• 7.7 in Windows 7 Ultimate
      • ISP:
      • Link3 Technologies LTD.
      • Download Speed:
      • 1mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 1mbps

Default Sapphire 5770 Graphics issue

Hello everyone. 3 Days ago I bought a Sapphire HD5770 1gb gddr5 from ucc. My Current cofig is C2D E8400 3.0GHz, 2GB ddr2 ram, Intel DG31PR MB and Thermaltake TR2 500W Psu.. After installing the card, I noticed 2 problems. Theres a slight lag/sudden drop in fps while playing some games, game cholte cholte majhe majhe ektu atkay. Majhe majhe ektu ketey jay. Specially some old games like NFS mostwanted, TDU, css, and GTA4 EFLC eiguli te beshi bujha jay. On the other hand, in some new games like, Split second, blur, Mafia 2, Splinter Cell conviction, Grid(though this one is old) ei problem ta thakey na. I tried doing the following things>

1. Updated the Ati CCC to the latest one
    2. Re-Installed Windows 7
    3. Tried with different settings of catalyst A.I
    4. Different video/graphics settings

But still problem ta thekey jay. Need help!! L
    Another problem is, my cards default core clock is 850MHz and Memory clock is 1200MHz, yesterday I checked with both GPUz and MSI after burner , game khelar time e memory clock 1200mhz hoy but, Core Clock MAX 500MHz hoitese, er beshi jay na!! Idle obosthay core clock 157mhz and memory clock 300mhz. and core clock/memory clock fluctuate kortese game er time , idle and max er moddhe..this is weird. I tried to change the core clock to 852Mhz from msi afterburner, but the clock changed to 600Mhz only in games. Eita shob game ei same. Ei 2ta problem chara I didnt notice any other problem. Card er idle temp 46-51 degree and game khelar time e 56-61degree. max gese 66 degree in split second.. I really dont have much idea about these card stuffs, so need the PROs to reply back and help me. Please let me know if this is an issue with the card or some other settings? And I need to know the exact reason of why this thing is happening so that ucc te giye bolte pari

• proton_chain's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • 4x4GB DDR3-1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 6.5TB (3TB+2TB+1TB+.5TB)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 4GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung Syncmaster 22 inch
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH440
      • Keyboard:
      • TT Challenger Pro
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech Bloody V3M
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower 600W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Sony Optiarc DVD burner
      • USB Devices:
      • Blue Yeti USB Microphone
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • 384 KB/s (day), 786 KB/s (night)
      • Upload Speed:

Default Re: Sapphire 5770 Graphics issue

Quote Originally Posted by Allex View Post
    Hello everyone. 3 Days ago I bought a Sapphire HD5770 1gb gddr5 from ucc. My Current cofig is C2D E8400 3.0GHz, 2GB ddr2 ram, Intel DG31PR MB and Thermaltake TR2 500W Psu.. After installing the card, I noticed 2 problems. There’s a slight lag/sudden drop in fps while playing some games, game cholte cholte majhe majhe ektu atkay. Majhe majhe ektu ketey jay. Specially some old games like NFS mostwanted, TDU, css, and GTA4 EFLC eiguli te beshi bujha jay. On the other hand, in some new games like, Split second, blur, Mafia 2, Splinter Cell conviction, Grid(though this one is old) ei problem ta thakey na. I tried doing the following things>

1. Updated the Ati CCC to the latest one
    2. Re-Installed Windows 7
    3. Tried with different settings of catalyst A.I
    4. Different video/graphics settings

But still problem ta thekey jay. Need help!! L
    Another problem is, my card’s default core clock is 850MHz and Memory clock is 1200MHz, yesterday I checked with both GPUz and MSI after burner , game khelar time e memory clock 1200mhz hoy but, Core Clock MAX 500MHz hoitese, er beshi jay na!! Idle obosthay core clock 157mhz and memory clock 300mhz. and core clock/memory clock fluctuate kortese game er time , idle and max er moddhe..this is weird. I tried to change the core clock to 852Mhz from msi afterburner, but the clock changed to 600Mhz only in games. Eita shob game ei same. Ei 2ta problem chara I didn’t notice any other problem. Card er idle temp 46-51 degree and game khelar time e 56-61degree. max gese 66 degree in split second.. I really don’t have much idea about these card stuffs, so need the PROs to reply back and help me. Please let me know if this is an issue with the card or some other settings? And I need to know the exact reason of why this thing is happening so that ucc te giye bolte pari
    Step - 1: Before being sure... does your card have any 6-pin power connector and if there is any, is that connected properly?

Step - 2: Turn on Vsync. This should eradicate screen tearing and let you focus on the fps drops (if there is actually any). And try some other programs to monitor the clocks. Idle clock is OK. But load clock may not be. I heard some ATI 5xxx users complaining that their cards are failing to switch clocks. So, to be sure that is the case, use GPUz, MSI afterburner, ATI Tray Tools, ATI overdrive all at once to read clocks. Download Furmark and select a small window size (640x480) and run it. Running Furmark should trigger your card's 3D clocks (I mean they will run at maximum speed). If all of them reports your core to be running at 500 MHz, then it is a problem. Take it back to where you bought it from. These problems are not uncommon, and the companies are well aware of them.

