User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Cooler Master Jetflow 120

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    ダッカ, Bangladesh
    Posts
    9

    Default Cooler Master Jetflow 120

    কেও কি এই Cooler Master JetFlow 120 ফ্যান টা ব্যাবহার করেন?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R4JFNP20PKR1.jpg 
Views:	1666 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	35542

    আমার একটা প্রশ্ন ছিল? এটা নাকি ৪ পিনের কানেক্টর। কিন্তু আমার মাদারবোর্ড এ শুধু ১টি ৪পিনের কানেক্টর আছে CPU এর ফ্যান এর জন্য। সাথে নাকি কোন MOLEX কনভার্টার দেয়া নাই। তাহলে এটা কিভাবে ব্যাবহার করা যায়। বাজারে কি ৪পিন থেকে ৪পিন মলেক্স কানেক্টর পাওয়া যাবে? ধন্যবাদ।

  2. #2
    Member
    • MusharratC's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 990FXA G65
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300 w/ CM Hyper 212X
      • RAM:
      • 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1866MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 840 Evo 250GB+WD Blue 1TB SATA3
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 OC
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Prachin JVC UX T1
      • Keyboard:
      • Havit something-something-don't-care
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech g403, Mionix Naos 7000, Bloody v3
      • Controller:
      • Almost ashol xb360c, Tepmara v2.1
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD RW
      • UPS:
      • Dead Powertree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview
      • Comment:
      • An ALMOST decent rig!
      • ISP:
      • Evergreen Online Ltd.
    MusharratC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadabaz View Post
    কেও কি এই Cooler Master JetFlow 120 ফ্যান টা ব্যাবহার করেন?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R4JFNP20PKR1.jpg 
Views:	1666 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	35542

    আমার একটা প্রশ্ন ছিল? এটা নাকি ৪ পিনের কানেক্টর। কিন্তু আমার মাদারবোর্ড এ শুধু ১টি ৪পিনের কানেক্টর আছে CPU এর ফ্যান এর জন্য। সাথে নাকি কোন MOLEX কনভার্টার দেয়া নাই। তাহলে এটা কিভাবে ব্যাবহার করা যায়। বাজারে কি ৪পিন থেকে ৪পিন মলেক্স কানেক্টর পাওয়া যাবে? ধন্যবাদ।

    If u haven't bought it yet I'd say go with SickleFlowX. Same airflow just not PWM. and there should be a molex-to-4 pin converter included with the fan.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    ダッカ, Bangladesh
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusharratC View Post
    If u haven't bought it yet I'd say go with SickleFlowX. Same airflow just not PWM. and there should be a molex-to-4 pin converter included with the fan.
    But in the website they said JetFlow has 95cfm where SickleFlow has only 70cfm. But JetFlow is very noisy.

  4. #4
    Member
    • Swapnil's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz Turbo
      • RAM:
      • 16 (4x4) GB TwinMOS DDR3 1333MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 160GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K160, 1TB WD Caviar Blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 550-TI
      • Display:
      • 20inch 900p LCD (Samsung SyncMaster P2050)
      • Sound Card:
      • ASUS Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH750DJ / JVC-HAS400B
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt eSPORTS Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic M12II-750 EVO
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW-24B3ST crossflashed to LiteON iHAS-524B
      • USB Devices:
      • Do pendrives count?
      • UPS:
      • PowerTree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Old, but works.
      • ISP:
      • Plusnet Inc.
      • Download Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
    Swapnil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chittagong
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusharratC View Post
    If u haven't bought it yet I'd say go with SickleFlowX. Same airflow just not PWM. and there should be a molex-to-4 pin converter included with the fan.
    Are you sure about the same CFM? All the reviews I've read about these two, everyone stated that Jetflo pulls 90-100 CFM easily at full speed (2000 RPM) where sicleflow struggles to reach 50+ at full speed (1600 RPM). And I'm talking about reviews that actually tested the fans.

