It is really boring to connect your Internet connection every time you log in in windows 7 where you need to go all the way down to the Network and Security center (unless you have a shortcut at desktop).
So I was looking for a good software for Auto connecting my PPPOE Internet connection (Username password based dial up, what we use mostly) in windows 7.
I had two major demand:
* Auto connect at start up
* Continuous Auto redial upon disconnect
I failed to find a proper free software for this purpose, finally managed to do it with Windows 7 itself.
01. Go to control panel>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings
02. Right click your Internet Connection>Select Properties
03. Go to Options Tab>Under Dialing Options>
Uncheck "Prompt for name and password,certificate, etc"
04. Under Redialing Options>
Set Redial Attempts to 99
Set time between redial attempts to "as you see fit" (I choose 1 min),
Set Idle time before hanging up to Never
Check "Redial if line is dropped"
05. Press OK, if a notice pops, press OK again.
06. Right click your connection again, Select "Create Shortcut"
07. A window pops saying "Windows cant create a Shortcut here", select Yes.
08. Now you will see a Shortcut of your Internet Connection at Desktop, Cut it, and Paste into: Start>All Programs>Start Up.
You are done, next time you start your system, your Internet connection will be automatically connected without asking anything!!
Another less thing to do