User Tag List

Thread: Gaming system

Default Gaming system

I want to play high end games very much.At present I have Intel E5200 processor,Gigabyte G31 motherboard,2GB DDR2 ram,A Chinese 400watt PSU and my graphics card is dead you know.Now I have question about gaming for you.You see after every few months pc hardwares get upgraded with new features and at that time our hardwares don't stand up to those.But in console gaming things are different.Because all the games for consoles are optimized properly and they run without any problem.But there are problems for consoles as well.They can get broken and it's hard to get them fixed in Bangladesh and it can be costly.Secondly when the console gets broken completely you have to buy a new one.From the beginning I have played games in pc and all the games I have is for pc.When console becomes outdated with new ones how will I be able to play the old games?Please suggest me my head head is hurting thinking about all these.

Default Re: Gaming system

If u want ... what that said ? True ... 100% true gaming experience in this age. U must own all the platforms.
    1st PC, 2nd PS3, 3rd Xbox 360, 4th PS2 & 5th WII.

So IMO, u shouldn't leave PC in the first place. And then, if u want more.. then follow that serial .. PC > PS3 > Xbox 360 > PS2 > WII. (IMO)

• proton_chain's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • 4x4GB DDR3-1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 6.5TB (3TB+2TB+1TB+.5TB)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 4GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung Syncmaster 22 inch
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH440
      • Keyboard:
      • TT Challenger Pro
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech Bloody V3M
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower 600W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Sony Optiarc DVD burner
      • USB Devices:
      • Blue Yeti USB Microphone
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • 384 KB/s (day), 786 KB/s (night)
      • Upload Speed:
      • 384 KB/s (day), 786 KB/s (night)

Quote Originally Posted by sameev29 View Post
    I want to play high end games very much.
    PC is the only way to go then.

At present I have Intel E5200 processor,Gigabyte G31 motherboard,2GB DDR2 ram,A Chinese 400watt PSU and my graphics card is dead you know.
    I was not talking about this type of PC if you really want "high end" games

Now I have question about gaming for you.You see after every few months pc hardwares get upgraded with new features and at that time our hardwares don't stand up to those.
    PC gamers are well aware of this fact and this is the reason they have chosen PC gaming, always up to date with the latest technology available. If you can't, thats up to you. PC gaming is an expensive hobby.

But in console gaming things are different.Because all the games for consoles are optimized properly and they run without any problem.But there are problems for consoles as well.They can get broken and it's hard to get them fixed in Bangladesh and it can be costly.Secondly when the console gets broken completely you have to buy a new one.
    Consoles are for everyone, so there is SIGNIFICANTLY less trouble. A console-only gamer will become senseless if he practices PC gaming to its max. PC gaming equates to almost manual control over the game engine, while console minimizes it. So, it is a lot easier. In PC, you have to think about OS, drivers (version matters), in-game settings optimization, troubleshooting bla bla bla. In consoles, you plug it and play it, a 3 year old kid can do that. So, console devs optimize things properly so that they do not lose the huge market.

When console becomes outdated with new ones how will I be able to play the old games?Please suggest me my head head is hurting thinking about all these.
    Are you kidding? Consoles remain "up to date" for at least 10 years while PCs, at most, for a few months. This gives PC devs little time to understand the new hardware and lots of time to console devs to understand the same old console. If you still complain about it, you don't deserve to be in the 21st century.

You decide.
    Last edited by proton_chain; November 18th, 2010 at 22:03.

What if the console gets broken?

@ Proton_Chain, "Consoles remain "up to date" for at least 10 years"
    At least 10 years ?
    PS2 released in 2000, but is it the latest in Playstation universe ? Or every games releases for PS2 with 360/PS3 level of graphics ? :mellow:

@ Sameev, There's no unmixed goods on earth. Every thing has demerit(s) .. :mellow:

Quote Originally Posted by Rion a.k.a. PN View Post
    @ Proton_Chain, "Consoles remain "up to date" for at least 10 years"
    At least 10 years ?
    PS2 released in 2000, but is it the latest in Playstation universe ? Or every games releases for PS2 with 360/PS3 level of graphics ? :mellow:

@ Sameev, There's no unmixed goods on earth. Every thing has demerit(s) .. :mellow:

You are right but if it gets broken and can't be fixed then my gaming will stop.But another concern is when next console like Xbox 720 and Playstation 4 comes out older games will become unplayable.Another is what if the DVD drive of the console gets broken?

You are right but if it gets broken and can't be fixed then my gaming will stop.

But another concern is when next console like Xbox 720 and Playstation 4 comes out older games will become unplayable.

Another is what if the DVD drive of the console gets broken?
    True. :mellow:

Again true, most games. :mellow:

External DVD-ROM or BD-ROM kinte hobe I guess... :S
    But, kothai jani shunsilam je external ODD kaj kore na onek khettre.. :S