User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

  1. #1
    Member
    • NahyaN's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3/ Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-1 Chassis
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 with Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • TeamElite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB (Primary)/ WD Caviar Green 2 TB (Storage)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19 Inch LED Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • AudioTechnica ATH-M40X
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech Multimedia Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • XBox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 550w
      • Optical Drive:
      • LiteOn DVD-RW 22X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 250GB Portable HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Seren1ty gets the job done. Period.
      • ISP:
      • Earth Telecommunications
      • Download Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
    NahyaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    541

    Default My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    So I am going to buy my first Xbox 360 by next week......
    I want to know about the things I should look out for when buying one.
    Should I buy a Slim 360? or an Elite 360....
    Don't have experience on these before, so advice needed.....
    Also I've been reading around about jailbreaks and mods..............
    How much detailed do I have to know about those...?
    Do I have to do them, or will the sellers do it for me?
    I have asked about some prices today...and I think my budget is about 35000Tk.
    I saw the Xbox 360 Elite....are there anything better than this at this budget.......?
    Thanks to all in advance..........

  2. #2
    Member
    • [email protected]'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97x-UD3H-BK
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690k OC to 4.5Ghz
      • RAM:
      • G Skill 16 GB DDR3 2200MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD + 2 TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Geforce 970 4GB
      • Display:
      • Asus 21.5 inch IPS monitor
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Audioengine A2 plus Dayton 8 inch subwoofer
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500s
      • Controller:
      • Original Microsoft Xbox One wired controller
      • Power Supply:
      • EVGA G2 750W 80 plus Gold
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Tom@L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, USA
    Posts
    6,495

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    i suggest u wait one more month at least ........ the mod firmware for slim 360s will be released soon. Obviously slim version is better than fat version as it is newer, quieter and more power efficient.

    So wait for some more time.

    U can buy the fat ones if u have urgency but i strongly dont recommend it. Goto hakim bhai, game source in Bashundhara and buy the console from him. He will sell u with the latest mods ( latest mod is Lt+ ) and hence it wont be a problem.

  3. #3
    Member
    • NahyaN's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3/ Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-1 Chassis
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 with Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • TeamElite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB (Primary)/ WD Caviar Green 2 TB (Storage)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19 Inch LED Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • AudioTechnica ATH-M40X
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech Multimedia Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • XBox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 550w
      • Optical Drive:
      • LiteOn DVD-RW 22X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 250GB Portable HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Seren1ty gets the job done. Period.
      • ISP:
      • Earth Telecommunications
      • Download Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
    NahyaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    How much will the Slim 360 cost me, any idea?
    Also, can I connect the 360 to my CRT VGA monitor and play there instead of TV?
    Right now I can buy the fat 360(elite,black)....but if it is worth the wait for the Slim.....
    then....ill wait.....

  4. #4
    Member
    • Rumen's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3RL
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.93 ghz(OC)
      • RAM:
      • 3 GB 1333 mhz DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 320 gb HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • Xfx 5850 1 gb DDR5 BLACK edition
      • Display:
      • Samsung 2243 1920x1080 HD LCD monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • built in Realtek
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic CD-721MV
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech
      • Controller:
      • xbox 360 controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Coolermaster 600 watt ati xfire certified(italy)
      • Optical Drive:
      • ASUS 16x DVD Rom
      • USB Devices:
      • 2 and 16 GB Pendrive
      • UPS:
      • Name onek boro, lekhte parbona
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 nd xp
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 7.1 in Windows 7 index(sometimes 7.2)
      • Comment:
      • 2009-2013 porjonto valo vabe game khelte parlei hoy.
      • ISP:
      • SMILE
      • Download Speed:
      • 30-35 kBps normal and 200kBps-7MBps from local torrents.
      • Upload Speed:
      • 30-40 kBps normal and 150-500 kBps from local torrents
      • Console:
      • 9
    Rumen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Azimpur
    Posts
    2,223

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by tin.man072 View Post
    How much will the Slim 360 cost me, any idea?
    Also, can I connect the 360 to my CRT VGA monitor and play there instead of TV?
    Right now I can buy the fat 360(elite,black)....but if it is worth the wait for the Slim.....
    then....ill wait.....
    Yes u can play by ur CRT monitor but u have to need a TV card for that.

