User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many players per team would you like to see in Counter Strike Source?Give reasons

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll

6 26.09%

16 69.57%
  • Does it matter?

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Archives

Default Cyber Athletics - CS maps discussion

hahaha.... amio khelte pari not sure.. but map shomporke keu ki kisu janen?? i've heard from nafis that he heard from asif(cell) that he asked raziel bhai aka pain about this.. and he said that there will be dust dust2 cbble and chateau... but map selection khubi baje imo .. karon dust pura ct map.. cbbl o almost pura ct map.. ar chateau tou ...

Default Cyber Athletics - CS maps discussion

u can't have complains abt DUST! its played everywhere. and abt cbble and chateau : they chose this map proly bcuz they come with the original game w/o ne patch.

Quote Originally Posted by GG.AIM View Post
    u can't have complains abt DUST! its played everywhere. and abt cbble and chateau : they chose this map proly bcuz they come with the original game w/o ne patch.
    dust maybe played in pubs everywhere.. but dust isnt played in any tournaments anymore.. it used to be played.. and cbble also used to be played a lot.. but it isnt anymore.. or maybe at some tourneys.. but its rare really.. and i dont think i've seen chateau in any tournament beside this .. so.. =/ dust 2 is the only good choice imo.. they could have atleast added aztec instead of chateau ..

VIP Member
    • 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • RAM:
      • 3GB DDR II
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • 8600GT :(
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech
      • Controller:
      • Logitech RumblePad
      • ISP:
      • BDCom
      • Download Speed:
      • 20KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 3MB/s

Chateu was played in last years tourney organized by NSU, and it was final round map of that tourney.. but i really don't understand they had to pick dust !!!
    in place of cbble, there could have been some other choice...
    http://banglagamer.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1231856079

De_Aztec is a biased map, so I dont see any reason why people would want to play that map in a tournament game anyway. On the other hand, De_Chateau is a much better map so I don't see why anyone would complain.

Quote:Originally Posted by SHADOW ELEMENT
    De_Aztec is a biased map, so I dont see any reason why people would want to play that map in a tournament game anyway. On the other hand, De_Chateau is a much better map so I don't see why anyone would complain.

aye hay .. bole ki.. eikhane tou d2 chara shob e imbalanced.. ami first ei bollam.. baire khele hoilo d2 nuke inferno and train.. ar eikhane d2 chara baki shob ct sided map .. and chateau er a te janaly shob ct boshe thakle dhukben kemne? only 2 ways to go to a.. and only 2 ways to go to b.. jeikhane ct der onek beshi shubidha thake onek cover.. how is that balanced? atleast cbble and aztec WERE played in tourneys (abroad i mean) before.. so its more logical to include them..

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    nope.. :o BBC ki jinish ?? ar 6v6 er idea ke bair korse bujhlam na tou..
    We play CS before you guys even knew what CS was... and It doesnt matter if its 6v6 or 5v5.. If u know your that good then its 1 more extra frag for you to score...

If you really think you can win at dust with Terror.. then go for it... I would like to see your team play against us at dust when ur Terror.. and cbble and chateau are the most balanced map in CS aswell as dust2

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Quote:Originally Posted by SHADOW ELEMENT

aye hay .. bole ki.. eikhane tou d2 chara shob e imbalanced.. ami first ei bollam.. baire khele hoilo d2 nuke inferno and train.. ar eikhane d2 chara baki shob ct sided map .. and chateau er a te janaly shob ct boshe thakle dhukben kemne? only 2 ways to go to a.. and only 2 ways to go to b.. jeikhane ct der onek beshi shubidha thake onek cover.. how is that balanced? atleast cbble and aztec WERE played in tourneys (abroad i mean) before.. so its more logical to include them..
    aztec was also played in the first ever counter strike tourney here at bangladesh.. and it was the most biased of the tourney and it still is..

