User Tag List

Thread: Help me choose First-Person Shooter games (I'm coming from Third-Person Shooter world)

Wink Help me choose First-Person Shooter games (I'm coming from Third-Person Shooter world)

Hi guys, this is my first post in this thread. As I said in the introductory thread, I don't play games that much. But I like to play games. Sometimes I get stuck in some problems and need some help. I guess that's when this forum will be useful.

Anyway, in my gaming experience, I've not played FPS that much. I can only recall DOOM, The House of the Dead, Virtual Cop 2 and recently Half Life 2 (didn't complete). These are my First Person Shooter games experience so far. However, I've played a number of third-person shooter games including GTA Vice City, San Andreas, The Godfather, Mafia and a few others. I thought I loved 3PS until recently I played Half Life 2 which is a FPS. I think I'm loving FPS although I'm still confused which one I like better. They say third-person shooter games come with a variety of options while FPS doesn't have much (like open world roaming and driving indistinctly).

So, what's the reason I haven't played much games? Well, it's the configuration of my computer as some of you might have already guessed. I saved money and bought my first computer in 2009 which is a dual core machine with 2GB RAM, Intel 256 Graphics and 320 HDD. I couldn't afford to get a graphics card in recent years (even know I can't ). So, I only played those games that suited my configuration.

However, I don't play games doesn't mean I stay away from the gaming world. I always keep an eye on what's going on the gaming world. I've been hearing the buzz of Call of Duty Moder Warfare 2, Black Ops, Crysis 2, Portal 2, Assassin's Creed, Fallout, Far Cry (I've tried Far Cry 2 in my PC and it wouldn't run) and so on. Most of these are FPS games and I didn't feel much interest in playing them until I played Half Life 2 recently.

What do you guys think that for someone like me leaping from GTA and The Godfather type of open-world environment third-person shooter gamer, what first person shooter games will be enjoyable? I've played Far Cry 2 (couldn't play, too slow and lagging) but heard it's an annoying one while the previous one, Far Cry, was much better. I'm thinking of playing Black Ops, Far Cry, Crysis, Portal and Fallout. Do you think I'm gonna like them? Also I get confused because these games have lots of series. So, which one should I take up? For example, if you say I should play Crysis, then crysis 1 or two?

A note on my preference, I don't like monster-characters in shooter game that much (although I wouldn't mind that much, too). So, anything like Black Ops should be fine for me.

I'm waiting for your recommendation. If you can, also tell me please which graphics card should be good for playing all the latest games (note that I cannot upgrade my PC at all, I can only buy a graphics card so if you talk about a card that needs Core 2 Duo, then please don't mention it. I hope you understand.) including the price in Bangladeshi market.

Thanks in advance everyone.
    Most of you don't know me. However, a lot of you have discussed about the articles I wrote and visited my blog at least once. Wondering? Well, do you recall these two links?

http://aisjournal.com/2010/12/17/hon...ew-banglalion/

My Blog | Flickr

• Dhumketu's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigbyte X58 USB 3.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz L3 8MB cache Quad Core
      • RAM:
      • 8 GB DDR 3 1600 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI NVDIA GTX 760 4 GB
      • Display:
      • SONY Bravia 20" LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Built-in
      • Controller:
      • Razer Onza TE
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte 600 Watt
      • Optical Drive:
      • HP SATA DVD-Writer
      • UPS:
      • Rahimafrooz 1000 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.12
      • ISP:
      • Link 3
      • Console:

Default Re: Help me choose First-Person Shooter games (I'm coming from Third-Person Shooter world)

Bro dont you have any graphics card??What is your budget??
    At Least you can buy HD 5670 for 6200 tk and any modern game will be run in medium settings,which will be playable and fun-able for you,and you wont regret this buy
    For you my suggestion is-
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare(Start with this and you do marry yourself with COD series )

*Like you I was also a 3rd Person,Action-adventure genre-type gamer. Now I play all types of games.
    Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm. You may wonder who I really am, and why I say this. Come, and I will tell you a tale like none you have ever heard.

Default Re: Help me choose First-Person Shooter games (I'm coming from Third-Person Shooter world)

Thanks for your response, Dhumketu bro, but unfortunately 6200 for gaming purpose (that's all graphics card is for, right?) is just too much for me. First, I have to save the money (I never get money from parents to buy gadgets ), and then when I spend this amount everyone will be mad at me.

Can't I have anything for around 3000-4000tk that can play most new games in 'will-do' settings?
    Most of you don't know me. However, a lot of you have discussed about the articles I wrote and visited my blog at least once. Wondering? Well, do you recall these two links?

My Blog | Flickr

• Dee's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VIII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600k
      • RAM:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 128GB SSD; Crucial M500 960GB SSD
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H
      • Keyboard:
      • Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid-i Cherry MX Brown
      • Mouse:
      • Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master V650 Gold
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 GATI
      • Download Speed:
      • 2Mib/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2Mib/s

Quote Originally Posted by aisajib View Post
    Thanks for your response, Dhumketu bro, but unfortunately 6200 for gaming purpose (that's all graphics card is for, right?) is just too much for me. First, I have to save the money (I never get money from parents to buy gadgets ), and then when I spend this amount everyone will be mad at me.

Can't I have anything for around 3000-4000tk that can play most new games in 'will-do' settings?
    Then you have to look for a used card.

as de & dhumketu said if u want new then around 6500. And if u have a good faith and experience in used things then you can get a good 6 month old card for almost 60% the price of new.

And for playing 1st person i will recommend crysis. And play serially. Like first crysis then crysis warehed then crysis 2.

And as recommended hd 5670 can be found 2nd hand for only 4/5k. What is ur monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Then you have to look for a used card.
    I don't have much knowledge about graphics cards so I am unable to check whether the used card is in good condition or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raa View Post
    as de & dhumketu said if u want new then around 6500. And if u have a good faith and experience in used things then you can get a good 6 month old card for almost 60% the price of new.

And for playing 1st person i will recommend crysis. And play serially. Like first crysis then crysis warehed then crysis 2.

And as recommended hd 5670 can be found 2nd hand for only 4/5k. What is ur monitor?
    My monitor is Samsung 15.6" and its model number is probably 633nw. Will it work? I'm totally new in this graphics card thing so I don't even know what are the requirements. I went through HD 5670 specifications and requirements page on ATi website but couldn't understand anything. I only know my pc is dual core 2.60 GHz 2GB RAM and 320 GB HDD Other than that, pci express, power watt, i don't have any idea. Only been working with websites, never put attention in hardware. Now regretting :'(

My Blog | Flickr