Here's what you need to do in order to get a version switcher for wc3.
- Download WVS by Ugge (stripped version : ~600KB)
- Download TFT Version x.xxx.zip file (x.xxx refers to version number)
- Extract WVS in the Warcraft root folder.
- Copy (or move) ALL the TFT Version x.xxx.zip files inside of the folder WVS. this folder is not the one you have extracted WVS but the one inside it. in other words,
- find the WVS.exe file
- there should be a folder WVS in the same folder as the exe file
- place your version zip files inside of that WVS folder.
- Run WVS.exe
- if it can't find your wc3 folder, show it manually
- hit the switch version button
- double click the version you want to switch to.
most of you guys already have one of these versions. so it is not necessary to download all of these version files.
- WVS (~600KB)
- TFT Version 1.20e.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.21a.zip (~30MB)
- TFT Version 1.22a.zip (~30MB)
- Special DDL/Manifest for 1.22 (~450KB) (details here)
- you can download WVS.
- hit the "Store Current Version" button
- you will get a TFT Version <your version>.zip properly placed in the WVS folder.
- now download the other version files as desired.
Note: Many of you think replacing the Game.dll, Storm.dll and war3.exe are the version files i.e. copy/paste/replacing them is enough for switching version. this is not true. there's another file (war3patch.mpq) that is also updated with every version. and this is the reason the version zips are ~30MB.
it is true that without changing the war3patch.mpq, you can run wc3, but it is not recommended. it might result in a fatal error every now and then.
PS: i'm still uploading the files. links will be posted after 30 mins.
PPS: DONE. dont forget to thank me