The Assassin’s Miniguide to Jungling
The Assassin’s Miniguide to Jungling
Jungling is a common strategy among better players, but it's also acceptable in any game. It's pretty easy, but I'll just share some of my knowledge on how to jungle better.
So what is jungling, anyway? Jungling, is defined as neutral creeping from level 1. It does not necessarily mean that the whole game you're going to go in neutral creep camps, since you have to do action in your lanes. It's just that most of your time and money should be through visiting neutral creep camps, and rarely going to a lane, or not at all, during early game.
Well, jungling is supposed to give all four heroes their solo lanes (In 4v4) or in order to have two to three heroes soloing (In 5v5) to come up with a quicker leveling pace. Usually people use heroes that can gank well to jungle because your enemies have no idea where you are, and is an ideal reason to sneak behind and get kills.
Benefits of Jungling
* Since you’re alone jungling, and you’re not in a lane, you can consider the whole forest as your lane.
* Since you’re going to solo this “forest” lane, you’d get all the gold and exp.
* You don’t get interrupted by denies and you don’t have to last hit anymore. Also, you won’t get harassed, so there’s probably nothing that can hurt and annoy you, except for the neutral creeps.
* It allows the team to have two soloers.
* You are closer to runes and you can gank enemies easier since you are rarely seen (Some enemies would gank and walk in the forest, so you can get seen).
Facts about Creeps
Credits to Ironfisto. MountainWolf and DP members for the info
* In an -ap game, neutral creeps spawn at the 2:00min while lane creeps spawns at 1:30
* In a -lm, -xl game, neutral creeps spawn at the 5:00min while lane creeps spawn at 4:00min.
* Neutral creeps respawn interval is every minute mark (ie. 8:00, 9:00, 10:00).
* Trees respawn interval is every 5 minutes (5:00, 10:00, 15:00).
* They will not spawn if there are existing creeps, sentry/observer wards (common strategy to counter junglers), corpses in the respawn checking areas.
* Creeps corpse takes 20 seconds to disappear so if you cannot kill a creep camp by the 40 second mark you will want to pull opposed to kill (you mention this somewhat but not the exact values).
- Tangoes are essential in jungling because they cut off trees that block you to camps, and therefore they make shortcuts for you to make faster kills.
- A courier is important in jungling since you will rarely have to come back to the fountain of life. Once you come back to the fountain of life, you’d waste your time and all other ally and enemy heroes may be 1 or more levels ahead of you. That’s totally bad for you.
- Coupled with Couriers are Empty Bottles. They will serve as your substitute for your regeneration in your fountain and they can work well as a regen item. You’d have to refill it again and immediately get it back once you finish using all your charges.
- Crows make the transportation of items, mostly Empty Bottle 2x faster since it overcomes all obstacles and it has a great movespeed increasing skill to furthermore fasten the transportation of your Empty Bottle/ other items.
Choosing Heroes to Jungle
So what things do we need to consider on a hero for it to efficiently jungle, mostly that there are really a lot of heroes which can’t jungle anything near well?
[Needs to kill creeps fast.
So how do we do that? Simple. Any hero with summons or AoE/ Multiple target spells are efficient, but those with summons are the best. All of them would probably have an easier time farming, since it will take them shorter time to kill creeps, which results in faster farming. For summoners, another benefit they will have is the damage will be shared to the hero and the other summons, giving better survivability. This is why heroes like Broodmother are great junglers.
Has the ability to gank.
Optional, but also a plus. Any hero who can gank can also ingage in jungling, provided they have the ability to jungle smoothly. Heroes like Beastmaster or Bradwarden, who are good gankers, are also fine junglers, and can do surprise moves in lanes every now and then. Furion is an exception. He can go anywhere and still gank.
Classes of Junglers
* Pure Junglers – they are heroes with great AoE spells or great summons, and can survive on their own even at the start of the game (i.e., Furion, Lycanthrope, Axe).
* Second-Class Junglers – is dependant on situations that will help them to be pure junglers. They do techniques like Creep Pulling 1 or they need some situations like low life creeps to effectively jungle (i.e., Beastmaster – Axes + Pull 1, Broodmother, Low life + Spiderling).
***CREDITS TO Rikimaru the Assassin from DP
Nice guide, you can add pictures or link to some you tube videos.....would make it still better.
This will be helpful to newer players. Visit the strategy sections of DotA-Allstars. They have some great pictures and guides there, about jungling of course.
Nice one could have added replays though, which can be helpful!
this will be actually gr8 4 the newer players!
but i dint understand 1 thing y is this thread named
The Assassin’s Miniguide to Jungling?
Because this has been originally written by Rikimaru the Assassin, who is a member of DotaPortal. Rikimaru the Assassin is the name of the member. Amit Bhai copied his guide here and sourced it properly, unlike some people I know who steal work off the Internet and pass it off as theirs. Example: Sn4k3y! zzZ
Originally Posted by §n4K3y
Steene / Lightstrike - Level 80 Rogue/Paladin - Bloodcraft Blizzclone US
Anestean - Level 80 Paladin - AlphaWoW EU
Pyro.Dynam1cs - Garena - Main competitive account
DietPepsicola - Garena - Trolling, "secret" pub owning account.
yea !! kool !!
atleast i do !!
Thanks 4 exepting the truth.
Tags for this Thread
Page generated in 0.21278 seconds with 13 queries.