yea after 65 hours of gaming GTAIV's main story mode is finished. No the game isnt 100% finished yet. I have finished roughly 70%. so what score would i give it ? 9.5
I 've played the game mostly in my PS3 but i've contributed some hours in 360 version too.
It's a great game but doesnt deserve 10 imho.
What I loved?
what i hated?
- cell phone (the game would take 2x more time to finish without it )
- new car physics and handling.
- the story.
- the main character. ( Niko Belic)
- the city.
- taxi ride. saves you from driving
- graphics that grows on you.
- autosave. no need to visit you house to save.
- radio stations
- tv stations( yes you can watch tv !! full screen in PS3 but not full screen in 360)
- bowling with motion sensing.
- choices within missions.
- alternative endings.
- shooting mechanism (although better than san andreas but it's not as good as say Uncharted)
- absence of airplanes. (helicopters are available. but no planes)
- excessive blur for distant objects
- special motion sensing actions for ps3. they dont work and/or needs too much practice.unlike uncharted. shame on u rockstar.
- some framerate problems. experienced ost during explosions and too big collisions.
- no way to wear seat belts lol. because if ur are going too fast and stop too quickly , the physics engine will take over and you will find yourself flying out of the windshield.
the story is very real and relevant. the story alone makes this game one of the best created. it's emotional and violent. there's love, betrayal, friendship, family and everything. the whole story is actually driven by love for friends and someone special. which is quite odd for GTA.
Socialization is a new aspect in GTAIV. you can hangout with your friends in different places. if ur friends like you enough, they will provide u with different kinds of help.
Some missions will give you choices to make between persons u want to kill or let go. some will give choice between to persons. ur choice will make an impact on the story. the choices are mostly based on morals.
Driving is definitely one of the best improvements of GTAIV. unlike previous gtas , u need skills to drive the cars in current one. the driving model rivals PGR4, GT ,Test Drive. it's semi-simulation. yea noobs hate it now. because they cant drive anymore.
also: Niko Belic is a great character. I dont miss CJ or Tommy from sa or vc. or that dude from gta3. but i'll miss Niko. He is a great guy with a messed up life. but he cares for his cousin, his mother and the tragedy character of the game. i think saying too much will spoil the story.
I dont feel like writing anymore.. If you have any question about anything about GTAIV .. ask me
p.s. strange thing: I havent seen a pedestrian twice. they are always different. city is huge. more roads than san andreas but less in total size. I still havent memorized all the roads. but i know all the oli-golis of san andreas. rain is very sexy