    And to OP, Molex converters are your solution, but it is hard to find in BD. If you are brave enough you can try to splice some wires from the red/yellow and black wires of the fan to the yellow and black wire of your PSU. A note though, if you run these fans from PSU they will run at full 2000 RPM speed, move a ton of air and will be very noisy. That's why these fans are always recommended to be either run with a 4pin connector on motherboard so that you can reduce the speed. You can also use the included low speed adapters when connecting to PSU.

    If you go to the splicing method, refer to this picture for the ground and 12volt power lines if you cannot see the color of the wires.

    Name:  4wirefanconn.png
Views: 350
Size:  1.3 KB

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also if you are uncomfortable in cutting the fan wires, and can do some soldering (either yourself or by help of someone) you can make a ghetto fan hub with a stripboard/vero board, few male pin headers and a molex connector from some cheap old 80mm fans. Thats what I plan to do to connect 4 jetflo's in my system.

  5. #5
    Member
    • MusharratC's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 990FXA G65
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300 w/ CM Hyper 212X
      • RAM:
      • 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1866MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 840 Evo 250GB+WD Blue 1TB SATA3
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 OC
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Prachin JVC UX T1
      • Keyboard:
      • Havit something-something-don't-care
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech g403, Mionix Naos 7000, Bloody v3
      • Controller:
      • Almost ashol xb360c, Tepmara v2.1
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD RW
      • UPS:
      • Dead Powertree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview
      • Comment:
      • An ALMOST decent rig!
      • ISP:
      • Evergreen Online Ltd.
    MusharratC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swapnil View Post
    Are you sure about the same CFM? All the reviews I've read about these two, everyone stated that Jetflo pulls 90-100 CFM easily at full speed (2000 RPM) where sicleflow struggles to reach 50+ at full speed (1600 RPM). And I'm talking about reviews that actually tested the fans.

    And to OP, Molex converters are your solution, but it is hard to find in BD. If you are brave enough you can try to splice some wires from the red/yellow and black wires of the fan to the yellow and black wire of your PSU. A note though, if you run these fans from PSU they will run at full 2000 RPM speed, move a ton of air and will be very noisy. That's why these fans are always recommended to be either run with a 4pin connector on motherboard so that you can reduce the speed. You can also use the included low speed adapters when connecting to PSU.

    If you go to the splicing method, refer to this picture for the ground and 12volt power lines if you cannot see the color of the wires.

    Name:  4wirefanconn.png
Views: 350
Size:  1.3 KB

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also if you are uncomfortable in cutting the fan wires, and can do some soldering (either yourself or by help of someone) you can make a ghetto fan hub with a stripboard/vero board, few male pin headers and a molex connector from some cheap old 80mm fans. Thats what I plan to do to connect 4 jetflo's in my system.
    I'm talking about the sickleflowx variant not the sickleflow. Have 3 of them and they claim 95 cfm on the pack although it is true that in reality the claim might not be 100% true. They also had molex to 3 pin converter included in the pack.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    ダッカ, Bangladesh
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusharratC View Post
    I'm talking about the sickleflowx variant not the sickleflow. Have 3 of them and they claim 95 cfm on the pack although it is true that in reality the claim might not be 100% true. They also had molex to 3 pin converter included in the pack.
    Oh, sorry, I didn't saw clearly. But SickleflowX to paoa jay na BD te as far as I know. How do you manage 3 of them?

  7. #7
    Member
    • Swapnil's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz Turbo
      • RAM:
      • 16 (4x4) GB TwinMOS DDR3 1333MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 160GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K160, 1TB WD Caviar Blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 550-TI
      • Display:
      • 20inch 900p LCD (Samsung SyncMaster P2050)
      • Sound Card:
      • ASUS Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH750DJ / JVC-HAS400B
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt eSPORTS Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic M12II-750 EVO
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW-24B3ST crossflashed to LiteON iHAS-524B
      • USB Devices:
      • Do pendrives count?
      • UPS:
      • PowerTree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Old, but works.
      • ISP:
      • Plusnet Inc.
      • Download Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
    Swapnil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chittagong
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusharratC View Post
    I'm talking about the sickleflowx variant not the sickleflow. Have 3 of them and they claim 95 cfm on the pack although it is true that in reality the claim might not be 100% true. They also had molex to 3 pin converter included in the pack.
    Sorry, I missed the X in your post. Then you are correct, that one is also 2000 RPM, although that blade design is a little bit less efficient than the jetflo. SickleFlowX would be more suitable for being run directly from the PSU. JetFlo and XtraFlo are good only if you have PWM control.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    ダッカ, Bangladesh
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swapnil View Post
    Name:  4wirefanconn.png
Views: 350
Size:  1.3 KB

