User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one is the most beautiful?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

5 83.33%

1 16.67%

2 33.33%

2 33.33%

2 33.33%

2 33.33%

0 0%

2 33.33%

1 16.67%

3 50.00%

3 50.00%

1 16.67%

2 33.33%

1 16.67%

3 50.00%

0 0%

1 16.67%

0 0%

2 33.33%

1 16.67%

3 50.00%

3 50.00%

1 16.67%

1 16.67%

0 0%

1 16.67%

1 16.67%

1 16.67%

0 0%

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: National Geographic's - Top-Rated Your Shot Photos (August 2011)

• Arif69's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61 S2P B3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i3 2100
      • RAM:
      • G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500 GB | Hitachi 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 1 GB DDR5
      • Display:
      • Dell E1910H 18.5 Wide Lcd
      • Sound Card:
      • VIA HD Audio Codec
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 4400 | Logitech S-150 | Sony MDR-ZX100
      • Keyboard:
      • Lexma LK7550P Slim
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech B100
      • Controller:
      • Generic Usb Joystick
      • Power Supply:
      • ITS 500 Watt
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-224BB 24X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend Jetflash350 16 GB
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit | Ubuntu
      • ISP:
      • KS

Lightbulb National Geographic's - Top-Rated Your Shot Photos (August 2011)

National Geographic's - Top-Rated Your Shot Photos (August 2011)

1.A view from the first floor of the Eiffel Tower. I shot it in the morning, and due to this the shadows have come alive, with each shadow telling its own story!

2.A Magellanic penguin lost at Jose Ignacio Beach in Uruguay. It's common for dead penguins to appear in the area at this time, but this year the number is unusually high. More than 600 Magellanic penguins have washed up on Uruguay's Atlantic.

3.Spring in the Rockies brings rebirth, the vibrant flowers, bursts of green foliage born from the high altitude chilled rains. A fox den is bustling with several red and black fox pups. This is shot using a Nikon D300 at 200mm, F2.8, 160 sec with ISO 100.

4.I took this picture on a recent trip to Crater Lake National Park in Oregon. Phantom Ship is known as 'the other island' in Crater Lake. It looks like a small pirate ship, but is actually as tall as a 16-story building. It was just the right time of day to get this beautiful reflection.

5.The sky was overcast and gray in the Yosemite High Country; I had retreated to my tent, disappointed. Just moments before sunset, however, the sun dipped below the cloud cover and the forest and granite domes were suddenly lit with unworldly oranges and reds. I ran out to the granite knife-edge, hurriedly set up my tripod, and shot this photograph. The color lasted just three minutes, never to reappear.

6.Barn owls are a favorite owl, but front shots aren't their most flattering angle. So I try to find attractive and interesting ways to photograph them. This was my favorite. He looks like he's practicing for a wind tunnel, and the pose reminded me of an old-style hood ornament. I loved the patterning and rhythm of the back feathers.

7.I found this gecko running around the house. It must have been born recently because it was only half as long as my pinky. I set up a flash through an umbrella and reflector to bring out the details.

8.Taken in June 2011 from the upper deck of a boat off the coast of South Africa while great white shark cage diving.

9.This tomato hornworm, along with a dozen of his close friends, chose to make camp in my Better Boys. Fortunately, they all pupated, leaving the bushes a little worse for the wear, but still productive. The chickens would have had a heyday with these guys, but they were all gone by the time I got back from an offshore trip!

10.A baby-shrimp collector is repairing his net to ensure safe catch during tide time. From March to September every year, a mass of people in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh, engage in this job.

11.I took this picture during sunset in the Namib Naukluft Park-Sossusvlei area in Namibia. I gave the name, as there is no modification on the picture, just out of the cam. I played just with exposure and time.

12.Cappadocia is the name of a region in Turkey formed by the lava of the volcanoes surrounding it and the forces of nature. These rock formations were also used for centuries as a refuge for the first Christians and later by the locals. One of the best ways to discover this huge region is to join a balloon tour over these surreal rock formations. Although I was not in a balloon while making this shot, I was high enough to be able to show the whole landscape and the sky decorated by the balloons.

13.I took this shot in Ubud Monkey Forest. This shy young macaque was spying on me from behind this orange cloth tied around a statue.

14.Morelia Viridis, also called green tree python or Chondro python, one of the exotic snakes in the world. They can be found in New Guinea/Indonesia and Iron Range, northern Australia.

15.After searching for a male grizzly bear on the railway tracks in Banff National Park I stumbled upon these klk crossing the tracks. Elk have become a common sight for me and underappreciated, but this unique moment brought back my fascination with them. Both are posed perfectly either side of the railway tracks checking for possible predators and trains.

16.A free diver makes his way back to the surface, after free diving under the ice, in Quebec, Canada.

