Last week UK game shop Gamestop revealed a March 1, 2013 release date for Grand Theft Auto V. Rockstar didn't clarify anything about the date. But we don't have to wait long enough to find out.
It seems that Grand Theft Auto V is going to be on the cover of GameInformer's December issue after GameInformer's Editor-in-Chief Andy McNamara revealed the following via his twitter:
The cover of December issue will be revealed in the first week of November and information about the game throughout the whole month. Information about the game as well as screenshots, trailers and possibly a release date is expecting from GameInformer coverage. So its like less than 3 weeks until the start of the coverage.
A release date of March 1, 2013 for GTA V isn't really surprising though. Rockstar keep releasing one game per year for quite a long time. This year Max Payne 3 was also scheduled to release on March but later delayed to May 15.
Q1 2013 is already looks promising. Here's some of the Q1 2013 titles. Few of the dates yet to be confirmed or expected.
- DmC Devil May Cry (January 15, 2013)
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (January 15, 2013)
- Dead Space 3 (February 5, 2013)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (February 12, 2013)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (February 19, 2013)
- BioShock Infinite (February 26, 2013)
- Crysis 3 (February 2013)
- SimCity (February 2013)
- Tomb Raider (March 5, 2013)
- South Park: The Stick of Truth (March 5, 2013)
- God of War: Ascension (March 12, 2013)
- Gears of War: Judgment (March 19, 2013)
- Splinter Cell: Black List (March 29, 2013)
- Anarchy Reigns (Q1, 2013)
- Beyond: Two Souls (Q1, 2013)
- Metro: Last Light (Q1, 2013)
- The Last of Us (Q1, 2013)
Thanks to GameInformer for the images.