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also if you are uncomfortable in cutting the fan wires, and can do some soldering (either yourself or by help of someone) you can make a ghetto fan hub with a stripboard/vero board, few male pin headers and a molex connector from some cheap old 80mm fans. Thats what I plan to do to connect 4 jetflo's in my system.
    Can you help me to make a 4pin to molex converter? I'm not uncomfortable to cut wires. Also please chek your inbox. I've sent a PM.

  9. #9
    Member
    • Swapnil's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz Turbo
      • RAM:
      • 16 (4x4) GB TwinMOS DDR3 1333MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 160GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K160, 1TB WD Caviar Blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 550-TI
      • Display:
      • 20inch 900p LCD (Samsung SyncMaster P2050)
      • Sound Card:
      • ASUS Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH750DJ / JVC-HAS400B
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt eSPORTS Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic M12II-750 EVO
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW-24B3ST crossflashed to LiteON iHAS-524B
      • USB Devices:
      • Do pendrives count?
      • UPS:
      • PowerTree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Old, but works.
      • ISP:
      • Plusnet Inc.
      • Download Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
    Swapnil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chittagong
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    But I might add something, original SickleFlow had bad reputation for not matching their spec in real world performance. The SickleFlowX is a higher RPM and better bearing version with original blade design. Jetflo's blades were redesigned to keep the spec to rpm ratio proper on full range. Cooler master's official rep on the overclock.net forum has stated that the JetFlo's real world performance matches the spec more than sickleflow. And more interestingly, cooler master's official website ommits the CFM rating for sickleflow/sickleflowX specs.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    • minitt's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 3200mhz White Led
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 (128GB) +1TB HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 780 With Titan HS
      • Display:
      • Samsung KS8000 55"
      • Sound Card:
      • On board
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Yamaha Reference Monitor
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G710+
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec HCG-620M Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Nai
      • UPS:
      • dont need 1
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Shaw Cable
      • Download Speed:
      • 94Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20mbps
    minitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    dhaka
    Posts
    4,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadabaz View Post
    কেও কি এই Cooler Master JetFlow 120 ফ্যান টা ব্যাবহার করেন?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R4JFNP20PKR1.jpg 
Views:	1666 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	35542

    আমার একটা প্রশ্ন ছিল? এটা নাকি ৪ পিনের কানেক্টর। কিন্তু আমার মাদারবোর্ড এ শুধু ১টি ৪পিনের কানেক্টর আছে CPU এর ফ্যান এর জন্য। সাথে নাকি কোন MOLEX কনভার্টার দেয়া নাই। তাহলে এটা কিভাবে ব্যাবহার করা যায়। বাজারে কি ৪পিন থেকে ৪পিন মলেক্স কানেক্টর পাওয়া যাবে? ধন্যবাদ।
    I bought 4 of these from a BD shop and had issues. The shop owner was forced by CM US for a refund or exchange and i took the exchange offer.
    The kind of support that I had received from CM was ironically strong considering I bought those fans from BD.