17.Agricultural aircraft AN-2 performs chemical spraying of a farmland in Rousse region, Bulgaria, at the Danube River. This photo was captured with a tandem Motodelta at about 1,640 feet altitude in May 2011. I shot a series of about 150 photos during the aircraft's spraying schedule in a five-to-seven minute timeframe. Despite the Motodelta pilot's excellent training, it was a bit risky and dangerous job. Antonov AN-2 is a famous 1946 model aircraft designed for transportation services.

18.It must be exhausting and lonely to be the first one hatched! This little guy was so tired! Hope his siblings “came out to play” last night! (Taken August 7, 2011, circa 6:00 p.m., and it is a Swainson's thrush nest.)

19.A manta ray feeding in Hanifaru Bay, Maldives, in September 2010. There were up to 100 rays feeding at one time in this area.

20.An early morning didgeridoo performance at the Grand Canyon.

21.My first attempt at star trails had to be at the backdrop of the world's ninth highest peak, Nanga Parbat in Pakistan's Gilgit-Baltistan region up north. This is its Raikot face, from where it has been scaled only twice. The first ever successful ascent by Hermann Buhl in 1953 was also from this side of the mountain. One can also see the Milky Way trailing from the left. I placed my tripod at the enchanting Fairy Meadows and let the shutter loose for 30 minutes, just before the moon rise.

22.An old man feeds birds in front of the Notre Dame Church in Paris.

23.Driving through the bush in Tanzania, herds of zebra were cautiously walking towards a water hole to drink. Suddenly these two leapt up from the water bank and started to whinny and bare their teeth at each other. It was all over very quickly, with neither emerging as the victor, and they both went back down to drink!

24.On an early morning, Machu Picchu was wrapped in rain clouds. As they passed, there was a moment when the sunlight caught the clouds and illuminated the dramatic landscape that surrounds the ruins.

25.We did an early morning trip to dunes in Erg Chebbi, Morocco. Our local Berber (more precisely Tuareg) guide was leading our camel caravan. Blue color is typical for Tuareg people, which contrasts well with the orange Sahara.

26.My pet chameleon.

27.With four rings of 400 rooms, Chengqi Lou is claimed to be the king of Hakka Earth Building in China. The colossal building (Kejia tulou) is a monumental totem of an indigenous but slowly disappearing way of traditional Hakka life.

28.Walking through a national park in Wicklow, Ireland, I came across the most mysterious bunch of trees without an end in sight. This picture captures everything about the mystery of Ireland and allows you to see into her otherwise hidden depths.

29.Mt. Erebus was a constant companion for our team while we were conducting research by diving under the ice in Antarctica. The foreground of this photograph is near one of our dive holes.

30.A mother and her cub just going around in north Svalbard, 80 degrees N, July 2011.

• Dhumketu's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigbyte X58 USB 3.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz L3 8MB cache Quad Core
      • RAM:
      • 8 GB DDR 3 1600 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI NVDIA GTX 760 4 GB
      • Display:
      • SONY Bravia 20" LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Built-in
      • Controller:
      • Razer Onza TE
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte 600 Watt
      • Optical Drive:
      • HP SATA DVD-Writer
      • UPS:
      • Rahimafrooz 1000 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.12
      • ISP:
      • Link 3
      • Console:

Default Re: National Geographic's - Top-Rated Your Shot Photos (August 2011)

Nice Post man... There is also a picture of Bangladesh..
    Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm. You may wonder who I really am, and why I say this. Come, and I will tell you a tale like none you have ever heard.

• SadIkMahdI's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte B85M-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.30 GHz
      • RAM:
      • 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 Bus Desktop Memory
      • Hard Drive:
      • Western Digital WD10EZEX 1 TB | SanDisk 2.5" 128GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti FTW Edition with ACX Cooling
      • Display:
      • Samsung SB19B300B 18.5 LED
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtech HD
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing VS2621 2:1 Channel Speakers
      • Keyboard:
      • Newmen E370 Illuminated Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody V3
      • Controller:
      • Original Microsoft Xbox360 Controller for Windows (Wired Black)
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Litepower 500W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung S-ATA TrueDirect Super WriteMaster
      • USB Devices:
      • SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32 GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 5.3 @ Windows 7 Benchmark
      • Comment:
      • long way 2 go..
      • ISP:
      • B.Net
      • Download Speed:
      • 2.5 Mbps

nice post

• knroeoueqisk's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H55M-USB3 (Socket 1156)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 750
      • RAM:
      • Twinmos 2.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 1333
      • Hard Drive:
      • SAMSUNG 1 TERABYTE F3 & 250 GB F1 Sata Hard Drives
      • Graphics Card:
      • GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster LCD [email protected] 1360x768
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek High Definition Audio
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic head phone
      • Keyboard:
      • Perfect keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Delux optical mouse
      • Controller:
      • Normal Non brand gamepad
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermalake TR2 500 watt
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 22X Dvd Writer
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3 and Windows 7
      • Comment:
      • i am happy with it.
      • ISP:
      • Qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 15 Kilobytes - 64 Kilobytes
      • Upload Speed:
      • 5-15 kilobytes

valoi laglo chobi gula dekhe.