The job description of the advertisement reads as following:
“We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.”
The job description also asked for following duties and responsibilities from the candidates:
- Will be expected to create single player and multi-player levels under the direction of the art director and the creative director
- Will be expected to collaborate with the level designers to ensure a perfect union of game play and art
- Will be expected to work under the project's defined best practices, metrics and art pipelines
- Will be expected to UV map, and texture entire levels to a high quality standard
- Will insure that the level works on all relevant platforms, Xbox 360, PS3
While most fans asking for a new call of duty engine and a move to next-gen, the line about Xbox 360 and PS3 might disappoint them if this comes out as true.
Sledgehammer Games, was the co-developers of 2011 title Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Rumors were flying around for last few weeks that Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games are currently developing Modern Warfare 4 for next year release.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II was released on November 13, 2012 on all major platforms.