User Tag List

Thread: Need feedback on Doze Internet

Default Need feedback on Doze Internet

Hello guys.

Currently I am using Qubee 2MB/s in Kazipara Mirpur and looking for a faster option in the same price range (around 2500 BDT). I am interested in Doze Internet. They have been advertising in newspapers like prothom-alo quite frequently for the last few weeks.

They promise fiber-to-the-home connection anywhere in Dhaka and 10MB/s download speed, but with limited data. Their installation charge is very high. So before I take the plunge, I need some feedback from actual users.

Is there any user of that ISP in this forum? How's the overall experience - from installation to the after sales service?

Thanks in advance for your time.

• minitt's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 3200mhz White Led
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 (128GB) +1TB HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 780 With Titan HS
      • Display:
      • Samsung KS8000 55"
      • Sound Card:
      • On board
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Yamaha Reference Monitor
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G710+
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec HCG-620M Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Nai
      • UPS:
      • dont need 1
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Shaw Cable
      • Download Speed:
      • 94Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20mbps

stupidly expensive in my opinion. I also wanted to take their connection. Then i figured I need at least roughly 100GB+ bw in a month which will then cost me around 3K if i were to choose the 100GB pkg from them + the installation charge.

But then again they said 10mbps speed is dedicated but im yet to get a confirmation of the same from a current user as to whats the actual speed during off/on peak hours.

1. You are wrong about the mbps and MBps thing. Qubee is providing you 2mbps aka 256KB/s speed, Doze is gonna provide you 10mbps aka 1.25MB/s speed.
    2. About quality Qubee is better than Doze.
    3. If you really need to shift, better move to a good broadband ISP.
    4. Tell me your exact location in pm, will suggest you a few things.

Thanks a lot minitt and Aasifz. Yes, it is actually 2Mbps and 10Mbps. Small b instead of capital B :-)

Aasifz: Do you have any first hand experience with Doze? Please share.

I am actually paranoid about local broadband providers and skipping them altogether for the last 4-5 years. I am in Kazipara, about 500 meter west (inside road) of the bus stand. So the fiber has to go a long way if extended from the main road.

Doze Internet suits my need, but it seems there is hardly any real user review of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HakunaMatata View Post
    Thanks a lot minitt and Aasifz. Yes, it is actually 2Mbps and 10Mbps. Small b instead of capital B :-)

Aasifz: Do you have any first hand experience with Doze? Please share.

I am actually paranoid about local broadband providers and skipping them altogether for the last 4-5 years. I am in Kazipara, about 500 meter west (inside road) of the bus stand. So the fiber has to go a long way if extended from the main road.

Doze Internet suits my need, but it seems there is hardly any real user review of it.
    Yes, I have, Sharing you the basic things. They are mostly baridhara/gulshan area based ISP, if you take their connection in kazipara, they will get fiber connection from the closest pop or noc to your home and set it up with a mc, that means your are getting fiber but not to your pc, as you don't have the fiber port in your pc. Now suppose if any device problem occurs in your area they will take time to repair, where local isps would solve the probs within 30mins only.
    About bw quality- they are not connected to bdix directly but through IIG, and about IIG they have only two of them, where qubee has connection from 5 of the most powerful IIGs in BD.
    About broadband service you will have some probs occasionally but the local ISPs tend to solve them faster.
    Also about the fiber, They have a hidden policy, like they'll only bear the cost a limited amount of fiber cable if it needs more than that to get into your home then you have to pay for the rest.

Still I will suggest you to go for the local isp if you really need to shift.

• Dracu_JeF's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel HM65
      • CPU:
      • core i5-2410M @2.30GHz
      • RAM:
      • 2GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Intel HD Graphics 3000, Nvidia GT 410M
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Comment:
      • It's a crappy lappy ~
      • ISP:
      • Dhakacom
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

off topic : How is the service of qubee now a days?

Quote Originally Posted by Aasifz View Post
    Yes, I have, Sharing you the basic things. They are mostly baridhara/gulshan area based ISP, if you take their connection in kazipara, they will get fiber connection from the closest pop or noc to your home and set it up with a mc, that means your are getting fiber but not to your pc, as you don't have the fiber port in your pc. Now suppose if any device problem occurs in your area they will take time to repair, where local isps would solve the probs within 30mins only.
    About bw quality- they are not connected to bdix directly but through IIG, and about IIG they have only two of them, where qubee has connection from 5 of the most powerful IIGs in BD.
    About broadband service you will have some probs occasionally but the local ISPs tend to solve them faster.
    Also about the fiber, They have a hidden policy, like they'll only bear the cost a limited amount of fiber cable if it needs more than that to get into your home then you have to pay for the rest.

Still I will suggest you to go for the local isp if you really need to shift.
    Thanks Aasifz. I thought Doze Internet uses ONU (optical network unit) at the customer's end to facilitate the connection. Not sure though.

Feedback from other members will be highly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracu_JeF View Post
    off topic : How is the service of qubee now a days?
    Qubee is good for stability, uptime, professional customer care. Easy bill payment through online banking. No restrictions on torrents. They are offering extra data for users almost every month. Night data count as half. As an Ace (old) member, I get double speed (2Mbps) for 1Mbps price.

At the same time, Qubee is bad for latency. I am not into gaming, but video streaming is bad with them. I get better streaming quality with 1Mbps Grameenphone 3G than what I get with 2Mbps Qubee connection. They offer limited data (FUP). Expensive compared to local broadband providers.

• Dracu_JeF's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel HM65
      • CPU:
      • core i5-2410M @2.30GHz
      • RAM:
      • 2GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Intel HD Graphics 3000, Nvidia GT 410M
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Comment:
      • It's a crappy lappy ~
      • ISP:
      • Dhakacom
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by HakunaMatata View Post
    Qubee is good for stability, uptime, professional customer care. Easy bill payment through online banking. No restrictions on torrents. They are offering extra data for users almost every month. Night data count as half. As an Ace (old) member, I get double speed (2Mbps) for 1Mbps price.

At the same time, Qubee is bad for latency. I am not into gaming, but video streaming is bad with them. I get better streaming quality with 1Mbps Grameenphone 3G than what I get with 2Mbps Qubee connection. They offer limited data (FUP). Expensive compared to local broadband providers.

Ah, I know all about that. I was a qubee user myself for about 3 years, before taking a connection from a local broadband which was utter crap (never gonna take connection from a local isp again =_= ).
    The reason I was asking about that is because I've heard that at present, qubee isn't as stable as before. Some were saying they sometimes faces frequent disconnection issues and stuffs.
    Anyway, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracu_JeF View Post
    Ah, I know all about that. I was a qubee user myself for about 3 years, before taking a connection from a local broadband which was utter crap (never gonna take connection from a local isp again =_= ).
    The reason I was asking about that is because I've heard that at present, qubee isn't as stable as before. Some were saying they sometimes faces frequent disconnection issues and stuffs.
    Anyway, thanks.
    Well, I have not experienced any drop in the quality with Qubee in the last few years.

Still looking forward to user review of Doze. I am starting to think they are finding it hard to get early adopters.