    Anywhere Anytime Anytask
    Nothing but Excellence

  5. #5
    Member
    • NahyaN's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3/ Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-1 Chassis
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 with Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • TeamElite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB (Primary)/ WD Caviar Green 2 TB (Storage)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19 Inch LED Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • AudioTechnica ATH-M40X
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech Multimedia Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • XBox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 550w
      • Optical Drive:
      • LiteOn DVD-RW 22X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 250GB Portable HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Seren1ty gets the job done. Period.
      • ISP:
      • Earth Telecommunications
      • Download Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
    NahyaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Can't I directly hook up the monitor to the Xbox?
    Slim 360 price, a guess maybe?
    I know the elite has an hdmi port.....
    Is it possible to use some sort of hdmi-vga converter and then play on monitor, and put the PC out of the equation?

  6. #6
    Member
    • ЯV●shafiee007's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • eVGA X58 SLI Micro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz L3 8MB cache Quad Core
      • RAM:
      • 3x2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 Tripple channel (8-8-8-24)
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1.5TB WD Caviar Black + 250GB Samsung HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire ATI 5870 1GB GDDR5 256-bit PCI-e
      • Display:
      • ASUS 21.5" VH222H HDMI
      • Sound Card:
      • Built-in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Steelseries Siberia with 7.1 USB sound card, Altec Lansing 2.1
      • Keyboard:
      • Steelseries MERC Stealth
      • Mouse:
      • Razer - DeathAdder
      • Controller:
      • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel, Xbox360 controller, Genius Maxfire G-12U, Creative Cobra 2, XFX Xgear
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair TX750
      • Optical Drive:
      • Lite-on SATA DVD writer
      • UPS:
      • iNeat 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit
      • Comment:
      • It's great... but my consoles are much better !
      • ISP:
      • Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • 170KBps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 100KBps
      • Console:
      • 18
    ЯV●shafiee007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pit Stop
    Posts
    8,161

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    I think there's a cable for it ... you won't be needing any TV card ... my cousin uses one.

    Red ViperZ---ЯV●shafiee007

  7. #7
    Member
    • codename5302's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X99-UD5 Wifi
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5820K cooled by Custom Water Cooling
      • RAM:
      • 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung SM951 250GB, Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB, WD Red 6TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac 980Ti Amp Extreme
      • Display:
      • Iiyama Prolite XB2779QS, Acer GD245HQ 120Hz
      • Sound Card:
      • Fiio Andes E07K
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Z 5500/ Creative Aurvana Live/ Sennheiser HD558
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry Brown)
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500S, Perixx MX2000B, Logitech G400S
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft XBox 360 Controller, Saitek P2600
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair RM850
      • Optical Drive:
      • LG BluRay Drive, LG DVDRW Drive
      • UPS:
      • 2 * Prollink 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64Bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • ????
      • Comment:
      • It works!!
      • Console:
      • 154
    codename5302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,980

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by tin.man072 View Post
    How much will the Slim 360 cost me, any idea?
    Also, can I connect the 360 to my CRT VGA monitor and play there instead of TV?
    Right now I can buy the fat 360(elite,black)....but if it is worth the wait for the Slim.....
    then....ill wait.....
    you can connect xbox through VGA connector. MS sells it separately. i dont knw about other brands. but MS one is around 15 pounds. google it. but i am highly suspicious it is available in bagladesh.

  8. #8
    Member
    • NahyaN's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3/ Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-1 Chassis
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 with Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • TeamElite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB (Primary)/ WD Caviar Green 2 TB (Storage)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19 Inch LED Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • AudioTechnica ATH-M40X
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech Multimedia Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • XBox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 550w
      • Optical Drive:
      • LiteOn DVD-RW 22X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 250GB Portable HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Seren1ty gets the job done. Period.
      • ISP:
      • Earth Telecommunications
      • Download Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
    NahyaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ЯV●shafiee007 View Post
    I think there's a cable for it ... you won't be needing any TV card ... my cousin uses one.
    Then ill definitely look for it.......
    Ill go to Bashudhara City tomorrow, see whats available....if the Slim is within my budget I will wait ( as [email protected] suggested) ......for the mods to come.
    If not, then I might buy the 360 elite and start gaming.........
    PS. I have heard of the RROD.....if I ever get one am I eternally doomed
    Or can it be fixed in BD? Today in Plug and Play they told me they sell with no warranties for the 360.........

  9. #9

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by tin.man072 View Post
    Can't I directly hook up the monitor to the Xbox?
    Slim 360 price, a guess maybe?
    I know the elite has an hdmi port.....
    Is it possible to use some sort of hdmi-vga converter and then play on monitor, and put the PC out of the equation?
    Bro i don't know why pplz connect through tv cards, honestly it takes away the image quality. And there is a HDMI-VGA, and also if ur monitor is not HD u can just buy the VGA connector, i play on a bigger hd screen but i have a vga connector which was 1200tk but last i checked was it was 1000tk. And don't worry about the audio, just go to IDB and ask for a converter which is only 100tk depending on the length of the wire i guess.
    You may decide to buy the slim xbox or the elite its your choise, but let me confuse u a bit more. As slim is not yet mod able which people are saying will be, but even after it is modded it may have some issue you kno!! Don't know about the slim but the elite comes with the latest modd, so u just have to pay them the money, come back home, connect it and play play play.

