User Tag List

Thread: some general info regarding ps4

Default some general info regarding ps4

I dont have much idea about ps3 or ps4 and gaming console in general. But I am getting tired of upgrading my pc every now and then so thinking about getting a ps4. Can anyone please tell me how much cost is involved in getting a ps4 with a gaming monitor (which will not restrict my refresh rate to 60-70) along with all the other accessories. and how long can a ps4 compete with the gaming demands now a days. games are evolving so much and they are getting so high end soon ps4 will only be able to meet the minimum requirements and may not even meet that. so in that respect what time frame are we talking about for its longevity.

Thanks

• Sybaris Caesar's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DH61WW B3 Rev.
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 3.10 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 RPM
      • Graphics Card:
      • Leadtek Winfast GTX 560 ti 1GB GDDR5 822/1644/4008
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • Original Xbox 360 Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH222 22x DVD Writer
      • UPS:
      • Orlando 800va(packet e lekha apollo)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Upload Speed:
      • ∞

¤ Why buy a monitor which doesn't "restrict your refresh rate at 60-70 fps" when consoles generally produce only upto 60 hz and if graphics is beefed up it drops to 30.

¤ As impressive as the games list sound in consoles, most of them aren't backwards compatible. Meaning you buy a PS4 and you play PS4 games only. You can't play awesome(?) games of the last gen PS3.

¤ Unlike PCs, console multiplayer is closed behind a paywall. Meaning you have to dish out $50 and $60 every year for PS4 and Xbox One respectively.

¤ If you love FPS games you can't use the co-ordination and superb precision of the keyboard-mouse combo.

¤ You CAN play last gen games but have to fork out the $50 previously stated. But it's not physical as in you install it and then play. It's more like YouTube. The games are in a big server somewhere and the game is streamed to your PS4 which is online heavy. And in this country.....

¤ PS4 hasn't been hacked yet. So pirated games is a no! no! Therefore $60 per game and there's no Steam!?! So no humble bundle or anything.

¤ If money is the dust of your hands, why bother. Just ignore my such benevolent request to undeter you, a fellow kinship in your quest into doom and join the f3ggots that are crawling today on the face of this beautiful, graphically stunning and paywall-less earth like the buggy peasant glitches they REALLY are.

#PC_Master_Race
    @GHoST444

- - - Updated - - -

¤ Why buy a monitor which doesn't "restrict your refresh rate at 60-70 fps" when consoles generally produce only upto 60 hz and if graphics is beefed up it drops to 30.

¤ As impressive as the games list sound in consoles, most of them aren't backwards compatible. Meaning you buy a PS4 and you play PS4 games only. You can't play awesome(?) games of the last gen PS3.

¤ Unlike PCs, console multiplayer is closed behind a paywall. Meaning you have to dish out $50 and $60 every year for PS4 and Xbox One respectively.

¤ If you love FPS games you can't use the co-ordination and superb precision of the keyboard-mouse combo.

¤ You CAN play last gen games but have to fork out the $50 previously stated. But it's not physical as in you install it and then play. It's more like YouTube. The games are in a big server somewhere and the game is streamed to your PS4 which is online heavy. And in this country.....

¤ PS4 hasn't been hacked yet. So pirated games is a no! no! Therefore $60 per game and there's no Steam!?! So no humble bundle or anything.

¤ If money is the dust of your hands, why bother. Just ignore my such benevolent request to undeter you, a fellow kinship in your quest into doom and join the f3ggots that are crawling today on the face of this beautiful, graphically stunning and paywall-less earth like the buggy peasant glitches they REALLY are.

#PC_Master_Race
    @GHoST444

• MusharratC's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 990FXA G65
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300 w/ CM Hyper 212X
      • RAM:
      • 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1866MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 840 Evo 250GB+WD Blue 1TB SATA3
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 OC
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Prachin JVC UX T1
      • Keyboard:
      • Havit something-something-don't-care
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech g403, Mionix Naos 7000, Bloody v3
      • Controller:
      • Almost ashol xb360c, Tepmara v2.1
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD RW
      • UPS:
      • Dead Powertree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview
      • Comment:
      • An ALMOST decent rig!
      • ISP:
      • Evergreen Online Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybaris Ceaser View Post

#PC_Master_Race
    @GHoST444

- - - Updated - - -

#PC_Master_Race
    @GHoST444

Quote Originally Posted by Sybaris Ceaser View Post

#PC_Master_Race
    @GHoST444

- - - Updated - - -

#PC_Master_Race
    @GHoST444
    you really summed up all my concerns in one post. but since the start of 2014 i already spent 70k on new hardware for my current pc. and 50k in late 2012. S upgrading pc just for gaming is a pain in the arse too.
    but honestly my main concern is he part where i have to but every single game for 50-60 usd. that sucks. big time.
    and lastly I was talking to a guy few days ago and he said he gets 150-200 refresh rate in this gaming console. how is that possible then?

• NahyaN's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3/ Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-1 Chassis
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 with Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • TeamElite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB (Primary)/ WD Caviar Green 2 TB (Storage)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19 Inch LED Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • AudioTechnica ATH-M40X
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech Multimedia Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • XBox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 550w
      • Optical Drive:
      • LiteOn DVD-RW 22X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 250GB Portable HDD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Seren1ty gets the job done. Period.
      • ISP:
      • Earth Telecommunications
      • Download Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~2 Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by sunnynchelsea View Post
    you really summed up all my concerns in one post. but since the start of 2014 i already spent 70k on new hardware for my current pc. and 50k in late 2012. S upgrading pc just for gaming is a pain in the arse too.
    but honestly my main concern is he part where i have to but every single game for 50-60 usd. that sucks. big time.
    and lastly I was talking to a guy few days ago and he said he gets 150-200 refresh rate in this gaming console. how is that possible then?
    If you could post/update your gadgets list we could help you get the most out of your current system. If you have already spent 70k this year for PC upgrades,
    I doubt you will be needing to do any upgrades for at least another 3/4 years. This is assuming you are not upgrading in all the wrong places. Let us help.

I was talking to a guy few days ago and he said he gets 150-200 refresh rate in this gaming console. how is that possible then?
    That's probably BS.
    Last edited by NahyaN; December 10th, 2014 at 10:20.