Step - 3: You might also try manually setting the core clock to 850 MHz to see if that is stable. If it is, then you might not need to run to UCC. Instead, if you got the guts to do it, you may flash your BIOS to the correct clock. Problem solved. But before that, apply 850 MHz core through MSI Afterburner. If it doesn't go over a certain limit, then go to => %SystemRoot%\Program Files (x86 on x64 based OS)\MSI Afterburner\ and open MSIAfterburner.cfg with notepad. Then change the line "EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 0" to "EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 1" and save the file.
    It should remove the limits.
    Last edited by proton_chain; September 5th, 2010 at 13:05.

• 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K PRO
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q8400 OC @ 3.66 w/ Xigmatek Dark Knight
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 2*2gb DDR2 OC @ 901Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB F1 + 1TB F3 HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon HD5850 1GB GDDR5 OC @ 850/1200
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster T200 20" LCD (1680*1050)
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek ALC 883, 8 -Channel High-Definition Audio
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing VS4121 - 2.1 / SteelSeries Siberia
      • Keyboard:
      • A4tech Multimedia KBS-8
      • Mouse:
      • SteelSeries Xai w/ SteelSeries QCK Heavy
      • Controller:
      • Logic USB Dual Shock
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake TR2 500w w/ Thermaltake M5 Casing
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus SATA 18xMax DR
      • USB Devices:
      • Canon Pixma ip1000 (printer) | Transceed 8gb Pendive
      • UPS:
      • N/A Sad Case T_T
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 RTM 64Bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 3DMarkVantage (P 15427) (GPU 16717) (CPU 12528)
      • Comment:
      • <3 iT !
      • ISP:
      • Dhaka Fiber Net & ISpros
      • Download Speed:
      • 512kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 256kbps

Don't flash, warranty thakbe na ..
    ~It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

• proton_chain's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • 4x4GB DDR3-1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH440
      • Keyboard:
      • TT Challenger Pro
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech Bloody V3M
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by SHTN™ View Post
    Don't flash, warranty thakbe na ..
    I never told him "to flash" the BIOS. It was just an estimation. I told him to take the card back in "step 2", the idea of flashing was in "step 3". I showed him every possible way to get this problem over with.

Quote Originally Posted by proton_chain View Post
    Step - 1: Before being sure... does your card have any 6-pin power connector and if there is any, is that connected properly?

Step - 2: Turn on Vsync. This should eradicate screen tearing and let you focus on the fps drops (if there is actually any). And try some other programs to monitor the clocks. Idle clock is OK. But load clock may not be. I heard some ATI 5xxx users complaining that their cards are failing to switch clocks. So, to be sure that is the case, use GPUz, MSI afterburner, ATI Tray Tools, ATI overdrive all at once to read clocks. Download Furmark and select a small window size (640x480) and run it. Running Furmark should trigger your card's 3D clocks (I mean they will run at maximum speed). If all of them reports your core to be running at 500 MHz, then it is a problem. Take it back to where you bought it from. These problems are not uncommon, and the companies are well aware of them.

Step - 3: You might also try manually setting the core clock to 850 MHz to see if that is stable. If it is, then you might not need to run to UCC. Instead, if you got the guts to do it, you may flash your BIOS to the correct clock. Problem solved. But before that, apply 850 MHz core through MSI Afterburner. If it doesn't go over a certain limit, then go to => %SystemRoot%\Program Files (x86 on x64 based OS)\MSI Afterburner\ and open MSIAfterburner.cfg with notepad. Then change the line "EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 0" to "EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 1" and save the file.

• Nafis Iqbal's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2PV
      • CPU:
      • Intel 4th Gen Core i5 4570
      • RAM:
      • Twinmos 8GB DDR3 1600mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung F3 500GB Sata
      • Graphics Card:
      • SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 270 2GB GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Samsuing T200 20inch widescreen
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Value 7.1
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing VS4121 2.1
      • Keyboard:
      • A4tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech 2x click
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake TR2 500W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DVD-RW
      • UPS:
      • Micro 500VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 7.7 in Windows 7 Ultimate
      • ISP:
      • Link3 Technologies LTD.
      • Download Speed:
      • 1mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 1mbps

Quote Originally Posted by proton_chain View Post

yes there's a 6-pin connector and it is connected properly. and about the tearing, i turned on vsync, from the ccc and the game. turning it on from the ccc didn't work in mostwanted, so had to turn it on again from the game. there's actually no fps drop. maybe the problem i m having is called tearing, kata kata ashey. its just like the in online servers.

and i tested it on furmark, with everything on (msiafterburner, gpuz). both the clocks are stable(stock settings). but the core clock is stuck at 500MHz :s
    tried manually adjusting the core clock from afterburner but doesn't work. memory clock works fine, changing it to 1210 or 1160 keeps it stable exactly at that speed. but in the case of core clock, increasing or decreasing it makes it idle at 400MHz and shift to 600MHz at full load. so this makes it clear that changing the core clock speed doesn't really work in the card, it sets the value automatically.

i changed the psu with the card too, so can it be a problem with the thermaltake tr2 500W? or my motherboard?