  10. #10
    Member
    • NahyaN's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3/ Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-1 Chassis
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 with Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • TeamElite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB (Primary)/ WD Caviar Green 2 TB (Storage)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19 Inch LED Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • AudioTechnica ATH-M40X
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech Multimedia Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • XBox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 550w
      • Optical Drive:
      • LiteOn DVD-RW 22X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 250GB Portable HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Seren1ty gets the job done. Period.
      • ISP:
      • Earth Telecommunications
      • Download Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
    NahyaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by codename5302 View Post
    you can connect xbox through VGA connector. MS sells it separately. i dont knw about other brands. but MS one is around 15 pounds. google it. but i am highly suspicious it is available in bagladesh.
    So ill leave that in a worse case situation.....
    If all else fails..then my 10 year old sony TV willl do the job...........

  11. #11

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by tin.man072 View Post
    Then ill definitely look for it.......
    Ill go to Bashudhara City tomorrow, see whats available....if the Slim is within my budget I will wait ( as [email protected] suggested) ......for the mods to come.
    If not, then I might buy the 360 elite and start gaming.........
    PS. I have heard of the RROD.....if I ever get one am I eternally doomed
    Or can it be fixed in BD? Today in Plug and Play they told me they sell with no warranties for the 360.........
    Plug and play ki SAMIM vai-er donker kotha boltaso? R bd-te kono kisur-i warranties nai.

  12. #12
    Member
    • NahyaN's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3/ Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-1 Chassis
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 with Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • TeamElite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB (Primary)/ WD Caviar Green 2 TB (Storage)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19 Inch LED Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • AudioTechnica ATH-M40X
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech Multimedia Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • XBox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 550w
      • Optical Drive:
      • LiteOn DVD-RW 22X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 250GB Portable HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Seren1ty gets the job done. Period.
      • ISP:
      • Earth Telecommunications
      • Download Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
    NahyaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    Bro i don't know why pplz connect through tv cards, honestly it takes away the image quality. And there is a HDMI-VGA, and also if ur monitor is not HD u can just buy the VGA connector, i play on a bigger hd screen but i have a vga connector which was 1200tk but last i checked was it was 1000tk. And don't worry about the audio, just go to IDB and ask for a converter which is only 100tk depending on the length of the wire i guess.
    You may decide to buy the slim xbox or the elite its your choise, but let me confuse u a bit more. As slim is not yet mod able which people are saying will be, but even after it is modded it may have some issue you kno!! Don't know about the slim but the elite comes with the latest modd, so u just have to pay them the money, come back home, connect it and play play play.
    "and play play play"
    Advice taken......although heat and sound is quite an issue......

    ---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    Plug and play ki SAMIM vai-er donker kotha boltaso? R bd-te kono kisur-i warranties nai.
    At Rifles......
    the on the left not straight ahead......

  13. #13

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by codename5302 View Post
    you can connect xbox through VGA connector. MS sells it separately. i dont knw about other brands. but MS one is around 15 pounds. google it. but i am highly suspicious it is available in bagladesh.
    HMM the MS one is available here, cost around 1000tk now.

    ---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by tin.man072 View Post
    "and play play play"
    Advice taken......although heat and sound is quite an issue......

    ---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------



    At Rifles......
    the on the left not straight ahead......
    Hmm bro, samim vai is a very nice guy and he will serve u for the rest of his life. I buy xbox 360 games form him for only 180tk and some time less if i take like 4-5 disc. And you wont believe how cheap he sells things, i recommend buy whatever u need from him. If you need you can contact me and i will tell him to keep as less as possible . Jasper has no record of RROD yet after all these year, and it will not heat at all if u play from the hdd instead of from the disc.
    Last edited by muscle; January 15th, 2011 at 17:58.