  11. #11
    Member
    • Swapnil's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz Turbo
      • RAM:
      • 16 (4x4) GB TwinMOS DDR3 1333MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 160GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K160, 1TB WD Caviar Blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 550-TI
      • Display:
      • 20inch 900p LCD (Samsung SyncMaster P2050)
      • Sound Card:
      • ASUS Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH750DJ / JVC-HAS400B
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt eSPORTS Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic M12II-750 EVO
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW-24B3ST crossflashed to LiteON iHAS-524B
      • USB Devices:
      • Do pendrives count?
      • UPS:
      • PowerTree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Old, but works.
      • ISP:
      • Plusnet Inc.
      • Download Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
    Swapnil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chittagong
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minitt View Post
    I bought 4 of these from a BD shop and had issues. The shop owner was forced by CM US for a refund or exchange and i took the exchange offer.
    The kind of support that I had received from CM was ironically strong considering I bought those fans from BD.
    Can you tell me what kind of issues you had? I'm curious because I'm also thinking of buying 4 of them.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    ダッカ, Bangladesh
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Does Binary Logic has Sickleflow "X", I saw that they have only sickleflow on their website. How about I run JetFlow constantly at 1600RPM with converter so I get good airflow and acceptable noise. Do you think I will get 70cfm at 1600RPM?

  13. #13
    Moderator
    • minitt's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 3200mhz White Led
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 (128GB) +1TB HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 780 With Titan HS
      • Display:
      • Samsung KS8000 55"
      • Sound Card:
      • On board
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Yamaha Reference Monitor
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G710+
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec HCG-620M Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Nai
      • UPS:
      • dont need 1
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Shaw Cable
      • Download Speed:
      • 94Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20mbps
    minitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    dhaka
    Posts
    4,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swapnil View Post
    Can you tell me what kind of issues you had? I'm curious because I'm also thinking of buying 4 of them.
    oil was leaking from the central hub. Apart from this issue, these are really strong fans with high flow.

    I have plans to buy them again.

  14. #14
    Member
    • MusharratC's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 990FXA G65
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300 w/ CM Hyper 212X
      • RAM:
      • 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1866MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 840 Evo 250GB+WD Blue 1TB SATA3
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 OC
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Prachin JVC UX T1
      • Keyboard:
      • Havit something-something-don't-care
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech g403, Mionix Naos 7000, Bloody v3
      • Controller:
      • Almost ashol xb360c, Tepmara v2.1
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD RW
      • UPS:
      • Dead Powertree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview
      • Comment:
      • An ALMOST decent rig!
      • ISP:
      • Evergreen Online Ltd.
    MusharratC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadabaz View Post
    Does Binary Logic has Sickleflow "X", I saw that they have only sickleflow on their website. How about I run JetFlow constantly at 1600RPM with converter so I get good airflow and acceptable noise. Do you think I will get 70cfm at 1600RPM?
    Got them from binary logic. Ora sickeflowx kei sickleflow likhse. if u don't need pwm these are pretty good choice.

  15. #15
    Member
    • Swapnil's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz Turbo
      • RAM:
      • 16 (4x4) GB TwinMOS DDR3 1333MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 160GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K160, 1TB WD Caviar Blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 550-TI
      • Display:
      • 20inch 900p LCD (Samsung SyncMaster P2050)
      • Sound Card:
      • ASUS Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH750DJ / JVC-HAS400B
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt eSPORTS Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic M12II-750 EVO
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW-24B3ST crossflashed to LiteON iHAS-524B
      • USB Devices:
      • Do pendrives count?
      • UPS:
      • PowerTree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Old, but works.
      • ISP:
      • Plusnet Inc.
      • Download Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
    Swapnil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chittagong
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minitt View Post
    oil was leaking from the central hub. Apart from this issue, these are really strong fans with high flow.

    I have plans to buy them again.
    So, the oil leaking rumor I heard is actually true . But I plan to use them as front panel and side panel intake, shouldn't be much problem, right? What I've heard is that they use excess oil on the bearing that leaks out. Actual POM material inside the sealed chamber doesn't need that excess oil. But someone from ROG forum claimed his GPU got burnt because of the leaked oil pooling on the PCI-E socket.