• proton_chain's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • 4x4GB DDR3-1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH440
      • Keyboard:
      • TT Challenger Pro
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech Bloody V3M
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by Allex View Post
    yes there's a 6-pin connector and it is connected properly. and about the tearing, i turned on vsync, from the ccc and the game. turning it on from the ccc didn't work in mostwanted, so had to turn it on again from the game. there's actually no fps drop. maybe the problem i m having is called tearing, kata kata ashey. its just like the in online servers.

and i tested it on furmark, with everything on (msiafterburner, gpuz). both the clocks are stable(stock settings). but the core clock is stuck at 500MHz :s
    tried manually adjusting the core clock from afterburner but doesn't work. memory clock works fine, changing it to 1210 or 1160 keeps it stable exactly at that speed. but in the case of core clock, increasing or decreasing it makes it idle at 400MHz and shift to 600MHz at full load. so this makes it clear that changing the core clock speed doesn't really work in the card, it sets the value automatically.

i changed the psu with the card too, so can it be a problem with the thermaltake tr2 500W? or my motherboard?
    Do you have your old PSU (you said you have "changed") lying around? If yes, then plug in that PSU to your PC and your current PSU with the 5770 only. That way, you will eradicate all types of power limitations. If it still caps the core at 500 MHz under load, then its a faulty card/BIOS. You still have warranty. So, change that card.

There is also an unofficial way to get it over with, see "Step 3" in my first post. But that will void your warranty unless one customer care officer suggests you that. So, I can, under no circumstances, recommend flashing the BIOS. I would have done it, myself, if I were in that situation, but thats just me Forget it.

• Manzoor's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel PM45
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo [email protected]
      • RAM:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba 320GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI Radeon HD4570
      • Display:
      • 14" LCD @ 1366*768
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD Audio
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Built In
      • Keyboard:
      • Generic
      • Mouse:
      • Synaptics Multitouch Pad / A4 Tech XL-747H
      • Controller:
      • A cheapo Chinese one
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend StoreJet 80GB
      • UPS:
      • RahimAfrooz 1000VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 / Ubuntu 10.04
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Windows Experiance Index - 5.0 (Windows7)
      • Comment:
      • Toshiba L510-S4314
      • ISP:
      • Smile Silver
      • Download Speed:
      • 20~25Kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 10~15Kbps
      • Console:

I faced similar problem with my newly bought Gigabyte HD5870. It was running all the time on 3D clock not switching to 2D clock. A VGA BIOS update fixed this issue. As Gigabyte provides VGA BIOS and an utility to flash it on their site so it was safe and I didn't had to worry. See if Sapphire offers something similar. Otherwise Google around and if other people with your card facing similar prob. Flashing should be the last resort.

And looks like your motherboard is a little bit old. There might be a BIOS update for it too. Check that out.
    You never fail until you give up...

so allex, what is the situation now?

• Hamilton's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4770 3.9Ghz
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR3 1600hz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 256GB Adata SSD + 2TB WD Blue + 1TB Samsung
      • Graphics Card:
      • Nvidia GTX 1070 FE 8GB
      • Display:
      • Asus VS228N 21.5" Full HD.
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go PRO!
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Genius GS 500V/ Steeseries Siberia V2/ Logitech Ultimate Ears 200.
      • Keyboard:
      • Roccat Arvo
      • Mouse:
      • Steelseries Sensei/ Roccat Taito mTw
      • Controller:
      • 2 Gamepads with no Analog Stick/XBOX 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master GX 650W.
      • Optical Drive:
      • 500GB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7/ Linux
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 3DMARK Score, X2151.
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Smile, BD.COM
      • Download Speed:
      • 75KBPS(Variable)
      • Upload Speed:
      • 100+KBPS(Variable)

Quote Originally Posted by sayemcom View Post
    so allex, what is the situation now?
    card given to UCC for warranty.

• Reon's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS G-31
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo 2.8GHZ E7400
      • RAM:
      • 4gb Transcend 800MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320gb Samsung
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon HD 4770
      • Display:
      • Samsung Touch-e 19"...
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek 7.1
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative A200
      • Keyboard:
      • A4tech
      • Mouse:
      • Razer "Salmosa"
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake 400W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung Writemaster
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Windows 7 Bechmark at 5.7(everything above 7.2 except HDD)
      • Comment:
      • Playable
      • ISP:
      • Smile GOLD
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Im using a 5770 too...so far no problem...

me too.xfx non referenced which has a egg shaped cooler.a good card, but i expected more.akhon to mone hoy ati 5770 na kine gtx 460 kena better.its a shame that bd te akhono ase nai.