  14. #14
    Member
    • codename5302's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X99-UD5 Wifi
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5820K cooled by Custom Water Cooling
      • RAM:
      • 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung SM951 250GB, Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB, WD Red 6TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac 980Ti Amp Extreme
      • Display:
      • Iiyama Prolite XB2779QS, Acer GD245HQ 120Hz
      • Sound Card:
      • Fiio Andes E07K
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Z 5500/ Creative Aurvana Live/ Sennheiser HD558
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry Brown)
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500S, Perixx MX2000B, Logitech G400S
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft XBox 360 Controller, Saitek P2600
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair RM850
      • Optical Drive:
      • LG BluRay Drive, LG DVDRW Drive
      • UPS:
      • 2 * Prollink 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64Bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • ????
      • Comment:
      • It works!!
      • Console:
      • 154
    codename5302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,980

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    [QUOTE=tin.man072;253841]"and play play play"
    Advice taken......although heat and sound is quite an issue......[COLOR="Silver"]

    just dont play for a long time. keep it in a well ventilated place. RROD wont trouble you. mine one is very old 120gb elite. i dont use it over extensive peroid of time. and using it more than 2 years. no probs. and i dont have sound issues as well. and be careful about pirated dvds. you will be safe.

  15. #15
    Member
    • NahyaN's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3/ Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-1 Chassis
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 with Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • TeamElite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB (Primary)/ WD Caviar Green 2 TB (Storage)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19 Inch LED Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • AudioTechnica ATH-M40X
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech Multimedia Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • XBox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 550w
      • Optical Drive:
      • LiteOn DVD-RW 22X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 250GB Portable HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Seren1ty gets the job done. Period.
      • ISP:
      • Earth Telecommunications
      • Download Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
    NahyaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    HMM the MS one is available here, cost around 1000tk now.

    ---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------


    Hmm bro, samim vai is a very nice guy and he will serve u for the rest of his life. I buy xbox 360 games form him for only 180tk and some time less if i take like 4-5 disc. And you wont believe how cheap he sells things, i recommend buy whatever u need from him. If you need you can contact me and i will tell him to keep as less as possible . Jasper has no record of RROD yet after all these year, and it will not heat at all if u play from the hdd instead of from the disc.
    Yes he already told me xbox games are at 180tk.
    thanks to the forum i've figured out what Jasper is............
    Ill look around the shops in Dhaka for another day and finally come to a decision.........
    thnx

    ---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

    [QUOTE=codename5302;253851]
    Quote Originally Posted by tin.man072 View Post
    "and play play play"
    Advice taken......although heat and sound is quite an issue......[COLOR="Silver"]

    just dont play for a long time. keep it in a well ventilated place. RROD wont trouble you. mine one is very old 120gb elite. i dont use it over extensive peroid of time. and using it more than 2 years. no probs. and i dont have sound issues as well. and be careful about pirated dvds. you will be safe.
    ok thnx for the advice....i have an old ps2....still works like a charm.....

  16. #16

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Oi junior listen to me. I am the guy with all the brilliance here so listen to me close, i can say all this as i got better experience in this the you . Always play games from the HDD, it will cause less heat, less noise, no graphics tearing due to scratched disc, less loading time blah blah blah. And try not to keep the disc inside when not playing, and keep it laying not standing, and keep it in a place where it can breath in and out 360 degree and away from any heat source like on the top of a TV.
    Now what i am going to say may sound weird but what i do is, when the xbox 360 is laying keep two dvd cover at the two side of the console so that the bottom middle of the console is not touching the ground and air can pass through. Its may not help that much but i try to keep my things at the safe side.

  17. #17
    Member
    • NahyaN's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3/ Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-1 Chassis
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 with Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • TeamElite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB (Primary)/ WD Caviar Green 2 TB (Storage)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19 Inch LED Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • AudioTechnica ATH-M40X
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech Multimedia Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • XBox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 550w
      • Optical Drive:
      • LiteOn DVD-RW 22X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 250GB Portable HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Seren1ty gets the job done. Period.
      • ISP:
      • Earth Telecommunications
      • Download Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
    NahyaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    Oi junior listen to me. I am the guy with all the brilliance here so listen to me close, i can say all this as i got better experience in this the you . Always play games from the HDD, it will cause less heat, less noise, no graphics tearing due to scratched disc, less loading time blah blah blah. And try not to keep the disc inside when not playing, and keep it laying not standing, and keep it in a place where it can breath in and out 360 degree and away from any heat source like on the top of a TV.
    Now what i am going to say may sound weird but what i do is, when the xbox 360 is laying keep two dvd cover at the two side of the console so that the bottom middle of the console is not touching the ground and air can pass through. Its may not help that much but i try to keep my things at the safe side.
    Playing from the hdd?
    Copy from DVD to hdd and then play from there?
    Did not understand........
    Dont exactly know how......
    Thnx for yur advice.....

