• Tomb Raider box-art to reveal on Tuesday

    Crystal Dynamics just announced that the box-art of Tomb Raider will be revealed on this Tuesday. The announcement came via this tweet:

    Tomb Raider ‏@tombraider Big news! We’ll be revealing @TombRaider’s box art 9AM PST 10/23 exclusive to http://TombRaider.com & TR Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/imRWLJ

    The following image is captured from the official Tomb Raider website:

    In the last Crystal Habit podcast in September, Crystal Dynamics confirmed that the box-art will be made by Brian Horton, Senior Art Director of Tomb Raider. Both Tomb Raider reveal render and the Crossroads render was made by him.

    Brian Horton also worked on many other titles as Art Director. Some of his titles are Medal of Honor (1999), Medal of Honor: Underground (2000), Medal of Honor: Frontline (2002), Clive Barker's Undying (2001), Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb (2003), Wrath Unleashed (2004) and few other titles including a Pocahontas from 1996 for SEGA.

    Recently Brian Horton worked on the Square Enix's next generation Luminous Engine as Senior Art Director.

    Tomb Raider is scheduled for a March 5, 2013 release on all platforms.
    Comments 17 Comments
    1. MDK's Avatar
      MDK -
      Was waiting for the actual box art. From the gameplay point of view the game looks very similar to Uncharted. Can't complain since I enjoyed all of the Uncharted games .
    1. aayman's Avatar
      aayman -
      Separate thread for the box art? lol

      You surely love this series.
    1. anik_lc's Avatar
      anik_lc -
      Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
      Was waiting for the actual box art. From the gameplay point of view the game looks very similar to Uncharted. Can't complain since I enjoyed all of the Uncharted games .
      Tomb Raider is the father of Uncharted. Without Tomb Raider, Uncharted wouldn't be this good.

      Quote Originally Posted by aayman View Post
      Separate thread for the box art? lol

      You surely love this series.
      Correction 1: This ain't a thread , its an article written by me based on the tweet. Beside there's some info inside it which I bet you didn't know.

      Correction 2: Its not the article for box-art! Its the announcement of box-art reveal. Now still 5026 minutes until the box-art reveal.

      And as I said before, Tomb Raider is a life-style.
    1. aayman's Avatar
      aayman -
      I don't know anything about TR, don't follow the news of any games in such detail.

      And correction, the original TR is the grandmother of UC. This new one will be good because of UC I don't want to argue this with you, but this is judging from all the trailers I've seen, they all are UC-esque (except high detail in puzzles) in nature which is a very good thing
    1. anik_lc's Avatar
      anik_lc -
      Quote Originally Posted by aayman View Post
      I don't know anything about TR, don't follow the news of any games in such detail.

      And correction, the original TR is the grandmother of UC. This new one will be good because of UC I don't want to argue this with you, but this is judging from all the trailers I've seen, they all are UC-esque (except high detail in puzzles) in nature which is a very good thing
      By the way, have you played Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb?
    1. aayman's Avatar
      aayman -
      Quote Originally Posted by anik_lc View Post
      By the way, have you played Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb?
      Nope, didn't even know the game actually.
    1. anik_lc's Avatar
      anik_lc -
      Quote Originally Posted by aayman View Post
      Nope, didn't even know the game actually.
      Aww. Its one of the best action-adventure game IMO. And new Tomb Raider is a lot like that game in terms of action-cinematic and art style. Not to mention Brian Horton was the Art Director in that game a well.
    1. MDK's Avatar
      MDK -
      ya, i guess its true, Uncharted came from Tomb Raider games and Tomb Raider games came from Indiana Jones movies. but the gameplay style of the new tomb raider is borrowed from uncharted. my previous favorite tomb raider games were The Last Revelation and Legend.
    1. anik_lc's Avatar
      anik_lc -
      Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
      ya, i guess its true, Uncharted came from Tomb Raider games and Tomb Raider games came from Indiana Jones movies. but the gameplay style of the new tomb raider is borrowed from uncharted. my previous favorite tomb raider games were The Last Revelation and Legend.
      The Last Revelation was too hard and Legend was too easy.

      Both new TR and UC gameplay is borrowed from that game Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb.

      And Indiana Jones films were actually inspired by Sir Henry Ryder Haggard's Allan Quartermain series.
    1. MDK's Avatar
      MDK -
      i read 3 books of allan quartermain, sheba prokashoni books , good times.
    1. waliDJ's Avatar
      waliDJ -
      my God!

      - - - Updated - - -

      anik bro, u r impossible!
    1. anik_lc's Avatar
      anik_lc -
      Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
      i read 3 books of allan quartermain, sheba prokashoni books , good times.
      Yeah, but they are great. Read all of the series o far that publihed from Sheba Prokashoni. Watched two movies from 80's. Sean Connery portrayed as Allan Quatermain in the film The League of Extra-ordinary Gentleman. Loved that movie.

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by waliDJ View Post
      my God!

      - - - Updated - - -

      anik bro, u r impossible!
      I am impossible? What the heck is that mean?
    1. waliDJ's Avatar
      waliDJ -
      no, I didn't mean anything negative lol. I mean, all those news, how come u have so much patience to gather and read and post those?
    1. anik_lc's Avatar
      anik_lc -
      Quote Originally Posted by waliDJ View Post
      no, I didn't mean anything negative lol. I mean, all those news, how come u have so much patience to gather and read and post those?
      Life of an unemployed bro.
      *le sigh*
    1. Single Player's Avatar
      Single Player -
      Quote Originally Posted by anik_lc View Post
      Life of an unemployed bro.
      *le sigh*
      Who said that u r unemployed? You are serving gamers of bd for a long time and n0body did that before c0ntinu0usly like u.So.....
    1. anik_lc's Avatar
      anik_lc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Single_Player View Post
      Who said that u r unemployed? You are serving gamers of bd for a long time and n0body did that before c0ntinu0usly like u.So.....
      Thanks for the complement.
    1. anik_lc's Avatar
      anik_lc -
      GameTrailers host Geoff Keighley is pumped by the box-art of Tomb Raider. He posted this on his Twitter:
Page generated in 0.48123 seconds with 65 queries.