VIP Member
    • 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • RAM:
      • 3GB DDR II
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • 8600GT :(
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech
      • Controller:
      • Logitech RumblePad
      • ISP:
      • BDCom
      • Download Speed:
      • 20KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 3MB/s

there very interesting posts about cs!
    http://banglagamer.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1231856079

d2, inferno, train and nuke should be the maps for any CS tournament.

o....i didn't know dust isn't played ne more. btw, u get 2 play as both T n CT, so y bother?

Quote Originally Posted by shakib View Post
    We play CS before you guys even knew what CS was... and It doesnt matter if its 6v6 or 5v5.. If u know your that good then its 1 more extra frag for you to score...
    well of course.. you guys were the first cs players of bd.. we are new players.. but im saying it should be 5v5 because THATS how it is everywhere.. why should bd be any different?? for all i know we should always try to keep up with whats going on abroad (in gaming i mean) and every rule should be like the ones that are used in tourneys like CGS, CEVO, CPL (no longer exists afaik) and many many more that i dont know the name of.. so i think the maps should be the ones that are played in those tourneys and the format and server settings (like win limit,startmoney etc) should be one of the 2 (MR16 and MR10) used ..

Quote Originally Posted by shakib View Post
    aztec was also played in the first ever counter strike tourney here at bangladesh.. and it was the most biased of the tourney and it still is..
    i dont deny that aztec is biased.. but i think chateau and cbble are biased as well.. (although to some extent every de map is baised towards ct's as they get to defend) because if we compare these with the really balanced maps then they doesnt do so well.. for example in most cases the A site is easier to take fot t's and harder to defend for ct's and vice versa for the B site.. this is part of the design of the maps i think and it is because usually the B site has less entry points (like in d2 where there is actually only 1 .. you have to come through mid for the other entry which is ct territory).. but as a site is taken the roles usually get reversed as the t's are the ones who are defending now.. also there is the fact that the maps are made in a way that allow the ct's to get to the bomb site and the spots for defending them earlier than the t's.. but sometimes (like in B site d2) if the t's get a good spawn they might reach it sooner than the ct's which keeps things a bit interesting.. but at the least it should be made in such a way that the ct's dont have ages of time to settle down in a site.. but lets say in cbble the ct spawn itself is a bomb site and thus the ct's camping a get a hell lot of time to settle down... and in A site there are ONLY 2 entry points and in B ONLY 1 .. so taking B is MUCH MUCH tougher than other maps and its also ct awp heaven as there are very good spots to cover the ONLY entry point of B .. as for chateau in both the sites ct's have much better spots and lots of cover to dodge incoming flashes making it harder for the t's .. and in A site if the ct's are camping upstairs then i think only 2 good players are enough to hold on to a 5 man t rush of A .. and even if the t's somehow take the site they still cant get the same spots as cts (as opposed to d2, inferno etc etc) so the roles arent as reversed as it should be..

anyway.. i know you've been playing cs way longer than i have.. so pls dont think that i dont like what you say or anything like that.. its just my 2 cents..

o....i didn't know dust isn't played ne more. btw, u get 2 play as both T n CT, so y bother?
    well yes you do get to play both sides.. but suppose you play t side in dust first and get SHATTERED to 13-2 or something.. how will your morale be?? and the opposition only has to win 3 rounds and you have to win 14 .. so thats a big pressure imo which will affect your play ..

oh.. and i think this thread would be more appropriate in the cs section?

VIP Member
    • SinEater's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5K-VM
      • CPU:
      • Pentium E 2200
      • RAM:
      • 6 GB DDR2, 800 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500 GB + 500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • 450 GTX
      • Display:
      • Samsung 933SN LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek, integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • T6200 5.1
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Lycosa, Razer Arctosa
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Lachesis, Razer Death Adder L/H
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft SideWinder
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair 650 W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus Combo Drive
      • ISP:
      • Qubee 1mbps
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

I agree, please remove this thread to CS section.
    Click here to find out how a noob plays the Anti Mage

Honesty and Modesty were the best policy...they still are.
    A single stupid man can ask more questions than a thousand wise men can answer
    <nfs>.......for life..