  16. #16
    Member
    • @bhi's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k
      • RAM:
      • Samsung 30nm 2x4GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD10EZEX 1 TB + Seagate 120GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte HD7950 3GB WF3
      • Display:
      • Samsung 20" LED BX-2035
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative SoundBlaster Z
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab Solo 7C
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K-120
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech mx518
      • Controller:
      • XBOX 360 wireless controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic X-650 km3 80+ Gold
      • UPS:
      • Luminous Solo 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 512kbps
      • Download Speed:
      • ~60
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~55
    @bhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    On My Chair
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    sickleflowX 95 cfm is not really valid in real life.
    totally marketing gimmick.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    ダッカ, Bangladesh
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swapnil View Post
    So, the oil leaking rumor I heard is actually true . But I plan to use them as front panel and side panel intake, shouldn't be much problem, right? What I've heard is that they use excess oil on the bearing that leaks out. Actual POM material inside the sealed chamber doesn't need that excess oil. But someone from ROG forum claimed his GPU got burnt because of the leaked oil pooling on the PCI-E socket.
    I think if you use as a front intake, oil might get spread on your whole pc.

  18. #18
    Member
    • @bhi's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k
      • RAM:
      • Samsung 30nm 2x4GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD10EZEX 1 TB + Seagate 120GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte HD7950 3GB WF3
      • Display:
      • Samsung 20" LED BX-2035
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative SoundBlaster Z
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab Solo 7C
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K-120
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech mx518
      • Controller:
      • XBOX 360 wireless controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic X-650 km3 80+ Gold
      • UPS:
      • Luminous Solo 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 512kbps
      • Download Speed:
      • ~60
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~55
    @bhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    On My Chair
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minitt View Post
    I bought 4 of these from a BD shop and had issues. The shop owner was forced by CM US for a refund or exchange and i took the exchange offer.
    The kind of support that I had received from CM was ironically strong considering I bought those fans from BD.
    Which shop was that?

  19. #19
    Member
    • Swapnil's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz Turbo
      • RAM:
      • 16 (4x4) GB TwinMOS DDR3 1333MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 160GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K160, 1TB WD Caviar Blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 550-TI
      • Display:
      • 20inch 900p LCD (Samsung SyncMaster P2050)
      • Sound Card:
      • ASUS Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH750DJ / JVC-HAS400B
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt eSPORTS Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic M12II-750 EVO
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW-24B3ST crossflashed to LiteON iHAS-524B
      • USB Devices:
      • Do pendrives count?
      • UPS:
      • PowerTree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Old, but works.
      • ISP:
      • Plusnet Inc.
      • Download Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
    Swapnil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chittagong
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadabaz View Post
    I think if you use as a front intake, oil might get spread on your whole pc.
    From the pictures I've seen, the oil doesn't get sprayed with the flowing air. It gets sprayed on the outer ring of the fan for centrifugal force and then drips down. Maybe I'll get a little bit on the HDD cage, but I hope I won't get a pool of oil on any circuit board like GPU.

  20. #20
    Member
    • MusharratC's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 990FXA G65
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300 w/ CM Hyper 212X
      • RAM:
      • 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1866MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 840 Evo 250GB+WD Blue 1TB SATA3
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 OC
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Prachin JVC UX T1
      • Keyboard:
      • Havit something-something-don't-care
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech g403, Mionix Naos 7000, Bloody v3
      • Controller:
      • Almost ashol xb360c, Tepmara v2.1
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD RW
      • UPS:
      • Dead Powertree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview
      • Comment:
      • An ALMOST decent rig!
      • ISP:
      • Evergreen Online Ltd.
    MusharratC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    745

    Default

    how long after using the jetflo does the oil leak? or does it keep leaking? maybe bleed in first and then use it. no worries of oil spreading on the inside of your case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 17th, 2014, 08:06
  2. Want to Buy 2nd hand Cooler master 1155 CPU Cooler
    By fahimspider in forum Shop - Gadgets
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 18th, 2013, 18:45
  3. Sale (New) Cooler Master Blade Master 120mm fan for sale
    By Dee in forum Shop - Gadgets
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 26th, 2012, 22:02
  4. Sale (Used) Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler
    By VIPERS in forum Shop - Gadgets
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: February 26th, 2012, 05:46
  5. Sale (New) Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cpu Cooler
    By EBL.Mantis in forum Shop - Gadgets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 10th, 2011, 20:44

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.32629 seconds with 15 queries.