  18. #18

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by tin.man072 View Post
    Playing from the hdd?
    Copy from DVD to hdd and then play from there?
    Did not understand........
    Dont exactly know how......
    Thnx for yur advice.....
    Bujsi, ur a total noob at this. You can play games direct from the disc, just insert the disc and start playing, this is a way. But the better way is, there is a option that says ''install game in HDD'' that means you can copy the game in hard disc and play. But, but, but there is always a but as you know, copying it in HDD doesn't mean you wont need the disc anymore, i mean you have to keep the disc inside but the disc wont spin, they made this ''copy to HDD'' option only for the loading time/graphics tearing/heating/noise reduction(well i don't know how the noise of a disc spinning disturbs the americans, when you are busy in listening to the game sounds). But any way i missed one thing>>> always turn off/on the console and eject the disc with the controller, its better not to touch the console.

  19. #19
    Banned
    • Rakin the Devil's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X58-USB3
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 920 cooled by TT Frio (Dual Fan)
      • RAM:
      • ADATA XPG 1600G Gaming Series Memory 2GB x2
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi 1TB 7200 Rpm
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Nvidia GTX 460 1GB DirectCu TOP SLi
      • Display:
      • Asus MS228H 21.5 LED Full HD 1080p
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Titanium X-Fi PCI-E Sound Baster
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative M4500 4:1 || A4tech HS-800 Gaming HP
      • Keyboard:
      • A4tech Gaming Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech X7 747H Gaming Mouse
      • Controller:
      • Xbox 360 Controller || Genius Speed Wheel 5 Pro
      • Power Supply:
      • TT Toughpower XT 775W & TT V6
      • Optical Drive:
      • BenQ 24x DVD-RW
      • UPS:
      • Powerpac 1200VA x2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 SP1 x64
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Check Links in Sig..
      • Comment:
      • This Monster will Kill any game thrown at it with stunning visuals & Frame Rates!!
      • ISP:
      • ADSL 1 MBPS line with TP-Link Lite-N router
      • Download Speed:
      • 140+
      • Upload Speed:
      • 50+

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mohammadpur
    Posts
    1,601

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Ami VGA/AVI cable use kori for my xbox but mind u u need to buy alot of converters for getting sound....the VGA cable = 1200tk (The original 1 the fake 1 is not gud) and converters = 150tk...also telll hakim vai to give lt+ in it.......

  20. #20
    Member
    • NahyaN's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3/ Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-1 Chassis
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 with Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • TeamElite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB (Primary)/ WD Caviar Green 2 TB (Storage)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19 Inch LED Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • AudioTechnica ATH-M40X
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech Multimedia Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • XBox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 550w
      • Optical Drive:
      • LiteOn DVD-RW 22X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 250GB Portable HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Seren1ty gets the job done. Period.
      • ISP:
      • Earth Telecommunications
      • Download Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
    NahyaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: My first XBox 360............Advice needed

    Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    Bujsi, ur a total noob at this. You can play games direct from the disc, just insert the disc and start playing, this is a way. But the better way is, there is a option that says ''install game in HDD'' that means you can copy the game in hard disc and play. But, but, but there is always a but as you know, copying it in HDD doesn't mean you wont need the disc anymore, i mean you have to keep the disc inside but the disc wont spin, they made this ''copy to HDD'' option only for the loading time/graphics tearing/heating/noise reduction(well i don't know how the noise of a disc spinning disturbs the americans, when you are busy in listening to the game sounds). But any way i missed one thing>>> always turn off/on the console and eject the disc with the controller, its better not to touch the console.
    Forgive my n00bnezz....
    The title of the thread was "My first XBox 360........."
    I really though it would be cool the have the xbox standing vertically on my desk....
    But since u put in strongly ill take care of it as much as possible....

    ---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by The [email protected] View Post
    Ami VGA/AVI cable use kori for my xbox but mind u u need to buy alot of converters for getting sound....the VGA cable = 1200tk (The original 1 the fake 1 is not gud) and converters = 150tk...also telll hakim vai to give lt+ in it.......
    Duly noted..........
    I like your sig.
    "(5)A laptop is not for gaming"
    Thats exactly how I play counterstrike at NSU........
    Last edited by NahyaN; January 16th, 2011 at 00:30.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Advice] Need help buying an Xbox 360 Slim
    By EaGL1337 in forum XBOX
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: July 5th, 2011, 16:48
  2. LCD tv needed,plz advice
    By Mohiuddin in forum Others PC Hardware
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2010, 19:29
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 24th, 2010, 03:15
  4. Replies: 38
    Last Post: July 5th, 2010, 21:34
  5. Need help, advice on buying xbox 360
    By shezad911 in forum XBOX
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 8th, 2009, 01:41

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.33352 seconds with 14 queries.