SenSei
    • SenSeiFAR's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Satellite L505D-S5992
      • CPU:
      • AMD Turion II Dual Core
      • RAM:
      • DDR3 SD 3GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI Radeon 4200 graphics with shared memory
      • Display:
      • Toshiba 15.6 LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • SteelSeries Siberia USB Sound Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • SteelSeries Siberia In Ear / Razer Moray+
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K200
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Mamba
      • Controller:
      • Logitech RumblePad 2 (x2)
      • Power Supply:
      • No clue
      • Optical Drive:
      • San Disk 4 gb
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • ISP:
      • SBC [at&amp;t]
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Lightbulb CSS...lets do this the right way

Okay, now for months now, I have had one question on my mind, "Why the fcuk are people switching from CSS to DotA?", and the answer is simple, CSS, is a game, which means different to different level of players, I see n00bz in our pub in Uttara, they have so much fun, then I see the other player who learned stuff, and I see us. The thing is, CSS has a lifespan far superior to most games, because of the fact, that the guns, maps, and players you play with change the gameplay every time.

So my question is this, HAVE ANY OF YOU, OR MOST OF YOU, PLAYED MAPS SUCH AS:

DE_NUKE
    DE_TRAIN
    DE_INFERNO
    DE_PRODIGY
    DE_PIRANESI
    DE_PORT
    DE_CBBLE
    DE_CHATEU
    CS_ASSUALT
    CS_MILITIA
    CS_COMPOUND

Now, I know you REAL gamers have, but can you honestly say, you can play every map with the "pro tactics", and have confidence to go in tournament knowing it's these maps? It's sad how people play DE_DUST and DE_DUST 2, use the AK-47 and Colt (M4A1A) and say they mastered CSS and it's boring. I'd say it's pathetic, and let's face it, games come and go, like, sports games, FIFA 08, do you honestly think you will play FIFA 08 after this September? Or play CoD4 after this year? Do you still play UT, or CoD2, or even Warcraft 2? Pfft, CS is a game we shall always play, and anyone can enjoy, so please don't kill it, keep it the way it was suppose to be, fun for everyone in different ways. =].

So I propose, we make a SERVER in Dhaka ATLEAST, for CSS.
    AND that we have a LEAGUE of CSS, in some neutral place, coz tournaments are VERY biased and it's absured.

So as gamers we must take action before this "DotA" fad ruined the world of FPS gaming, where CS is the the Savior and Half Life is the GOD! =]

Its still based on personal choice, people tend to get bored and move around. No one said that only one game has to rule the scene. But dota is pathetic coz nothing else moves around when dota is there. No action, no strategy. Gone are the days when we used to play a bit of medal, then some generals, then some quake, etc.

What do you exactly mean by a CSS server? like on GG?

SenSei
    • SenSeiFAR's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Satellite L505D-S5992
      • CPU:
      • AMD Turion II Dual Core
      • RAM:
      • DDR3 SD 3GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI Radeon 4200 graphics with shared memory
      • Display:
      • Toshiba 15.6 LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • SteelSeries Siberia USB Sound Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • SteelSeries Siberia In Ear / Razer Moray+
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K200
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Mamba
      • Controller:
      • Logitech RumblePad 2 (x2)
      • Power Supply:
      • No clue
      • Optical Drive:
      • San Disk 4 gb
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • ISP:
      • SBC [at&amp;t]
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

WEll, GG is online, I wanted something more Inter Coty, like Vyrush suggested, but that's a dream, but I really think we should have a league. And yes, it is always personal preference, BUT, some stuff are true, like, until you master or know everything you shouldn't say you have, like most have. That is the arguement here, and I would say, DotA, may be annoying to me, but it's fun to those who play, but they insult CSS alot, which is disrespectful, and to be honest, we are still playing CSS tournaments, but DotA tournaments are rare. And CSO is coming soon, so there is more in store form valve. =P

• xk Raziel's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus 945
      • CPU:
      • P4 3GHz
      • RAM:
      • 3GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 60GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • 8800GTS
      • Display: