EAH6870 (19500)
- PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower XT 675W (Don't know the price but hoping within 10000TK)
I aleady know that there flaws with this configuration. Especially with the CPU and PSU.
So, I am leaving the config in the hands of the experts.