Version: Single Player Campaign only
Difficulty Mode: Veteran
Time Taken to finish: 7 hours 9 minutes (Well the game can be finished less than 5 hours, my play-time took this much of hours just because I took the Stealth approach in 70% of the game and most of those time I use the Predator Bow).
Crytek producer Cevat Yerlie said that Crysis 3 is their masterpiece. Is that really? Lets find that out in my short review.
- Graphics is stunning, definitely the best looking game so far.
- The game optimization is very good once more. With all the lowest setting, the graphics still offers great visual and constant 25-30 FPS.
- Gameplay is very good and satisfying, specially stealth approach is very satisfying with
- the use of Predator Bow. This is probably the best addition of the game.
- Weapons choice are very good. All the weapons are satisfying to use and weapon
- customization is very good too.
- A new gameplay element 'hacking' is amazing addition to the game and very fun to use.
- Some open levels to explore.
- Level designing in later part of the game is really amazing.
- Control is very smooth and flexible.
- Soundtrack is quite good. I thought they can't make a better soundtrack than what Hans
- Zimmer did in Crysis 2.
- Good to see some characters returning and gameplay tease from previous games.
- Very poor story and script writing.
- The presentation of the game is not good either.
- No 'Reload from last checkpoint' option.
- A lack of new ideas. The first two Crysis game done a better job than this.
- Enemy AI isn't good, Alien enemies have worse AI.
- The campaign is too short.
For months Crytek promoted the game with a video series called '7 wonders of Crysis 3'. And for some odd reason, they shows 6 wonders keeping one wonder left to show. Well I can add that wonder and that is how on Earth a huge budgeted AAA titles like this can't get a good story writer and plot? And when other games are doing a great presentation of this genre, how Crytek don't know how to do it?
Anyway, in overall, Crysis 3 is a graphics masterpiece. And for this graphics part and satisfying stealth mechanics with Bow, Crysis 3 is worth giving a try.
My Review Scores:
- Gameplay: 8.8/10
- Graphics: 9.9/10
- Plot/Story: 5.5/10
- Audio/Music: 8.5/10
- Presentation: 6.5/10
- Lasting Appeal: 7.0/10
- Overall: 7.7/10
Crysis 3 in screens:
Stunning visuals of Crysis 3
Predator Bow, probably the best thing of the game, utterly satisfying weapon
Weapons customization is very good and comes in handy
RIP Statue of Liberty
Nanosuit customization menu, sometimes very useful
With the new Nanosuit, you can now monitor enemy routes
The all new hacking tool, great fun to turn the turrets against the enemy
Yeah, do that right Aliens, bow down to the Prophet
Even the boss battles are quite easy with games not good AI
Good-bye Prophet for now, see you in Crysis 4.
Crysis 3 in video:
Moving Grass Animation in Crysis 3
Moving Fire Animation in Crysis 3
[Note: All the screens and video was captured by me with the use of Fraps]