ubuntu!! help me
sory if im in wrong tread
i just installed ubuntu 10.04 and i dont know how to create a dial up connection
for it(well, i did try but i faild). im using a broad-band connection. so plz help me
Re: ubuntu!! help me
On the console or in your terminal session type:
A text-based menu program will guide you through the next steps, which are:
- Confirm that your Ethernet card is detected.
- Enter your username(provided by your ISP).
- Enter your password(provided by your ISP).
- If you already have a PPPoE Connection configured, you will be asked if it may be modified.
- Popular options: you are asked if you want the 'noauth' and 'defaultroute' options and to remove 'nodetach' - choose "Yes".
- Use peer DNS - choose "Yes".
- Limited MSS problem - choose "Yes".
- When you are asked if you want to connect at start up, you will probably want to say yes. (This option does not work) See the secton "Connecting on Boot"
- Finally you are asked if you want to establish the connection immediately.
Once you have finished these steps, your connection should be working.
Manual connection control [Dialing and Disconnecting]
To start your ADSL (To Dial) connection on demand, in a terminal type:
To stop your ADSL connection, in a terminal type:
in most cases, you can just type "poff" to stop the ADSL connection and unload the module.
Last edited by abir; August 23rd, 2010 at 22:16.
"Game after game after game, I realized what is most important of my life - FOOTBALL.."
I bleed red
, Man Utd 4ever..
অনেক দূরের একলা পথে, ক্লান্ত আমি ফিরি তোমার কাছে, মুখোশ খুলে বসে রই জানলার ধারে..
By abir in forum Software
Last Post: September 9th, 2010, 14:32
Last Post: December 17th, 2008, 21:04
By ABDmaster in forum Technical Support
Last Post: September 29th, 2008, 20:11
By abir in forum Miscellaneous Topics
Last Post: September 3rd, 2008, 22:38
Last Post: July 18th, 2008, 16:18
Tags for this Thread
Page generated in 0.16425 seconds with 14 queries.