Playing Time: 32 hours 43 minutes 40 seconds
- Graphics isn't great looking but good enough considering it uses DirectX9.
- A great PC port and well optimized.
- Good soundtrack, specially the track used in E3 2012 trailer is amazing.
- Gameplay is okay, not a very good one due to quick time events.
- same goes to controls and key binding this time, unlike RE4.
- Combat is executed very well, hand to hand combat is excellent and fun to execute.
- Nice presentation of the game from various campaigns. Even the menu systems are pretty.
- HUD is good one and good to see them variable in looks in different players campagins.
- Ada is back. Same as always, with some pretty jokes.
- Seven different playable characters.
- Very long storyline and gameplay hours.
- Mercenary mode and split screen co-op.
- Lack of horror elements, the element that made this series famous.
- Too much QTE's. I repeat, way too much quick time events.
- Camera angle sometimes position in a way that I can't even see my surroundings or where to go.
- Checkpoints are sometimes too long.
- No pause menu, I don't want to see the player operating his phone while pressing escape button. I just want to take a break during play often, specially its furious when I see the player died when I get a mobile call.
Resident Evil 6 is a great action-adventure game. Aside from QTE's and some minor fault, this game is one of the best out there. But as a Resident Evil game, this game doesn't deserve more than 6/10.
Lasting Appeal: 9.5/10
Resident Evil 6 in screens:
There are some puzzles in Ada's Campaign, and they are very nice
With unlimited ammunition, controlling a Helicopter is fun
Ada Wong and her Crossbow
Leon in action
Jake with a Piano, part-time musician huh!
Some Road-Rash style actions with motorcycle
Graphics sometimes seems very good, specially with wet bodies.
And flying in Resident Evil 6
There's some limit to put QTE's, I mean come on, I have to press QTE buttons to shimmy through a pipe, couldn't they use the straight forward movement buttons
Mercenary mode is back