User Tag List

Thread: confuse about RAM

• Mahfuz's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth P67 accommodated by Thermaltake Spedo Advance Package Chassis
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k 3.3GHz :: Prolimatech Megahalem Rev.B :: Shin-Etsu X23-7783D
      • RAM:
      • 2x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 64GB Sata III MLC :: Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM :: Transcend 320GB Portable
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus 9600GT 512MB
      • Display:
      • Asus ML239H 23'' IPS Panel
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm :: Creative Aurvana Live! :: Creative FATAL1TY HS-800
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech X7-747H 3600dpi :: SS QCK Mass
      • Controller:
      • Never Interested :-/
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake ToughPower XT 675W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus 18X DVD RW
      • UPS:
      • RahimAfrooz 1000VA
      • Operating System:
      • Win7, Linux Mint-- 'VMware'ing a few more when needed
      • Comment:
      • Not half-bad.
      • ISP:
      • Qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 30KBps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 7KBps

Default confuse about RAM

# . whats the difference between data transfer rate and bandwidth ??? i thought the bandwidth is equivalent to data transfer rate but after saw a article in anadtech i come to realize that its not quite true .....:S

# . can anyone describe whats ram latency and how does it works.... i heard that , the less is latency , the fast /* considering performance*/ that ram is ....

Default Re: confuse about RAM

yes, less latencey mens less waiting times. But, really, you can't feel this at all since it is all virtually the same these days. Also, the ram you buy most fit your motherboard, too, so get ram and motherboard and cpu and cpu fan at teh very same time. Don't think about latency and ram type much - it is small difference it gives overall unless you think that 1% difference is a lot overall in your system...basically, you won't feel any difference. However, what you WILL feel is how MUCH ram you put in your machine...If you put 4GB is much better than 2 GB ram - that is what you need to focus at.

1GB ram these days is about $25 - so, if you can put in 4 GB ram then it is about $100. And more ram also means that you may extend the life of your computer 1 more year before needing an upgrade.

Default Re: confuse about RAM

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_geek View Post
    # . can anyone describe whats ram latency and how does it works.... i heard that , the less is latency , the fast /* considering performance*/ that ram is ....
    Here u go man -

http://banglagamer.com/forums/showth...atency-timings